Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know yoursort...  
Full Name  
Nickname yoursort 
State/Province, Country Sachsen   Germany
GD Gathering City Leipzig, Sachsen, Germany
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/30/2005 11:46:43 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Projekt Vlkerschlachtdenkmal Hi Gamedev-Community, this post shows our finished project "Völkerschlachtdenkmal" (translation: battle of the nations memorial). It´s an interactive visualization of the Völkerschlachtdenkmal of Leipzig (a city in Germany). The user can walk arou... 
Posted December 1, 2006 11:32:36 AM
Quadtree delete-method Hello, I need your help. I´m developing a quadtree class for a small game engine. Currently my project targets normal Windows but in the future I will migrate the code to compile for Windows Mobile. So don´t wonder about using fixed-point math. The... 
Posted June 8, 2006 1:31:10 PM
OpenGL ES vs. Direct3DMobile Hi, for my bachelor thesis I want to develop a small 3D engine for the PocketPC (2003 and WM5). I think there are only 2 APIs for this: OpenGL ES and D3DM. I´ve been playing around with those two 3D APIs for a few days. I´ve tried some tutori... 
Posted January 12, 2006 12:15:27 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Projekt Vlkerschlachtdenkmal Thanks for your replies! @mrbastard: Come to the Games Convention next year and visit the memorial! ;) 
Posted December 7, 2006 5:46:48 PM
Quadtree delete-method Oh yes! Now it works! Thank you all for your replies! Problem solved. 
Posted June 10, 2006 5:15:18 AM
Quadtree delete-method Yes Demus that´s right. I´m accessing an object after it is deleted because the pointer that points on this (deleted) object points to 0xfeeefeee and not to NULL! In my code I try the following: // Creates a quadtree (depth=3) a = Build... 
Posted June 9, 2006 12:06:50 PM
Quadtree delete-method First, thank you. But the problem still exists: I´ve implented the destructor variant from Demus79. The child-pointers were correctly set to NULL in the destructor but after the "delete node;" command has finished the child pointers point to the ad... 
Posted June 9, 2006 9:55:23 AM
Quadtree delete-method Thank you for the fast answer! I allready thought off that deleting the this-pointer can´t be good. ;) I will try your suggestion as soon I´ve some time! Thx 
Posted June 8, 2006 1:45:45 PM
OpenGL ES vs. Direct3DMobile First thx for all your replies! @avigessa: There are no noticeable speed differences for the little example programms between c++ and c#. @don: A while ago I checked my D3DM driver and didn´t thought about the reference driver because I thoug... 
Posted February 1, 2006 4:36:58 PM
OpenGL ES vs. Direct3DMobile @ AVigesaa: Yes that´s right, I´m using c++ for GL|ES and c# for D3DM. I cannot imagine that writing managed code can causes a heavy performance reduction on a so simple example programm, but I should try the unmanaged d3dm samples to check o... 
Posted January 20, 2006 10:12:09 AM
OpenGL ES vs. Direct3DMobile I also think that my iPAQ has no hardware acceleration. And I have a 300MHz Samsung SC32442 processor, not an Intel XScale, so I cannot use the XScale optimized libraries. I use the normal "vincent" library from sourceforge.net. 
Posted January 13, 2006 5:39:48 AM
Problems programming pocketpc control for games I´ve got the same problem: I develop a little game for Pocket-PC (2003 SDK). On a 2003 device it runs fine, but on my new Mobile 5 (also iPAQ 1950) the game do not react on button pressing. But sometimes if I press the buttons often... 
Posted January 12, 2006 3:41:46 PM
View All Replies Made By This User