Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know phb5000...  
Full Name  
Nickname phb5000 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/19/2006 4:54:52 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Graphical User Interface For the past couple of weeks I been working hard on a full graphics user interface built on DirectX (managed). The goal for this project is to create a completely reusable and customizable GUI system for developers using managed code. It is... 
Posted April 30, 2006 7:45:03 PM
FPS / VSync Issue I'm using the FrameworkTimer supplied by the DirectX SDK samples to get the elapsed time between my frames. I have VSync turned on which should give me around 60 fps, however, I'm only able to achieve around 30 - 40 fps. What could be causi... 
Posted November 16, 2006 1:26:01 PM
PeekMessage Problem Im using the render loop recommened by Tom Miller which uses the PeekMessage PInvoke to check for pending messages. However, when I try running this code on a different machine I get a "encountered a problem and needs to close" error. When I loo... 
Posted November 10, 2006 8:15:47 AM
[MDX] Fonts and Text I'm currently working on a game engine that may require a lot of "text" to be rendered. What is the optimal way of doing this? Should I use the DirectX Font object for each string of text? Or should I utilize GDI? Or should I make my own F... 
Posted November 9, 2006 10:56:52 AM
Page Navigation? Im just trying to figure out what the best page navigation structure for a website is? I would like some suggestions for different techniques such as: includes, frames, all single pages, etc... Im using ASP (classic) and I want my navigation to be... 
Posted June 22, 2006 8:35:46 PM
Error Handling When errors are thrown during debugging in my application they are thrown in the Static void Main() @ Application.Run(...); The exception that is always thrown (regardless of what error occured) is the TargetInvocationException. How can I preve... 
Posted June 17, 2006 11:30:39 AM
WebRequest Exception Im trying to get the response of a web request by calling the GetResponse() method after creating (succesfully) the WebRequest. However, one day, all of a sudden, after it had been working earlier, I get a "ReceiveFailure" WebException. An... 
Posted June 14, 2006 2:27:09 PM
Thread Safe Socket, I have a class which is a simple socket wrapper. It does all the async work with the socket, receives data, etc... This class is then used by another class by hooking events that i declared in my wrapper. Now, if the class that uses the wrapper i... 
Posted June 13, 2006 11:19:12 AM
Simple Deployement? Ok, so, I have a DLL that I've created in .NET. I then use this component in another project (as a reference). When I debug my code in the actual app the debugger is able to retrieve the code of my component, and debug through that aswell. How do I s... 
Posted June 9, 2006 12:33:48 PM
TcpClient Exception I have a simple application with a network stream using the TcpClient class. My operations are setup and run using the Async methods (Being... / End...) Everything works fine until I want to close the connection, or re-connect. When I try to ca... 
Posted May 18, 2006 3:58:00 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
FPS / VSync Issue Thanks. It worked perfectly :P 
Posted November 16, 2006 2:26:38 PM
Page Navigation? Yes, I know, i hate working with ASP, but here is my situation My web host is *itching about updating to asp.net 2.0!!! Which is driving me crazy since I cant develop any asp.net 1.1 in web developer express. And I really dont feel like chaning we... 
Posted June 23, 2006 5:50:01 AM
Thread Safe Socket, I managed to get a completely thread safe socket wrapper by simply using the BackgroundWorker component supplied by the .net framework. 
Posted June 15, 2006 6:34:38 PM
WebRequest Exception Nop, it aint there, haha. Yes, I added the Web namespace, and I do see that objects from the namespace are indeed there. However, the HttpUtility isnt there. Even when I use the object browser to browse for the class I find it, but I cant find it wh... 
Posted June 15, 2006 7:33:08 AM
WebRequest Exception Thanks, Ill give it a try :) One more question though, HttpUtility seems to be a well known class supplied by the System.Web namespace. I cant seem to be able to find it :S 
Posted June 15, 2006 3:26:11 AM
WebRequest Exception WebRequest req; WebResponse res; req = WebRequest.Create("https://nexus.passport.com/rdr/pprdr.asp"); res = req.GetResponse(); (Throws WebException : ReceiveFailure) 
Posted June 14, 2006 5:52:42 PM
Checking for newline in C# I have some source code regarding packet parsing for msn messenger. And by the way, I'm starting up a msn messenger .net client project. Maybe you're interested: http://forums.fanatic.net.nz/index.php?showtopic=15682 (Project Post) http://foru... 
Posted June 14, 2006 7:07:43 AM
Thread Safe Socket, Could you please be a bit more specific maybe on how to actual implement an invoke method? What exactly does it do? How exactly do I get back to the main thread without using the invoke method supplied by a windows control? 
Posted June 14, 2006 6:03:09 AM
Thread Safe Socket, So there is no way of handling the multithreading only within my component (the socket wrapper)? I have to add the "usage" code to use the data generated by my component. And another question what if my application looks like this: THE WI... 
Posted June 13, 2006 3:29:54 PM
Simple Deployement? So, as long as the .pdb isnt included in the deployement debugging wont be available by the 3rd party user? 
Posted June 9, 2006 6:49:11 PM
View All Replies Made By This User