Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know ehudros...  
Full Name  
Nickname ehudros 
State/Province, Country Tel Aviv   Israel
GD Gathering City Tel aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1063  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/13/2006 3:13:06 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Steering question - arrive at angle? Hi everyone, I'm trying to tackle a problem I thought would be straight forward but turn out to be quite a headache. I'm trying to simulate a car switching lanes, and want the motion to be as natural as possible. The player does not control the car'... 
Posted May 16, 2010 5:49:55 PM
How'd they do it? Hi everyone, I've been playing World of goo for the last couple of days and I'm pretty fascinated by the art style they've used. I especially like what seems like a simple effect that I don't know how to achieve - when you move the mouse curso... 
Posted October 17, 2008 1:37:16 PM
Locating a line of code by memory address (at run time) Hi everyone, I have a pretty straight forward question (I think...) I have a memory address I know is causing a program crash, and I would like the debugger to take me to that line of code during runtime. Is that possible? If so how? I am using C+... 
Posted January 6, 2008 5:26:40 PM
Objects sliding horizontally (no friction) Hi :) if anyone here is using the chipmunk 2d engine and can help, please read below... I have a basic "floor" shape and body as seen in the moon buggy tutorial which is totally horizontal and flat. Balls are bouncing from the top of the screen to... 
Posted October 12, 2007 9:52:10 PM
C++ Error C2440 (can't convert) when using a vector array Arrr... I'm struggling to get started using STL (yeah yeah, I know i should have done it a long time ago :) ) and it seems that my dynamic 2d array using vectors simply wont work. I have a matrix class as follows: #include <vector&... 
Posted October 12, 2007 9:22:12 PM
Loco roco / Gish kind dynamic shapes Hi everyone, I'm very interested in spring physics and collision detection, and I was wondering how I can achieve a loco roco (or Gish, if anyone knows that game) kind of dynamic shapes. Basically, the simulation is of a "goo" like form that bounces... 
Posted December 5, 2006 10:01:43 AM
New Geometry wars clone showcase - updated to 0.3 update: version 0.36 is out, allowing you to change difficulty settings and grid color. Hopefully this will help making the game more challenging... Xwars 0.36 mediafire.com seems to be working only half of the time, so here a link to the... 
Posted October 1, 2006 8:11:56 PM
Xwars 0.2 Xwars is a new Geometry wars influenced game. It's currently at version 0.2, with most grpahical and gameplay elements already implemented. Joystick support will be added soon, as will more enemies and some new ideas not available in the original G... 
Posted October 3, 2006 1:25:35 PM
Analog stick values not smoothly changed Hi everyone, I'm writing a game in c++ that's using directInput for gamepad support. I want the right analog stick to be used as a unit circle (simply an x & y vector between -1 and 1). I am using the DIPROPRANGE struct with SetProperty to se... 
Posted October 9, 2006 1:43:42 PM
Electron Like Movement? Hi everyone, here's my new brain twister... ;) I'm trying to achieve an elevtron like movement (i mean an electron orbiting a proton) - you know the shape i'm talking about, like the one shown here: Now obviously I can create 3 ellipses and m... 
Posted September 16, 2006 5:07:52 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Steering question - arrive at angle? It is too advanced I'm afraid. Thanks for the in depth reply and your assistance so far :) I'm actually making progress on my own and may provide a solution if I can make it work well. I'd still appreciate any help/advice from others though.  
Posted May 21, 2010 5:53:33 PM
Steering question - arrive at angle? i'm sorry, but I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the theory behind the car model I'm using. Here's the reference code I'm using: http://www.emanueleferonato.com/2009/04/06/two-ways-to-make-box2d-cars/ If you can point me to relevant reading materi... 
Posted May 17, 2010 7:02:26 AM
How'd they do it? I actually spoke to one of the developers. It's exactly as you suggested dmatter, scaled circles of different color. I can't believe it's so simple - I was sure it was a lot more complicated :) Thanks guys! 
Posted October 18, 2008 12:22:37 PM
How'd they do it? So I guess my question is can this be achieved with simple sprites, or do you need some sort of shader to stroke the outlines like they do? I may be blabbering completely here, so if someone can point me at the right direction at achieving something... 
Posted October 18, 2008 9:39:21 AM
How'd they do it? That's what I was thinking at first too, but notice how smooth the outlines are. i'm guessing if it was small circles one after the other, you would have seen roundness in the outlining? I'm playing around trying to achieve it, so far no luck :... 
Posted October 17, 2008 1:47:08 PM
C++ Error C2440 (can't convert) when using a vector array Never mind - I mixed up by ref parameters and pointers. all i need to do was change the decleration to a real by ref one and it worked :) 
Posted October 12, 2007 9:31:29 PM
Loco roco / Gish kind dynamic shapes JB - What algorithm did you use to calculate the outline? it doesn't sound easy ;) How can I calculate the new outline tangentially as fingers suggested? 
Posted December 7, 2006 5:06:39 PM
Loco roco / Gish kind dynamic shapes Yep, I think that'll do the trick... I still have a feeling itwon't look as good as I imagine it though. I'll give it a try soon and keep you posted - thanks for your suggestions! (BTW - if anyone else wants to take their shot at it and maybe su... 
Posted December 6, 2006 3:57:58 PM
Loco roco / Gish kind dynamic shapes I just realised it doesn't solve the collision detection problem - just the bouncy/gooey part of it. You still have to find a way to make the blob collide realisticly with other objects (without "floating" near them as JBourrie suggested)... collisio... 
Posted December 6, 2006 12:10:14 PM
Loco roco / Gish kind dynamic shapes Hmmm... that's a really cool idea. simple and elegant - I'm gonna try a bit see if I can get it right. BTW - how does metaballs work? is it really that simple? 
Posted December 6, 2006 2:24:24 AM
View All Replies Made By This User