Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know M Eversberg II...  
Full Name M.  Eversberg II
Nickname M Eversberg II 
State/Province, Country MD   United States
GD Gathering City Hollywood, MD, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID 448682850 
AIM ID meversbergii 
Yahoo IM ID meversbergii 
Current Occupation
Job Title Student 
Job Description That which sits and learns. 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1029  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/15/2007 9:48:32 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Animator/Modeler Wanted for BF2 Modification Team name: Project Reality team. Project name: Project Reality. Brief description: Project reality is a mod for BF2 that focuses on realism. It has made great progress, and is slowly reaching version 1.0, though more help is greatly ap... 
Posted March 25, 2008 7:35:26 AM
M.'s "Sandbox(?)" RTS. Sometime in 11th grade, I was sitting bored in my US History class (too recent, not fun) and started sketching out some mechanics I thought would make CnC Generals way more interesting than it was at the time. I have played many RTS games, and hav... 
Posted December 11, 2007 3:34:54 AM
How to come out with an idea I've this really interesting RTS concept I've been messing with for ages, but I have a problem. The thing is, I really don't want the idea to get ripped off, but I'd like to see what people think with it. How exactly do I protect my idea? That... 
Posted December 10, 2007 1:24:18 AM
Looking for team mates for small RTS project Team name: Synthetic Amusement Project name: Currently just "The Project". Brief description: This is a basic RTS done in the Crystal Space engine; it's a simple and generic one done to learn how the engine works, as well as how to mak... 
Posted December 10, 2007 12:39:00 AM
Crystal Space 3D They've brought out a new updated edition since the last thread on this, and I was wondering if anyone here uses/used this engine, and what they think of it. I'm considering pulling it apart for an RTS. M. 
Posted October 31, 2007 2:52:31 AM
Study Major Q: Comp Sci vs Comp Prog ((If this is the wrong section, sorry.)) I started college last fall at a local community college, majoring in Computer Science. I scored behind, like most CS majors, in the math section and ended up several classes below the "basic" math for the... 
Posted October 31, 2007 3:09:01 AM
"Ant AI Demo with Source" is gone? Since the "search" function seems to be poor for searching the forums, and because I went back page by page in the AI section, I think this thread might have disapeared or has been lost on another part of the forum. I have the source code, but... 
Posted September 24, 2007 6:05:53 PM
Selling a PC This is a custom built PC I made a bit over a year ago. I came across some unexpected costs this semester for a computer architecture class and since this one is a spare, I'm selling it off to pay for them. It has the following: 2.0Ghz AMD... 
Posted August 28, 2007 3:03:33 AM
Seeking anyone with ORTS experience Team name: As yet Unnamed Brief description: I and a friend of mine are attempting to create an RTS using the ORTS engine. We have some programming experience but have no experience with previous engines (except some "Source" engine on m... 
Posted September 9, 2007 4:47:10 AM
(C++) Source Mod Questions Since I'm not totally complete in my C++ classes (still need C++ II before I'm done with the core concepts) I'm coming up with some questions while going through the source code the Source SDK installs for my basic screwing around with mod. (I plan... 
Posted August 20, 2007 12:24:36 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Animator/Modeler Wanted for BF2 Modification Wow, totally forgot; I'll go fix that now. M. 
Posted March 25, 2008 5:07:07 PM
M.'s "Sandbox(?)" RTS. Quote:I'm curious though, you say the game is more of a Slow paced game, what makes it slow? Is it the scale of the combat, or some other aspect? All things intended, the combat will be "tactical", somewhat like the "Bridge too far" series. That... 
Posted December 12, 2007 10:46:14 PM
M.'s "Sandbox(?)" RTS. On this project, not for a while. I'm doing something smaller to pick through the engine. I've taken two semesters of C++, but it's surprising how much I don't know in application! The "create your own units" and "create your own faction" is the... 
Posted December 12, 2007 12:56:00 PM
M.'s "Sandbox(?)" RTS. It is indeed. I'm actually trying to fix that; I loved that game and don't want to clone it. Biggest difference is one is turn based and mine is real time. I think the issue is mostly in the backstory, that was mostly filler when some local... 
Posted December 12, 2007 9:28:59 AM
How to come out with an idea http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=475547 ^^ It's just an expression write up. Not exactly sure how to do a more "formal" design document. M. 
Posted December 11, 2007 7:39:17 PM
How to come out with an idea It's up; I encourage anyone interested to check it out. M. 
Posted December 11, 2007 10:00:19 AM
How to come out with an idea Well, I'm a big fan of RTS games, and like someone said, they're becoming clones. I've been inspired and have formulated my own thoughts into a project that I'm hoping to at least make a working demo of in the near future. See about someone in th... 
Posted December 10, 2007 11:47:08 AM
Crystal Space 3D Quote:Original post by PCN Oh crap! I meant CEL, not Crystal Core. My bad! I think I was rushing that day I was responding. Yeah I asked at the forums and they said to use CEL. I am wondering, since you have some experience, if you would be fr... 
Posted November 1, 2007 11:03:43 PM
Study Major Q: Comp Sci vs Comp Prog Quote:Original post by smc IT is not a bad switch from a pure CS track. I know a few people who did not want to go through the physics and math, so they switched over to the IT track. I suggested you stick it out a little longer because I perceived... 
Posted November 1, 2007 11:01:16 PM
Study Major Q: Comp Sci vs Comp Prog Quote:Original post by Vorpy "Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes" - Edsger Dijkstra Computer science is the abstract mathematical part. You can use a telescope without being an astronomer, but an astron... 
Posted November 1, 2007 2:12:49 AM
View All Replies Made By This User