Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know wizardpc...  
Full Name  
Nickname wizardpc 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1039  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/21/2004 10:12:02 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Creating a Blend Map The simplified version of my question is: How can I create the blendmap texture, in code, so that I can pass that into my shader for multitexturing a terrain? Verbose version: I have a simple terrain (grid) with tiled textures. I have a s... 
Posted December 25, 2009 11:36:12 AM
Help with Moving objects My brother and I got into a debate on how to implement movement in a 4 player LAN game. I don't want to have an e-peen contest, but instead, I want to know if this is an appropriate approach. User hits movement key and packet is sent to se... 
Posted August 26, 2009 2:19:55 PM
Rotating Based on Direction Vector Lets say I have a Direction vector which is normalized (1,0,0). How would I create a Rotation matrix? I'm going to tell you what I think needs to be done, and then you can explain or yell at me. (my code only is only for y-axis,... 
Posted August 26, 2009 2:09:05 PM
help lost a core file to my game i was testing my game and bam, my computer shuts down. WHen i restarted it, one of my files turned into binary. I can no longer see one of my cpp files. im using visual studio c++ on a windows xp. does anyone know how to fix... 
Posted January 22, 2007 2:48:41 PM
help a noobie After programming several games, i want to learn winsock, so that i can make a simple multiplayer game. I don't want to make a MMORPG, actually, i want to make just a simple chatroom application. This will be like my "hello world" for multiplayer.Al... 
Posted September 28, 2006 1:33:14 PM
Normal mapping problem Joined: 23 Sep 2006 Posts: 1 PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:00 pm Post subject: Bump Mapping Reply with quote After about the last 4 hours of trying to understand bump maping im getting nothing but a black vertexbuffer. this is in dire... 
Posted September 23, 2006 8:34:06 PM
Assembly coded project Basicly for my final i have to code a game using only an assembably language and vga 8 colors. I just started today, but am very excited about the end project. I've been thinking of some games that i would like to make and wanted your opinions... 
Posted August 29, 2006 6:15:23 PM
(funny names) ok, our company has investors call in for updates. one of our investors's is named Seymore Sachs. He introduces himself that way when he calls. Its getting very hard for me to hold in the laughter. Does anyone else know any real life funn... 
Posted August 1, 2006 5:32:19 PM
Sombody set me up the bomb (regaurding dells batteries) i don't have a dell laptop. I purchased an alienware (piece of junk) a year ago. It has always heated up to an extream heat. It can heat an entire room in the winter, and it has left what looks like crop circles on my desk, from the 5 fans th... 
Posted August 15, 2006 1:31:24 PM
funniest reason someone got fired What is the funniest reason you or someone you know got fired? coworker of mine..... my friend/coworker was a waiter at a resturant. After a very rude couple gave him a hard time, he decieded for some revenge. When their food was ready he... 
Posted August 7, 2006 6:12:48 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Help with Moving objects [quote]Original post by Kylotan Quote:Original post by wizardpc Every second or so is often too infrequent. You get around the lack of smoothness by, well, smoothing it out. I wouldn't know where to start on how to correct movement and d... 
Posted August 27, 2009 12:09:02 PM
Help with Moving objects I have the server and client machines sending the physics states back and forth (isMoving, isTurning). The server handles it ok, but after a while I can get the server and client screens to be out of sync. Now, I'm not sending any position data, so... 
Posted August 27, 2009 2:56:49 AM
Help with Moving objects ok, A few more questions, thanks for the help. Also, this game is just pirate ships moving and attacking. It will not be a twitch game. If a User hits forward key, Do I send a packet to the server and wait for the response telling me to move my... 
Posted August 26, 2009 3:15:28 PM
Rotating Based on Direction Vector Quote:Original post by bzroom http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/viewreply.asp?ID=3509083 + rating for the help, Thanks. 
Posted August 26, 2009 2:48:50 PM
Human Stupidity i voted for bush 
Posted December 8, 2006 1:53:41 PM
end of the EARTH the world will end in 28 days, 6 hours, 42 min , and 12 seconds. At least frank told me it would 
Posted November 3, 2006 3:43:18 PM
help a noobie sorry about the above post, that was me I forgot i was at school right now, lol, so it didn't auto-log me into gamedev :) 
Posted September 28, 2006 3:20:05 PM
Normal mapping problem wow some usefull information, ++ for joo, i will test out the red texture experiment when i get home from work 
Posted September 25, 2006 5:01:14 PM
Normal mapping problem bump what am i doing wrong? 
Posted September 25, 2006 1:05:11 AM
This is truely a beginners question did you add the file to your project? if the file is located in some other folder did you set the include path? 
Posted September 18, 2006 5:22:54 PM
View All Replies Made By This User