Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know lordcorm...  
Full Name  
Nickname lordcorm 
State/Province, Country UT   United States
GD Gathering City Hyde Park, UT, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 41  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/31/2006 11:16:25 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Python disable garbage collection In python, is there any way to disable garbage collection on a specific object? In python, I have made a class called "LoginSession", which holds all my variables for a user that is logged into my server. However, I need to bind this class to my... 
Posted April 12, 2009 2:18:22 AM
Deploying Libraries I had a very quick questions, and I know its a question that is probably more preference then standard. For the 2.5 years ive been using C++, ive always been putting all my .h files in the src folder along with the .cpp files. Now that im develop... 
Posted March 28, 2009 3:26:59 PM
Eclipse/PHPEclipse SVN setup. Ive been using Subversion for over a year now, and I havnt ever seen a setup quite like Eclipse/PHPEclipse's Subversions. I was wondering if I could get an explaination of what "org." and "net." means. Just taking a guess, is that how CVS used... 
Posted March 28, 2009 5:26:34 AM
Developing for Windows under Linux! It has finally been the last straw with windows! It has caused me so much trouble and hardships that i want to make an almost complete move to linux. Mind you, ive done this about 4 times already, and every time the reason for me coming back is not b... 
Posted February 11, 2009 1:09:59 AM
[C#/XNA] Fast Search for Hex Board Currently im developing a 2D Game that involves a Hex Game board. Each hex is instanced and placed into a Hash Map at the creation of the board. I was wondering what is the quickest way to find out what hex my mouse is over on my game board? 
Posted December 15, 2008 3:32:53 PM
Handle Packets Globally, or Locally? Is it alot more dynamic to handle my packets globally (through one static PacketProcessor class), or locally? (in the Player class) Right off the bat, one of the advantages to the local is that I can change my handlers (that are delegate... 
Posted November 22, 2008 3:32:10 AM
Packet Auto Build/Decomposition Design Currently, im working on a Packet Build and Decomposition system that will allow for easy integration of new packets into my server. I have the build part of the system down and fairly 'set in stone'. The overall design will result with a cla... 
Posted November 15, 2008 1:01:45 AM
High traffic Game Server (C# vs C++ with Boost) For about the last week ive been going on a 'language/library/engine/framework' tryout spree to try to find the best framework for my Game Server. Currently, Its has come down to C# or C++ (with Boost). ------------------------------------... 
Posted November 12, 2008 9:59:42 PM
CAS2 and the ABA problem Is this the correct way to do a CAS2? and will it get rid of the ABA problem in lockless queues/stacks? bool CAS2(uint32* ptr, uint32 oldVal, uint32 newVal,uint32* oldPopCount, uint32 newPopCount) { if(*ptr == oldVal && *oldPopCount &l... 
Posted June 24, 2008 10:51:11 PM
Lockless Queues Im having a little trouble sorting out what a lockless queue is and when to use it. What i want to know is: * is it a way to make variable accessing safe on any thread? For any purpose? Or is it just a normal stl queue that is lock-less fo... 
Posted June 22, 2008 7:22:55 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
RPG game question Quote:Original post by Yamikomittsu Can I use J2SE language for RPG game? Yes Quote:Original post by Yamikomittsu Because I do not know how to write script in game engine. If yes, can you tell me how I write script? You dont necessarily n... 
Posted December 29, 2009 1:01:03 AM
MMORPG datastorage From personal experience, I wouldn't recommend using XML files to store player data or any data that is subject to immense change. Storing things such as NPC templates, Item templates, Quests templates and such in XML would be just fine. But playe... 
Posted August 14, 2009 10:13:36 AM
[GDK]Readout coordinate of Camera Position Quote:Original post by Gianotti how can i do this? i can spawn now a object at position like i want but i want to spawn it on a specific position. second question : how can i add a collision on 3d objects? Its hard to understand yo... 
Posted August 7, 2009 5:30:01 PM
XDK Resources? Uhhh, im pretty sure all that stuff is closed from the public... How have you gotten your hands (or going to get your hands) on that? You kinda need to know C++ (or what ever language the platform supports) before you even think about touching a... 
Posted August 7, 2009 9:22:24 AM
Assemblies in C# Interfaces. Use interfaces. They will make your life so much easier. Create an interface for you SearchEngine and SearchResult classes in your main application or a separate abstracted library (the later would be more efficient imo). Then have you... 
Posted August 7, 2009 5:51:04 AM
Python disable garbage collection Thanks for your reply Zahlman. The reason im using C++ for part of my application is because its a prototype for a server im working on. I have all my generic core classes in a library which i use to make different types of prototypes (using... 
Posted April 12, 2009 4:07:23 AM
Eclipse/PHPEclipse SVN setup. ah, makes complete sense now. thank you 
Posted March 28, 2009 6:03:58 AM
Developing for Windows under Linux! Quote:Original post by lightbringer Looks like you're pretty much stuck with Windows for now, as others have already mentioned. I actually find that XP Pro SP3 performs reasonably well, especially if you do a fresh install two or three times a year.... 
Posted February 11, 2009 3:36:52 PM
Developing for Windows under Linux! Quote:Original post by Antheus I didn't know DVD drives requires special drivers. I never said they needed special drivers.... it does need special drivers for the lightscribe part of it, but not for reading. Quote: But here's a bigger is... 
Posted February 11, 2009 3:08:20 PM
Developing for Windows under Linux! The main reason I cant make the 'complete' switch to using just C++ and OpenGL, is because the company im freelancing with right now, ONLY uses C# and XNA, and i dont own the project. I think what ill do for now is dual-boot even though its a... 
Posted February 11, 2009 9:04:27 AM
View All Replies Made By This User