Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know LamerGamer...  
Full Name Eddie Char
Nickname LamerGamer 
State/Province, Country CA   United States
GD Gathering City Glendale, CA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID northstar00106 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Technical Analyst 
Job Description Database programming and technical purchasing 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1056  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/6/2004 2:02:52 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Exiting a program I'm using Dev-CPP w/ Allegro lib. When running a program and trying to exit via clicking the "X" at the top right corner of the window, I get a warning, improper way to exit message. How do you get rid of this and make it where you may exit the pro... 
Posted June 18, 2005 11:46:39 PM
Test My Game!!! Hey all, Here's my first completed game ever! It's a classic Tetris clone, 100% handcoded in Dev-CPP with Allegro 4.0. Let me know what you guys think! http://www.angelfire.com/games5/lamergamer/TetriX.zip [Edited by - LamerGamer on June 1... 
Posted June 15, 2005 2:34:41 AM
My Tetris Clone I've been having bandwidth problems with geocities.com, so I moved my game to angelfire. This is my first completed game--a Tetris clone I call, "TetriX". Any feedback would be appreciated: graphics, gameplay, choice of music and sound effects, etc... 
Posted June 15, 2005 10:15:19 PM
Frame Rate Qualms I'm creating a game in Dev-CPP using the allegro library. My game has a framerate of 400 fps, unless I add a rest() function; I'd like to regulate fps to 60. My concern is that if this game is played on different computers w/ different graphic... 
Posted June 12, 2005 3:45:24 AM
Time-Based Movement Where can I find articles, examples, etc. on this? 
Posted June 12, 2005 4:05:07 AM
Music suggestions for high score entry screen Hey Guys, What song do you suggest for a high score entry screen? I'm making a Tetris mod (big surprise!) and I need fanfare-like music when you enter your name for getting a high score. Also, what's the copyright rules for putting songs from... 
Posted June 9, 2005 3:04:23 AM
Hi Scores Implementation using fstream I have a file for hi scores in the following format: Name1 100000 Name2 80000 Name3 70000 ... Name10 1000 I'm using fstream, but do not know all the functions associated with it. Basically, when a new score is registered, I want to be... 
Posted June 1, 2005 1:49:58 AM
Fade Out - Allegro How do I fade in and fade out a BITMAP blitted to the screen? One way is to have the images available in a file, and blit them sequentially, but I want to do this with a function in Allegro. 
Posted May 15, 2005 7:17:21 PM
Which Files Are Necessary? I've completed a game in Dev-C++ using the Allegro game library. Which files are needed for someone else to play my game on his/her computer? My guess is: - the .exe file - alleg40.dll - all the .o files (don't know if these are necessary... 
Posted May 9, 2005 11:55:16 PM
Question About Framerate What are taken into consideration when determining framerate? I figure processor speed and type, memory, and video card speed and memory. I'm using Allegro for Dev-C++; I like to use the rest() function to control the framerate. If I were to consi... 
Posted May 10, 2005 12:18:21 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Test My Game!!! How do you make it where you can click the "X" close button at the top right corner of the window and it won't give you the "Warning: forcing program shutdown may lead to data loss etc..." message? 
Posted June 18, 2005 3:52:54 PM
Test My Game!!! I might put up the source code. It's kinda ugly though--one .cpp file has over 1000 lines. That's a lot for Tetris, I think. 
Posted June 17, 2005 5:05:23 PM
Test My Game!!! Wow, thanks for the input! The zip files didn't work? Did you download from the angelfire site? Should work fine. Extra console--I couldn't figure how to get rid of this. I know it shows up in all the demos I create (I learned game program... 
Posted June 17, 2005 2:36:59 AM
Need Idea Turned Into Game Hey, I've seen your stunt performed on MTV's Road Rules. Looks like a lot of fun! Scary, nonetheless, but fun. Hope you find someone who can help you! 
Posted June 16, 2005 9:04:25 PM
Test My Game!!! Thanks everyone for your comments. What I'd like to know a breakdown of the game: Gameplay Graphics Music Funfactor That would help a lot!! 
Posted June 16, 2005 4:42:39 PM
My Tetris Clone I do have clockwise and counter-clockwise rotations for the blocks--they are CTRL and SHIFT. While playing the game, I found it awkward to control with two hands, so I allowed the UP key to do rotations as well--I think most players like to be able... 
Posted June 16, 2005 1:05:10 AM
My Tetris Clone Programmer16: I zipped it using WinZip 8.1 SR-1 (Eval ver.) I tried downloading and extracting it myself and was able to. Game ran fine. You can try this link. I had to move it to angelfire because I kept reaching my bandwidth limit. donjohnso... 
Posted June 15, 2005 11:56:30 PM
Frame Rate Qualms What would the Get_Current_Time() function do? 
Posted June 12, 2005 4:07:59 AM
Music suggestions for high score entry screen Well, my main question is "What song do you suggest for a high score name entry screen?" Need a fanfare-natured song. 
Posted June 9, 2005 9:10:47 PM
Hi Scores Implementation using fstream This seems all good; however what happens when you quit the game? Every time you restart, the data from the previous game won't be saved, which is why I created a file to store this info. I'll look at your link for fstream. 
Posted June 1, 2005 2:27:33 AM
View All Replies Made By This User