Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know guvidu...  
Full Name Bogdan Daniel Vladu
Nickname guvidu 
State/Province, Country Bucuresti   Romania
GD Gathering City Bucuresti, Bucuresti, Romania
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID vladu_bogdan@yahoo.com 
Current Occupation
Job Title Lead Programmer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 937  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/12/2006 11:10:25 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Luabind/lua: calling a function from a specific script Hey guys! I need to load a function from a specific script. What i need to do is something like this: Load a bunch of script files luaL_dofile(m_luaState, script1Path); luaL_dofile(m_luaState, script2Path); luaL_dofile(m_luaSt... 
Posted October 13, 2008 2:59:29 PM
Cross platform gui toolkit and licence Hello everybody! Please provide me with a little help. I want to develop an application that i will be selling, in at least two version. Sell it without source code, and sell it with source code. The problem that im facing is that i dont k... 
Posted August 28, 2008 5:07:01 AM
Squirel - passing varibles between scripts Hi guys. Do you know if its posible and if it is, how can i pass varibles between squirel scripts? So i have like this - script 1 /////// variable varA; /////////// script 2 varible B = script1.varA; can i do something like... 
Posted August 21, 2008 2:44:41 AM
Games for windows Live and Opengl Hello guys Im a little confused about Games for windows Live. How does things work with this? And most importantly a game done with OpenGL can be included in Games for Windows Live or microsoft wants all the games to be directx only? Thank... 
Posted July 24, 2008 9:28:16 AM
multiplatform C++ librari for file upload and download Hello there I need a multiplatform library (Windows, Linux, Mac OS) for C++ that lets me upload a file to a ftp and download a file from a ftp. Do you guys know any? Thanks alot 
Posted July 22, 2008 5:43:07 AM
Grid based map editor in openGL Hi there Can you guys point me in some direction. I wanna do a map editor sort of like warcraft 3 map editor - or starcraft - only in 3D. So i need to know whats the best way to do this becouse i need to do cooling on it two. So becou... 
Posted May 22, 2008 2:46:00 PM
Passing a string to a callback function Hello Maybe you could help me with this. I have this function Function(void(COpenGL::*Callback)()); what i want to do is to pass to this function a string. so im thinking something like this string funcString = "COpenGL::Need... 
Posted May 16, 2008 3:04:19 AM
Tokamak problem with objects going throw each other Hi there, Im using tokamak to do 2d collision. I know its not the ideal way for doing 2d physics.But im almost there and tokamak is good for what i need. The problem im facing is like this. in the update function im puting all objects at positi... 
Posted April 22, 2008 2:06:14 PM
When puting the code to a static library the program crash in msvcr80.dll Hi there I put my code in a static lib - and then link it to my program - it compiles fine but when it starts running it crashes in msvcr80.dll. Can you guys tell me what could be the problem? Thanks alot 
Posted April 1, 2008 8:55:39 AM
index VBO with 2 index array ? is that posible? Hello there Im having trouble rendering my object with index VBO. I use the 3ds max importer from gameTutorials class (if any one knows that). The problem im facing is like this. i have this arrays vertexes Normals texturesUV Pro... 
Posted March 8, 2008 1:03:40 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
LNK2005 error [C++] you are defining those structures multiple times - basically you are including a header file multiple time. For instance file A - includes file C file B - includes file A and file C so when the compiler gets to file B it tries to redefine wha... 
Posted November 24, 2009 10:42:49 AM
QT vs GTK QT for sure - better documentation 
Posted April 20, 2009 3:22:42 AM
header file problem Ok - you have two solutions that i can see up front. One - move global variables in lighs.h - then lights.cpp and meshes.h and meshes.cpp will have access to them. Second make globals.h and put all your global variables there - and then include t... 
Posted October 31, 2008 8:06:06 AM
header file problem Im not realy sure since i dont really see the code - but if lights is included in Meshes, why not declare g_pd3dDevice in lights? If Meshes.cpp - contaings a class "class Meshes" do a forward declaration or something. If you show me your code i can h... 
Posted October 31, 2008 7:55:07 AM
C++/STL - Slow? SOLVED Hi I can tell you that using arrays over std::vector is faster. I tested this a while back. 
Posted October 31, 2008 4:53:18 AM
Cross-platform way to get files and folders inside a given folder I agree with SiCrane - WxWidget its what you need. Easy to use and very powerfull. 
Posted October 23, 2008 11:42:26 AM
Luabind/lua: calling a function from a specific script thanks alot - i will look into it 
Posted October 18, 2008 6:58:10 AM
Cross platform gui toolkit and licence Thanks alot for the help guys. I think im going to use wxWidget :) 
Posted August 28, 2008 6:48:30 AM
Cross platform gui toolkit and licence I most centainly dont undestand the GPL So if i make a program that uses gtk or wxwidget (dont make any modifications to them - only use the library to make interface) i can sell my software with and without the source code. all i have to do... 
Posted August 28, 2008 6:08:44 AM
I am a opengl beginner, I have a question about MATRIX. I suggest you look into Quaternions - there are alot of good tutorials out there Good luck  
Posted August 21, 2008 3:28:43 AM
View All Replies Made By This User