Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Paclaw...  
Full Name Jean-Sebastien Abella
Nickname Paclaw 
State/Province, Country Quebec   Canada
GD Gathering City Longueuil, Quebec, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1047  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/6/2006 2:09:22 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Simple Arcade game in Pure Java Here have been working on this a little bit this summer and picked it up recently. Nothing serious and far from polished but the foundation are good.  
Posted December 9, 2006 10:07:03 PM
FPS and UPS calculation Hi, Ok I know how to calculate those value but I'm not sure of how to have a good value for those. This is a very philosophical question I guess. And I just need some insight from you guys! First some backgournd on how I do the stuff. Ba... 
Posted August 23, 2006 10:45:12 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Simple Arcade game in Pure Java Quote:Original post by MatrixCubed Looks great! What language/API are you using? Is there a demo? This is pure Java: this means I use the Java 2D api so that it is fully portable. I based my code on Andrew Davidson's book 'Killer Game Progr... 
Posted December 10, 2006 11:20:51 AM
How to "encrypt" a XML-file? you could zip the file. 
Posted October 12, 2006 10:31:51 AM
Searching a good Java-(2d)game-framework been there, it is hard to find... end up doing it my self. But you ask for scaling, rotating, etc for sprite... man that is called Graphics2D in java and it is part of the API. have fun. 
Posted October 10, 2006 4:56:15 PM
Thread problem: "java.util.ConcurrentModificationException" and with a ListIterator you can add... 
Posted October 4, 2006 8:45:08 PM
Thread problem: "java.util.ConcurrentModificationException" Basically you can not add/remove when you are iterating over a collection that is not synchronized such as the ArrayList.  
Posted October 2, 2006 4:36:25 PM
Hit detection Is y the top of the paddle? if so what is the height of the paddle? Knowing that you need to check that b is greater than the start of your paddle and that it is smaller than the end of your paddle small ascii art -- <--- y star... 
Posted October 2, 2006 4:24:37 PM
what do you have to do to get JAR to work? or winrar 
Posted September 13, 2006 11:55:34 AM
Size of JPanel?? Quote:Original post by CaptainJester A panel will not know its size until it has been displayed. If you know what size you want it to be, then you can override getPreferredSize() to return the size you want. Do you have to override? can't you sim... 
Posted September 12, 2006 5:45:57 PM
Size of JPanel?? Well by default the panel will be of size 0. And I don't see you specifying a size for you JFrame. So you either setSize on JFrame or setPreferredSize on JPanel.  
Posted September 12, 2006 1:12:15 PM
Fast color-switching You have a function to calculate the color based on x.  
Posted September 10, 2006 9:42:59 AM
View All Replies Made By This User