Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Jettoz...  
Full Name  
Nickname Jettoz 
State/Province, Country Alberta   Canada
GD Gathering City Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1125  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/23/2006 5:24:36 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Pointers, when are they used? Hello everyone, I'm doing some reading on pointers and did a small test to see what a pointer can do so far. (I'm still new to learning Pointers) #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { // Vars int Number, *... 
Posted March 21, 2007 12:13:04 AM
Java Question. I've been doing general programming for a long time with over 4 years in Visual Basic but with C# and C++ I've had about 5 months experience. I'm looking to make a game sometime soon with C++, I know nothing is instant because C++ is complex and has... 
Posted March 13, 2007 5:22:25 PM
C++ Win32 Question. Hello everyone, I was messing around with C# today than went on to program a bit in C++ however I have only learned most of C++ just with Console but not Win32 API. I was wondering if Visual Studio 2005 can also use C++ like in C# with the... 
Posted March 15, 2007 10:05:03 PM
Stuck on moving forward. Hello everyone, I've been programming in C++ for a long time making Console apps such as Guess a number, Text RPG's with a ton of systems I made (Lv, Hp, Shop, Map, ect...) but I'm stuck on how to move forward in C++. My goal is to get into 2D P... 
Posted March 11, 2007 2:06:52 PM
Looking for Advice for programming. Hello everyone, I've been programming for a few years but took a very long break from programming in general. I've used Visual Basic for 4 years and C++/C# for a while after. I'm going to get back into programming but didn't know if I should go wit... 
Posted March 9, 2007 9:35:45 PM
New to DirectX C++ Hello, I've been programming in C++ for awhile now and I have made my own Text Rpg's with Battle Systems, Map Systems, Town Systems, ect... however I'm ready to move into DirectX for only makeing 2D Games. I know going from Console Programming t... 
Posted December 10, 2006 3:04:13 AM
C before C++? Hello everyone, I was wondering if it's a good idea in the long run to learn C then move onto C++. My programming experiences are 4+ years with Visual BASIC Classic, 6 months or so with C# (enough experience to make text rpgs with maps and batt... 
Posted December 5, 2006 3:47:44 PM
C++ While Loop Hello, I'm trying to figure out why this While loop runs. #include <iostream> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string> #include "Mage.h" #include "Warrior.h" // Globals // ----------------- int Health; int Defence;... 
Posted December 7, 2006 11:07:13 PM
C++ VS2005 Intellisense I'm having a bit of a problem here, so I have been using DEV C++. I own a copy of Visual Studio 2005 Pro which I used for C#, however I'm now using it for C++ but the intellisense doesn't appear to work. When using C# I can just type i and a list w... 
Posted December 5, 2006 10:12:00 PM
C# Grid System Help Hello fellow programmers, I have had a heck of a time doing Collision with object in XNA so I'm going to make a grid system for movement and checking for moveable and non-moveable spots. I have a map that is 640x480 with 32x32 Tiles and 20x15 Tile D... 
Posted December 4, 2006 11:50:55 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
A real newbie here People grow up, this isn't high school. I don't see how a simple question about looking for someone to program his idea turns into people being idiots. Earl53 the best thing you can do is attempt to learn some programming, I wouldn't go with Dark... 
Posted March 22, 2007 12:36:43 AM
New Game Idea - How to Implement? Quote:Original post by Foot Soldier Thinking of the game idea is the MOST FUN and EASIEST part of making a game. Why would anyone rob themselves of it by, "stealing" and idea? Why would anyone walk down the street and pick up a lost wallet then k... 
Posted March 21, 2007 4:46:21 PM
Pointers, when are they used? Wow thanks, now I understand the reason for Pointers! Right now because I'm still using Console for my text games pointers are not a big issue for memory until I get into Graphics. Thanks again everyone! 
Posted March 21, 2007 3:22:36 AM
Pointers, when are they used? Alright thanks everyone, I'll keep reading more about Pointers and check online for some examples of Pointers being used. Unless I'm wrong it wouldn't be that big of problem to make a Text RPG without using pointers just for learning for now.... 
Posted March 21, 2007 12:58:09 AM
New Game Idea - How to Implement? Disagree with me if you want but an idea for a game is a blueprint to that game design. Telling someone of a great RTS idea and going into details with units and what not is no different than giving blue prints to the public for the best new console... 
Posted March 20, 2007 1:23:41 AM
New Game Idea - How to Implement? Quote:Original post by intrest86 Quote:Original post by Jettoz Umm don't share you ideas because that's just stupid. Someone could use your idea and make a product. We say it all the time: The idea is worth almost nothing. Actually making the ga... 
Posted March 19, 2007 11:41:22 PM
Golf Game Just a small suggestion, make a simple 2D golf game to get the hang of some things and than make a 3D version after words. I'm not sure if you're new to programming/game programming but since your thread is in the beginner section I'm going to assum... 
Posted March 19, 2007 11:33:30 PM
which C# book should I buy? C++ isn't the same library as C# even though the sytnax is very much the same. Knowing C++ will let you catch on faster but you still need to learn C#'s library, ect... 
Posted March 18, 2007 6:08:58 PM
which C# book should I buy? Go with Learning C# 2005, I've read this book before and it's great for starting out. Stay away from Game Programming books until you have an understanding of the language because rushing into Game Programming without knowing General Programming wil... 
Posted March 18, 2007 2:45:41 PM
Newbie starting out on Pacman I can't be of much help but you need to do a collision of some sort. When PacMan touches the pill it vanishes and if a ghost touches PacMan he dies, ect... Collision is something I've been having a hard time for over 5 years and still run into pro... 
Posted March 18, 2007 4:27:42 AM
View All Replies Made By This User