Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know cryon...  
Full Name  
Nickname cryon 
State/Province, Country Ostergotlands Lan   Sweden
GD Gathering City Linkoping, Ostergotlands Lan, Sweden
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1013  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/5/2006 6:43:00 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
16bpp on textures when expecting 32bpp Hi First of all, I wasn't sure if this thread belonged in the Alternative Game Libraries (since I load textures with glfw) or here, hope it's right :> So, I'm loading a texture with some smooth gradients but when i put it on a quad it d... 
Posted July 4, 2006 4:59:20 PM
Theta Blocks (tetris clone) So I finally pulled the ol' thumb and completed a game! It's an ordinary tetris clone, nothing special about it except that it's done by me :) I made it partly to gain some better knowledge about OOP and partly to have something I've made myself... 
Posted July 1, 2006 7:10:01 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
GLFW or SDL? Quote:Original post by Mekanikles It has no license whatsoever (not that LGPL should be a problem, but hey). Actually it goes under the zlib/libpng license. Not that it matters since it allows you to do pretty much anything, but I thought I shoul... 
Posted June 20, 2007 8:45:45 AM
[SDL] Why does my program slow down in fullscreen? [SOLVED] One thing that might help is to make sure that your surfaces have the same format as your screen surface. Otherwise SDL must convert your surfaces every time you blit them. You can fix this by converting all your surfaces at loading-time with the fun... 
Posted April 22, 2007 11:12:27 AM
New MMORPG in development! Recruiting! Quote:Original post by LilMain If any of you would like to see some work I've done; I'd be happy to show you. I think you'll get more response if you do, feel free to link to your portfolio.  
Posted December 30, 2006 8:57:38 AM
[4e5] Graphics card, What are you using? Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb 
Posted July 15, 2006 6:23:40 PM
16bpp on textures when expecting 32bpp Quote:Original post by hh10k I don't know anything about glfwLoadTexture2D, but I know ATI drivers have a 'helpful' optimization that gives you a 16-bit texture when you ask for GL_RGBA. Make sure you explicitly ask for GL_RGBA8. That did it! th... 
Posted July 5, 2006 9:28:33 AM
Game Scripting There are a series of articles here on gamedev: http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article1633.asp 
Posted July 4, 2006 10:32:30 PM
16bpp on textures when expecting 32bpp Quote:Original post by deavik Well then you're going to have to write your own "LoadTexture2D" function, unfortunately. It's the "internalFormat" parameter to glTexImage2D that you can set to a sized format (eg. GL_RGBA8 with 32bit color, GL_RGBA4 w... 
Posted July 4, 2006 10:28:37 PM
Theta Blocks (tetris clone) Quote:Original post by Anudh Really sweet gui. [smile] Nice work all over. thanks man. yeah, i was afraid of a performance hit (i know, not too much to worry about in a tetris) with all the alpha-blended surfaces in the UI since it's software ren... 
Posted July 4, 2006 7:34:06 PM
16bpp on textures when expecting 32bpp Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster What is your glTexImage2D call? Well, the function glfwLoadTexture2D is pretty much the same as glTexImage2D with the exception that it loads an targa-image (.tga) from the disk instead of loading image-dat... 
Posted July 4, 2006 6:52:00 PM
Warzone Command 2 - Game Project Looks really cool!... how long have you been developing it? 
Posted July 4, 2006 12:25:37 PM
View All Replies Made By This User