Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know NoMonkey...  GDNet+
Full Name John Mena
Nickname NoMonkey 
State/Province, Country OK   United States
GD Gathering City Norman, OK, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID 345339127 
AIM ID EnjoyZRide 
Yahoo IM ID EnoyZRide 
Current Occupation
Job Title General Programmer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1115  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/9/2003 3:49:47 PM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/NoMonkey/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
How to determine objects LookAt vector If I pass a 4x4 tranformation matrix for a model to a function, how can I extract which direction the object is facing. This is assuming the matrix has already had the desired transformation applied to it. Overall, what I am trying to accomplish... 
Posted November 8, 2005 11:27:00 AM
Custom Mouse Cursor in OpenGL... I am looking for a way to use a custom cursor with OpenGL and DirecInput via an image file. I am assuming I should just load the image to a texture and render it every frame. If this is the way to do it, how do I set a hotspot for the cursor? Any... 
Posted April 18, 2003 4:54:13 PM
Coders, Modelers, 2D/3D artists, Web designer needed... CyberLazy Inc. is looking for new members to join the team. The current postions that are available are as follows: Coders: Need to have a working knowledge of C++ and DirectX. Years of game programming experience is not required but is prefe... 
Posted February 26, 2003 3:57:10 PM
Help with Window Class... I have done some digging online and asking some other people in the community but I can’t figure out why my program won’t close it’s instance. When I close the program, it calls the PostQuitMessage function when WM_DESTROY... 
Posted February 10, 2003 11:02:43 PM
Newbie Team Proposal (long)... I am an experienced programmer in many languages including C++. I have been working on Game Development in both DirectX and Win32 GDI for about 1.5 years. Although I have read just about every book on both subjects, I have yet to put toge... 
Posted February 9, 2003 4:13:40 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Crayon Physics Excellent job! Very fun and addicting. My only complaint is the repetative music which almost drove me to shut down the app. That said, an all round great game! 
Posted July 2, 2007 1:06:27 AM
Using "delete" before "new" Quote:Original post by Fruny Your advice is good, but the example you used is the one case where it's unneeded. [rolleyes] Whatever you say.  
Posted April 14, 2006 9:18:21 AM
Using "delete" before "new" But trying to use a null pointer is an error. From reading his initial post, he appears to be unaware of how to check a pointer for validity. My point was that if he always sets the pointer to NULL and checks it's validity, there's shouldn't be a... 
Posted April 14, 2006 9:06:03 AM
Using "delete" before "new" The best way to ensure you won't end up with a read/write error is to always set a pointer to 0 or NULL. Any time a function is recieving a pointer, it should always check it's validity before using it: if( ptr ) delete ptr; You can also c... 
Posted April 14, 2006 8:58:47 AM
GameDev.net's New Design I like the new layout, but the white is killing my eyes. I don't like the fact that I had to turn the brightness all the way down just to view a site. I'd be interested to see how all this looks but with a dark Grey background. I have to agree... 
Posted November 23, 2005 4:23:41 PM
GDNet Comic: The Game! ERROR: "Demo Initialiaztion Failed." This is what I get when I attempt to run it. Windows XP Pro Intel Integrated video (64MB I believe) Intel P4 2.8GHz HT 2GB RAM Good luck! 
Posted November 22, 2005 4:25:47 PM
Booty Duty -- Beta Release Wow, you leave a guy some constructive criticism and he calls you "a complete dick". I even wished you the best with your game. Thanks for the heads up on what going "gold" means. Don't even believe for a second that I had the sightest thou... 
Posted November 20, 2005 3:51:39 PM
Booty Duty -- Beta Release I believe your free, potentialy-gold-striking game should be convenient for the end users to download. While your game looks nice, it doesn't look like anything we haven't seen before, which definitely means we won't go out of our way to acquire it.... 
Posted November 17, 2005 12:06:51 PM
How to determine objects LookAt vector Thank you all for the excellent replies. I had no idea it was that easy! Thanks! 
Posted November 8, 2005 1:27:18 PM
What is important for game dev companies? This entirely depends on the company. I would say a majority of the time, they want you to have some 3rd party experience as they most likely already have a prebuilt engine or are using externally developed components already. While we, as h... 
Posted October 31, 2005 9:04:41 AM
View All Replies Made By This User