Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know james_g...  
Full Name  
Nickname james_g 
State/Province, Country Nova Scotia   Canada
GD Gathering City Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 999  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/8/2006 5:42:11 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
New Terrain Rendering Algorithm Hi everyone. The picture above was created with a new terrain rendering algorithm I developed. The algorithm has constant (low) run-time, constant (low) memory requirements, is GPU friendly, and can handle arbitrarily large datasets. It attempts t... 
Posted June 11, 2006 2:08:59 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Screen Space Normals (SSN) + SSAO First of all, neat idea! Sometimes you can get a lot of geometric information from renderings of a scene at much lower cost than from the scene itself, and I like seeing new tricks. That said, I would think you could calculate the normals more ef... 
Posted December 18, 2008 10:35:04 PM
New Terrain Rendering Algorithm Well, as it turns out you're right, someone from the forum did point me in the direction of literature that was similar. The link to the thesis above describes the basic idea of the algorithm, which is to work in camera space with a static mesh, and... 
Posted June 14, 2006 4:46:51 PM
New Terrain Rendering Algorithm Hi everyone, Thanks for the interest. After speaking with one of my formed professors, I'm doing a literature review to make sure that this is in fact new. If so I'll be submitting a paper on it somewhere; I've been sitting on th... 
Posted June 11, 2006 9:05:07 PM
View All Replies Made By This User