Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know DashR...  
Full Name Bruce Trigg
Nickname DashR 
State/Province, Country    New Zealand
GD Gathering City Auckland, , New Zealand
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1024  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/9/2005 5:52:36 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Terrain screenshots from my RPG Hello, Here are some terrain screenshots from a multiplayer RPG project that I’m working on. I have finally got around to updating the graphics and have just implementing HDR and atmospheric scattering. The sky uses an implementation of... 
Posted May 1, 2007 5:37:33 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Terrain screenshots from my RPG Quote: The terrain looks a little lacking in detail to me, but I love the sky and water! Beautiful over all... Yea, maybe I could add some foliage and clouds one day to make it more interesting. Quote:Original post by mntlinstituteflr ... 
Posted July 19, 2007 9:37:07 AM
Terrain screenshots from my RPG Quote:Original post by pixelperfect In that case I'm not entirely sure you're using your cycles wisely. If you've got a single height map floating point texture that you're sampling in the vertex shader, then what's the point? You may as well be us... 
Posted May 5, 2007 7:43:14 PM
Terrain screenshots from my RPG Quote:Original post by pixelperfect so you're using geometry clipmaps then? Well no, the only similarity is that i'm using regular grids. I dont store texture images for each level, and dont use blend regions to remove gaps. Edit: If I... 
Posted May 4, 2007 8:09:36 PM
.Net 2.0 Socket.Send cause Receive Exception Hello, If its not your code, perhaps its something in your IP stack? I have had similar problems caused by nvidia firewall when using UDP. 
Posted May 3, 2007 9:36:07 PM
Atmospheric Scattering halo Problem Looks mint :) 
Posted May 3, 2007 9:16:29 PM
Atmospheric Scattering halo Problem Quote:Original post by MattL I think the only difference between those equations and the equations i'm using is the partial sphere coefficients (or whatever you call em': (3.0 / (16.0 * pi)) & (1.0 / (4.0 * pi)) ) Right? Possibly, I'm not su... 
Posted May 3, 2007 1:45:27 AM
Atmospheric Scattering halo Problem Hello, Try calculating the inscattering using the formulas directly from the paper. float betaRay = (3.0 / (16.0 * pi)) * bRay * (1.0 + cost*cost); float betaMie = (1.0 / (4.0 * pi)) * bMie * ((pow(1.0 - g, 2.0)) / pow(1.0 + g*g - 2.0*g*... 
Posted May 2, 2007 11:10:36 PM
Terrain screenshots from my RPG Quote:Original post by Callidus What algorithm(s) do you employ for the terrain, e.g. geo mipmaps? I'm using nested regular grids (with the centres removed except for the first) and sample the heights in a vertex shader. Alternatively I input hei... 
Posted May 2, 2007 10:26:27 PM
Terrain screenshots from my RPG Thanks everyone for the positive comments :) Quote:Original post by d00fus Bruce don't think I don't see you posting in here ;) Looks good bro, coming along nicely! Haha cheers man 
Posted May 2, 2007 6:53:50 AM
View All Replies Made By This User