Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know CloudNine...  
Full Name  
Nickname CloudNine 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1083  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/21/2002 12:20:00 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Taste in Music? Last.fm? Lo, Just listening to my personal radio on Last.fm (does anyone else have an account?), and I was wondering, what kind of music are you guys into? Rock, hip hop, dance? My taste is definitely in rock, from The Velvet Underground to Nirvana... 
Posted September 2, 2006 12:10:10 PM
Point distance from ellipse outline Hi, This is in a similar vein to my previous thread, involving GDI+ and ellipses (here). In short, I'd like to know a general formula for a 2 dimensional point's (shortest) distance from a ellipse's outline at any angle (if I've got the x,y, width... 
Posted August 24, 2006 12:50:50 PM
C#, GDI+ and Ellipses Hi, I'm currently working on a program for drawing graphs (i.e. the discrete kind - nodes and arcs), using C# and a custom control. Of course, with an arc, it can link to the same node it started it from, so it loops around. Therefore, an... 
Posted August 21, 2006 10:47:41 AM
Code as Poetry? Hi, This thread will probably qualify me for the geekiest thing I've done in a while ;), but do you think some code does resemble an art form, and if so, what's the prettiest bit of code you've (ever) written? Of course, the prettiness of code is... 
Posted July 29, 2006 9:05:43 AM
P = NP? Lo, Since there are some very knowledgable people on here (who have taken Computer Science), it would be interesting to see what views and opinions appear in this topic. The big question facing complexity theory is: "Does P = NP?" F... 
Posted April 9, 2006 10:43:40 AM
N-body problem, and Cauchy Sequences Lo, I know this has little relation to game development directly, but there are two things that are bothering me at the moment. First is, is the n-body problem, for n > 2, actually solvable in an equation? I've heard it's been proven to be i... 
Posted February 9, 2006 3:58:40 PM
GCC/Cygwin and long longs. A bug? Lo, I'm currently coding a sign extension function (and messing around with long long's a lot, since I'm working on a 32-bit platform). I believe my sign extension function works correctly - but GCC is really weird when it comes to printing t... 
Posted January 3, 2006 6:09:05 AM
'Find a band' website idea Lo, Just had quite a 'hawt' idea. I'm always looking for people to jam with - however, the people I know around my area seem to have a different taste in music to me (e.g. I like the Pixies, Husker Du and my friends are into Led Zeppelin etc.). I'... 
Posted January 2, 2006 11:28:54 AM
How do profilers work? Lo, How do code profilers like Intel's VTune profile the code? Do they instrument the code with timers etc. automatically, and if so, how? I know GNU gprof is a good free software profiler, is it a typical example of a profiler? I've always been... 
Posted April 7, 2005 8:10:02 AM
The two types of comedy Yo, Just been thinking about this, but I reckon comedy (i.e. a performance with humour) could be defined into 2 categories: Slapstick - A performance where a part in the story gets into embarrassing and uncomfortable situations which have laugh... 
Posted January 3, 2004 5:11:22 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
"Women Can't Fight" Quote:Original post by capn_midnight I don't want to live in a society in which women fight wars. I want to live in a society in which men protect women from the evil in the world. Wether that is mysogynistic or romantic, I really don't care. Tha... 
Posted November 6, 2006 11:38:55 AM
No sleep. Quote:Original post by programering I'm coding high quality. I've got the hang of it now. I know exactly how I shall do compared from the time I posted the "Programming Trouble" thread you know. My hard-time is over. I'm not so sleepy. For how... 
Posted October 21, 2006 9:40:14 AM
Meals Breakfast - two pieces of toast and a glass of water Lunch - ham and cheese roll, chocolate, crisps and typically apple or orange juice Dinner - largest meal of the day, changes a lot. After dinner - bowl of fruit, apples, pears and grapes 
Posted October 20, 2006 4:07:15 PM
2000th Post! Quote:Original post by medevilenemy Heh, I've got 420 posts counting this one, with 0.84ppd avg. Yep, I've got to work on that. I think the problem is that I go on streaks of posting like a maniac and then losing all interest for we... 
Posted October 11, 2006 3:35:06 PM
Going in the Army Quote:Original post by skittleo To everyone else, the United States Military will ALWAYS be around and doing the tough sh*t our country needs done so that civilians back home don't have to - so that civilians back home and live their normal lives wi... 
Posted October 1, 2006 10:50:53 AM
Going in the Army Quote:Original post by jfclavette Quote:Original post by T1Oracle Quote:Original post by BerwynIrish *ungrateful whining* How many in this thread have actually served? Not having done something doesn't preclude you from having an opinion ... 
Posted October 1, 2006 9:14:34 AM
Steve Irwin IS DEAD! Quote:Original post by fadilthrejk [ Images ] Could you be any more tasteless? RIP Steve Irwin. Anyone who raises awareness of wild animals is a good guy in my book. 
Posted September 4, 2006 12:44:25 PM
Jesus Camp! Quote:Original post by vrok137 Quote:Original post by Lolicon I hope you all realize that these people aren't real Christians, they're fakes. Using religious dogma to alienate people is one of the things Jesus strongly opposed. I wouldn't... 
Posted September 4, 2006 12:37:50 PM
calling functions whose names come from text files What you're trying to do is not really supported in C and C++ - and it's called reflection - and is supported better in languages such as C# and Java - whose runtimes do carry more runtime information. Another way - although not very extensible, w... 
Posted August 28, 2006 2:03:42 PM
Bad gas, or...? I'm intriguied by the way abstractimmersion has the time to make up a fake story and everything - but not enough time to get to the hospital to sort it out. 
Posted August 26, 2006 1:55:36 PM
View All Replies Made By This User