Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know CHollman82...  
Full Name Chris 
Nickname CHollman82 
State/Province, Country NY   United States
GD Gathering City Rochester, NY, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 611  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/18/2000 11:52:51 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Realistic rotation of a ball as it rolls on a surface So I have been going through the NeHe tutorials and I took one of them and started expanding on it to the point where I have a marble-like sphere resting on a surface and the arrow keys can be used to move it around on this surfac... 
Posted August 23, 2009 10:49:33 PM
Deleting an element of a vector from within itself... I had this working until I updated from Visual Studio 6 to 8. Now for some reason it doesn't work anymore and will crash the program as soon as it tries to do it. Basically, I have a vector of the type Object, which is an abstract base class used... 
Posted June 10, 2007 7:41:53 PM
DirectInput: Code that works in VC++ version 6 does not work in version 8 I have a super mario 3 clone I have been working on and in the process have upgraded from visual studio 6 to 2005 (version 8). The project will still build and run, but now keyboard input does not work at all, when it used to work fine. This is... 
Posted June 3, 2007 6:27:48 PM
Oblivion Screenshots (as requested) (56k need not apply) This game is amazing... as a tech demo. How it is as a game is yet to be seen, I have only played for a few hours so far. Widescreen...  
Posted March 23, 2006 7:10:34 PM
Critique my site... both of them First, here is the site I have been using: www.codeXtreme.co.nr And here is the site I started today, possibly to replace the other one: codeXtreme number 2 So, which one do you think is better and has more potential? 
Posted March 15, 2006 5:49:52 PM
Quadratis Screenshot from my first game, a Tetris clone called Quadratis. More info can be found HERE [Edited by - CHollman82 on March 8, 2006 9:00:42 AM] 
Posted March 10, 2006 4:44:39 PM
Quadratis 1.1 Released *WITH SCREENSHOTS* Everybody tell me what you think, I added a lot since the last time I posted this. I now consider this a final release (no longer a beta) but I still may add more later (2-player support... over LAN???). Please tell me if you find anything wrong w... 
Posted February 23, 2006 9:54:34 AM
There's gotta be a better way to do this... (OOP stuff) Okay, I JUST learned how to do this stuff so I probably have it all wrong. What I have is an abstract base class called Object. I setup 3 children of that class; Ball, Paddle, and Block (can you guess its an Arkanoid game... lol). Then, in my initial... 
Posted February 25, 2006 7:16:32 PM
LMFAO I am working on a breakout type game and while I was testing the collision detection with a simple grid of blocks the ball broke the blocks in such a way to make the remaining blocks look exactly like a camel, with two humps and everything, LO... 
Posted February 25, 2006 12:28:28 PM
Calling a classes member function from inside itself [SOLVED] In my collision detection function, if a collision is detected I want to back the object off one pixel at a time until it is no longer a collision. To do this I simply say "while(Collision())x--;" (where Collision() returns true if a collision i... 
Posted February 24, 2006 3:53:24 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Realistic rotation of a ball as it rolls on a surface Thanks guys, I have a feeling I have a lot of reading to do. It would seem I tried to skip past the hard part (understanding the concepts involved) and go straight to implementation in code, as I don't even know what a quaternion is or how one i... 
Posted August 23, 2009 11:29:12 PM
Deleting an element of a vector from within itself... If I leave the objectVector.erase() but take out the delete it closes and goes back to the IDE. If I take that out but leave in the delete it will hang and I will have to ctrl-alt-delete the IDE, not the application, the IDE (devenv.exe, VC++ 8)... ... 
Posted June 10, 2007 7:58:53 PM
DirectInput: Code that works in VC++ version 6 does not work in version 8 Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I was wrong, all the intialization functions return properly, but when I call GetDeviceState() it returns DIERR_INVALIDPARAM. The only parameters sent to it are sizeof(keys) and &keys (keys is a 256 elem... 
Posted June 7, 2007 10:25:42 PM
Animating Textures in DirectX 9 Quote:Original post by busytree I have another question Why is my background not square when vertices postion says it so? *** Source Snippet Removed *** Because your monitors aspect ratio is not 1:1. More than likely your aspect ratio is 4... 
Posted September 20, 2006 7:50:29 PM
Anomalies of speech It's pop. 
Posted April 10, 2006 4:46:13 PM
US considers use of nuclear weapons against Iran. Im just saying they are not trying to destroy entire cities and hundreds of thousands of civilians, they are trying to destroy a large military establishment in one shot, there is a big difference. 
Posted April 10, 2006 1:36:00 PM
US considers use of nuclear weapons against Iran. I think a lot of you are confusing tactical nukes like the article talks about with Hiroshima-style "kiss your ass goodbye" nukes. Bunker busters are meant to destroy underground establishments and, though they are nuclear based, the yield is or... 
Posted April 10, 2006 1:15:02 PM
I'm back -- and I finished development of my game! LOL... PENGUINS FTW! (im at school so I haven't played, will try it later though) 
Posted April 10, 2006 1:08:55 PM
Oblivion Quote:Original post by mattnewport It doesn't look quite as good as a top end PC but you don't have to tweak any settings to get decent framerates and the UI seems less awkward as it's really designed for console play. Given how long I've spent play... 
Posted April 1, 2006 1:12:10 AM
What type of reaction do you get when you say "I make video games"? Quote:Original post by Tradone Quote:Original post by CHollman82 Nobody ever even understands what I mean so I don't bring it up anymore. They're like "I meant what do you do for work" Since, you know, games are just for fun and not for work...... 
Posted March 29, 2006 11:54:41 AM
View All Replies Made By This User