Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know hogarth...  
Full Name  
Nickname hogarth 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1027  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/8/2007 1:56:45 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Warborn - In Development strategy game release Warborn is a strategy game focusing on infantry, heroes, and war machines, with many troops, enemies, and enviroments. The game is not complete but can select levels troops etc. Crystal Space was used as the underlying engine. Blender was use... 
Posted February 22, 2010 5:31:22 PM
Warborn - wip strategy game w/ download Faded Earth : Warborn This is the first version of the game I've uploaded anywhere, it's a wip/demo version with many things uncompleted and only 3 or 4 maps out of the 15 I want it to have. A lot of parts feel primitive to me even after... 
Posted July 27, 2008 4:07:23 PM
model loading code I don't understand I'm using this system to load models into an application ( this is using the cal3d format and library) and it keeps getting the wrong winding order. It will load for example 4 objects together, and one of them will get the wrong order but the ot... 
Posted February 12, 2008 11:54:54 AM
is this a common use of glow/emit? Can glow/emit maps be used as lightmaps to allow "further" lighting? Like a shadowy room, but then a fireball appears and the shadows fade because the emit is balanced with the dark areas. I am using crystal space which has lightmaps computed into s... 
Posted December 16, 2007 11:25:48 AM
terrain for structures I want to make something that is basically like some walls , around a city for example, that can be reshaped as they are destroyed or burnt. Could you do something like that with a height map terrain, or does that not work well with vertical walls? I... 
Posted December 13, 2007 11:41:42 AM
fighting combos, but not realtime I'm trying to come up with a system for like, swordfighting combos, even though it is in more of a turn based system. I can actually think of some games that have one, systems based on press the button at the right time, or press a series.... 
Posted November 14, 2007 11:51:56 AM
Untitled I'm looking for this I've searched but I just don't know what it's called or exactly what to do. Basically I I have a sphere with radius 5 (as an example), and I rotate the sphere in some way from it's original rotation. How can I tell how far t... 
Posted November 14, 2007 12:01:20 PM
physics are always slow? Is there a way to add physics to a game without dropping the frame rate noticably. I know any ammount of code running will slow it down, but maye there is a lightweight method of doing some basic physics, just for particle effects or a rolling ball,... 
Posted November 11, 2007 10:35:26 AM
vertex animation, I knew I didn't like it. I knew ahead of time that there were some issues with per vertex animation, aka vertex keys, but now I'm realizing I can't even rotate a regular cube. It will flatten or stretch on tweening. If you had a keyframe for every frame, making the mesh... 
Posted November 6, 2007 10:17:06 AM
lod or render distance I was originally planning on adding an LOD 'level' to some maps I'm starting to make. Basically it is just adding a lower poly version of all buildings and important things. This takes time to make and pumps up the file sizes, which is what I do... 
Posted November 4, 2007 12:08:40 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Graphics Card Issue I have a similar card, and it will do the same thing if you really overclock it, (I mean really high). If it's not overclocked you can still try turning things down. Maybe you can list here what speeds your card is set too and what it's default is. ... 
Posted August 1, 2008 1:58:10 PM
Warborn - wip strategy game w/ download >>Could you explain a little bit about how the gameplay works? The game uses turns so it's not RTS, basically move your character then click an enemy if any are in range, which depends on your weapon. You don't move every character... 
Posted July 29, 2008 10:22:51 AM
Help with rigging animation I hope so, there should be a format that has skeleton support which is what you would want for, a human or whatever. What about .x or cal3d? 
Posted April 10, 2008 11:42:01 AM
Fade effect? I'm not sure because it depends on your program. For me it is something like, once per frame, take the elapsed time since last frame, add that to a variable, and multiply that to something to change the alpha value till it's min or max, the... 
Posted April 7, 2008 11:01:32 AM
Normal Map Issues of DEATH you have to think about what your target program is, and how it works, mostly in terms of what tangent math is used and how uvs are calculated. The problem is usually this, some programs take any uv seam and make a cut in the mesh, duplicating the v... 
Posted March 27, 2008 12:11:02 PM
What should I open this with? It probably did export the texture to blender, but it exports the UVs, in blender select the faces and open the actual texture image. In other words, you need to tell blender where the image is. As for animation, I don't know, moving animations aroun... 
Posted March 9, 2008 1:42:13 PM
Massive Alternative I wouldn't use blender's game features for that, but what I would use is it's python scripting, if you have someone who can handle that kind of thing. 
Posted March 3, 2008 10:26:43 AM
Cheap antialiasing AA is handled automatically by the graphics card for hardware drawing isn't it? Just turn it on or command it to turn on from the code, I don't know the details. 
Posted February 23, 2008 4:08:08 PM
Animation in a fighting/platform game basically it's not normal, you could look on the net for a "sprite" set for king of fighters or SFIII, just to use to learn from 
Posted February 21, 2008 10:53:37 AM
3D Characters and triangle-counts Quote:The hardware I'm aiming for in high detail is something like a 2ghz processor, 1.5gb ram, geforce 7800. The recommended specs i'm aiming for are closer to 1.4ghz processor, 512mb ram, geforce 6600. Those are pretty much the computers i have her... 
Posted February 18, 2008 11:19:51 AM
View All Replies Made By This User