Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know webjeff...  
Full Name Jeff King
Nickname webjeff 
State/Province, Country IL   United States
GD Gathering City Roselle, IL, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1067  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/2/2004 9:51:00 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Lua Function Stack Hello, I am trying to figure out how this works a bit more. Essentially I am running into a case where two scripts have the same functions (Start, Update, and let's call one Test). After loading both scripts, I can push the Start/Update f... 
Posted August 31, 2010 2:51:53 PM
C# + C++ sync Hey Guys: I have an engine built in C++. Runs on multiple platforms. Works great because I can build a game on the PC and it easily runs on other platforms. I want to possibly work on a C# Xbox game. I am struggling to figu... 
Posted July 25, 2009 4:09:21 PM
Pigskin Pass ver 1.1 is released Pigskin Pass ver 1.1 Update is out! Link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=316020798 Website (pics here): http://www.pigskinpass.net Features: Online Leaderboards Faster Qb Throws Optimized menus and mi... 
Posted June 24, 2009 10:11:39 AM
Pigskin Pass (iPhone Game) Pigskin Pass is an iPhone 3d football game I made. It uses the accelerometer and touch feature to throw the football while trying to hit moving targets run plays. I wanted to create a realistic fun football game, that could work on the iPhone.... 
Posted May 22, 2009 1:29:35 PM
Pigskin Pass Released on iPhone Hello fellow GameDev'rs, I have released a new iPhone game called "Pigskin Pass" for the iPhone. It's a 3D Football game. Developed using OpenGL ES and the iPhone SDK, I took full advantage of the iPhone's graphical abilities as well as accelero... 
Posted May 20, 2009 5:33:57 PM
3D entity ontop of 2D entity Hello I want to draw something in Ortho mode, however I want a 3d model to draw over it. Right now I basically do this... * Setup Ortho * Draw 2D Entity * Setup Perspective * Draw 3D Entity However the 3D object is still behind the 2D it... 
Posted February 26, 2009 11:26:50 AM
coordinate systems Hello, I'm curious if the coordinate system have anything to do with the clipping or rasterizing or anything in the graphics pipeline. Another words, I create my own matricies for projection and view and world (IE not using D3DX or GLU). I als... 
Posted February 20, 2009 10:09:23 AM
Showing Trajectory Path Hi, I want to display a trajectory path for a ball based on arc + force. Right now, I'm using bullet physics so my object has a mass (0.1) and my world has gravity (0,-10,0) and I am applying force based on the angle you supply. I wa... 
Posted February 5, 2009 10:25:46 AM
Bullet Collision Detection Hey, I am trying to figure out the proper way of determining when objects collide. Currently, after a step I grab the manifolds and see who's touching who, but the problem is if an object is on the ground, I get that non-stop. I just need t... 
Posted January 28, 2009 2:06:59 PM
Chase Camera Studder Hi guys, I implemented a chase camera, where it lags a little. Basically when you move forward the camera starts to move closer and when you stop, the camera slow catches up. Problem is when going full speed, the object your following looks li... 
Posted December 18, 2008 10:01:06 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Lua Function Stack Sneftel, Excellent description. That's exactly my problem, I was loading a script and setting up a global function 'Update', then redefining it in another script. If then I execute Update in both threads (lua threads) I was expecting to call eac... 
Posted August 31, 2010 5:13:15 PM
Display a Player Indicator with GUI I am not sure I understand completely what you want, but let me throw some ideas out for you.... For a map, you shouldn't be using a Camera or separate viewport at all. Usually a rendered top down view (or modified version) is best. Let's say... 
Posted August 24, 2010 2:37:15 PM
All traffic cars leave me and I am alone One more thing. I would put a check to ensure you're never doing more than a handful of cars through physics. Depending on you're way points you could have all 30 cars running physics on which would be killer. Might want to do onl... 
Posted July 29, 2010 6:56:52 PM
All traffic cars leave me and I am alone ayush, I'll mention a couple things in my head and you can sort them out. 1) I wouldn't 'spawn' cars at way points near you. This can be weird to the user if they happen to be looking at a way point and see a car pop in. I would think about s... 
Posted July 29, 2010 6:53:34 PM
A compromise between component-based entity systems and object-oriented designs I've had the lucky experience for working with a component-based engine. I can see how you might think this would be a good thing, but I don't think it'll work and will probably just cause future headaches. Think of it this way, your way would... 
Posted July 12, 2010 6:02:16 PM
Separate Base/Derived Methods in a Class I disagree with the use of templates here. I think the best solution, since it is a derived type anyway is to provide a DrawVbo(MeshVBO* m) function instead of trying to make a Draw() call that takes both types. The problem with your implementa... 
Posted July 7, 2010 2:08:12 PM
C# + C++ sync Hey Guys: Thanks for the replies. I think the consensus is to just port it, which is fine and I sort of figured that. I was more wondering if there are any tools to help keep a C++ engine and a C# engine in sync as features are added. I would g... 
Posted July 26, 2009 1:29:21 PM
Pigskin Pass (iPhone Game) Thanks guys! I am pushing the iPhone to it's limits that's for sure! Jeff. 
Posted May 25, 2009 9:05:27 AM
Am I misunderstanding normals(and using them in VBOs) Tool, I think your problem is in here: for (INT_PTR index = 0; index < m_facet.GetCount(); index++) { ... (Code removed for ease of explanation // NOTE: Do this *AFTER* re-factoring this class! float nx = (v1.y *... 
Posted February 11, 2009 12:11:21 PM
Cannot assign std::string in a struct inside a header only class Hi Paul, First thing, this should probably be moved to Beginner. JK :) There's nothing wrong with your code the way you have it, I would guess since it fails on the std::string value that you over wrote memory early or free'd memory incor... 
Posted February 4, 2009 1:53:13 PM
View All Replies Made By This User