Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know omicron1...  
Full Name Christopher McClatchey
Nickname omicron1 
State/Province, Country IL   United States
GD Gathering City Wheaton, IL, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1066  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/8/2006 11:28:52 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Dawn of Civilization After Lions of the Atlantic, this is one of my next projects. It is an RTS featuring a "building-based" economy (that is, the resources you get are based on the buildings in your cities, rather than on your gatherers) and a "city-build... 
Posted December 2, 2006 2:00:17 AM
Dawn of Civilization (engine iteration 3) This is the third time I've restarted my Dawn of Civilization project. Each time I've switched to a different graphics engine, restarting the gameplay development at the same time. The first time through (using Game Maker's native 3d engine), it look... 
Posted October 16, 2009 6:32:44 PM
Ant Ant is a short-term (Started Aug. 1st, finished by Aug. 24th) RTS project of mine. The project goal is to merge "casual" RTS gameplay similar to that of Tribal Trouble with several modern RTS concepts, and wrap it all in a unique setting and graphic... 
Posted August 8, 2008 7:29:14 PM
War: the next generation of Classic Empire This is a project I began recently (a couple weeks ago): to update the venerable Empire series (Classic Empire, Empire Deluxe, and the "new" versions by Killer Bee Software) for the current generation. It will include: * A new 3d rendering engine ... 
Posted January 14, 2008 4:10:25 PM
[4E6] DoC So, because it's pretty easy to make my major project meet the elemental guidelines, and because I needed some motivation to work harder on it, here's my current proposed entry. (Judges: If this 1.5-year-old project violates some timing guidelin... 
Posted October 23, 2007 4:01:07 PM
aNET aNET is one of my side projects; a roguelike game meant to be a "natural" experience. That is, every action the player things is possible, should be possible. Rather than having to use an axe to cut down a tree, an enterprising player may use a... 
Posted August 6, 2007 8:11:25 PM
Dawn of Civilization engine2 Since my last posting, Dawn of Civilization has changed graphics engines and undergone a lot of development. It now looks completely different from the last iteration. DoC is approximately 15% done. I have completed all of the first-Era buildin... 
Posted March 23, 2007 12:15:21 AM
Lions of the Atlantic - new demo! This topic is now the official repository for information concerning my 4e5 contest entry. I am working on a gameplay demo that should, when done, give the public a chance to experience the fundamentals of my concept's gameplay. It will inclu... 
Posted July 29, 2006 11:16:53 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Dawn of Civilization You had to pull up my very oldest topic on DoC just to complain about image quality? You'd be much happier looking at my newer topics (and engines) rather than the one made years prior. 
Posted April 26, 2010 8:52:06 PM
Dawn of Civilization (engine iteration 3) Wow. Ysaneya replied to my topic? I love your work, sir. ...anyway. 1. In most of the screenshots you can just see the framerate in the upper-left corner. The forest image is hitting 35 fps, but it has additional effects on. (including ref... 
Posted October 18, 2009 1:02:30 AM
Dawn of Civilization (engine iteration 3) No gameplay video. Just a few of the basics are there, but I do have a healthy design supported by two prior iterations. Gameplay is city building coupled with RTS on a grand scale. You start with a town center and some resources. You must co... 
Posted October 17, 2009 2:42:24 AM
Ant ->jmmolina: I've heard of and looked at the wiki pages of both of those titles rather extensively, (although never playing either, unfortunately) as well as a recent indie game called AntRush. Further influences were a MacGyver episode called Trum... 
Posted August 14, 2008 6:52:59 PM
Heresy War Pictures On the main page: ss32: "Defend River Tam," eh? Guess somebody's a Browncoat. Nice graphics. Let's hope for a space game par excellence, then. 
Posted May 21, 2008 11:51:03 PM
Infinity's procedural planetary engine I wonder how your reply will differ AFTER you play the ICP. It's jolly good fun, and rather famous in its own right - and it shows that IA is not just a graphics guy after all. 
Posted March 24, 2008 8:23:07 PM
[4E6] Unofficial Screenshot Thread Y'know, if they entered Sins of a Solar Empire in this contest, it would win. You have an entire race of Accountants... (Capitalist TEC) ...Crystals as one of the resources... ...Explosions (of course; it's a space combat game)... ...and a... 
Posted February 10, 2008 8:24:12 PM
[4E6] Unofficial Screenshot Thread Pony: (By the "small horse" definition of the word)  
Posted November 2, 2007 1:12:04 PM
[4E6] Unofficial Screenshot Thread Ah, but it is extremely easy to add three of those elements to your current design - just from a look at the screen. 
Posted October 8, 2007 9:37:18 AM
[4E6] Unofficial Screenshot Thread Ok, I think I might try this year again. Prepare to be wowed by two days' work... It'll be an adventure/exploration game - if any of you have heard of Seiklus, it'll be a bit similar to that. Except I plan an epic storyline involving dying is... 
Posted September 27, 2007 5:26:53 PM
View All Replies Made By This User