Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Naxos...  
Full Name  
Nickname Naxos 
State/Province, Country AL   United States
GD Gathering City Birmingham, AL, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1137  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/11/2005 5:33:15 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Tips for a new teacher Hey loungers, I'm going to be teaching a class for the first time next week, and I was wondering if you guys (and gals) might have some sage bits of wisdom to share with a first time teacher. It's an introductory programming class at my university... 
Posted August 12, 2009 3:07:38 AM
Possible to fail college, despite having diploma Yet another self-doubting post of mine... I apologize if you all have tired of them... and yet I continue. So, the question is, can someone 'fail' college even though they have received a diploma? What I mean, at least as it applies to me, is that... 
Posted May 9, 2008 8:53:20 PM
Pitch Identification Program I'm looking for a very, very simple program (at least I think it ought to be simple). However I'm having quite a difficult time locating what I want. I'm looking for a program that will do the following: Listen to the microphone for input. Repor... 
Posted January 22, 2008 4:11:29 AM
Bound UDP socket not blocking initial recvfrom calls [Solved] ========:EDIT SOLVED:========= Okay, for anyone else who gets this problem... The last parameter of recvfrom() is a pointer to the length of the sockaddr struct (2nd to last parameter). While I assumed that this would be filled by function (which... 
Posted January 17, 2008 2:43:17 AM
Hosting behind Dynamic IP I'm not sure if this is the right section, please move it if I have made a mistake. ---------------------------------------------------- So say I want to host my game's master server on my computer (at least for testing purposes). It is co... 
Posted January 15, 2008 12:30:16 PM
Lacking Skill in your Major So... let's say you're in college, and you're only 10 hours away from getting your diploma. For some time, it has slowly been revealed to you that you lack sufficient skill/motivation in your area of study. Sure, you make good grades, but that d... 
Posted November 14, 2007 1:25:09 PM
GameDev Pronunciation So my friend and I disagree on how to properly pronounce the name of this site. So I thought I'd ask you! I know it's a silly thing, but this is the lounge, after all! When I pronounce it, the 'ev' in 'Dev' sounds like the 'ev' in 'every'. ... 
Posted October 22, 2007 6:40:40 PM
Interesting behavior Recently I was attempting to use the invSqrt() fast function from ... I believe quake 3. I had used it before without any problem, but in the newest program I was writing, it didn't function properly, so I went back to using plain old sqrt(). Ear... 
Posted August 16, 2007 10:30:22 AM
Using engines or doing it yourself? Let me just preface this with: I have programming experience in general, just not so much that's game-related. As such, please don't say, "Go learn C++/C#/Python/<insert_fav_lang> first," because I've got that covered already ;) Okay, my hop... 
Posted June 8, 2007 12:39:58 AM
Doctors change the way they think about Death Thought this was an interesting article. What do you think? Link to article 
Posted May 1, 2007 6:59:42 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Anyone seen Inception yet? Edit: possible small spoiler Quote:It was also a little odd that in Cobb's dream that started on the plane, the flight attendant, out of nowhere, assisted the team in setting up for shared dreaming. How would they have convinced her to do thi... 
Posted July 22, 2010 12:15:07 AM
Mount & Blade: Warband, Organized Formation Battles Cool! Had no idea this sort of thing existed. I'll try to be there Sunday :) 
Posted June 8, 2010 2:21:28 AM
Idea for a new, "game"? Quote:I guess the answer I was looking for is this. "Hey Travis, this sounds really great. Please send us an NDA and we will start working on the project". Or, "I'm fairly new to this and it sounds like a great way to get my name out there, and... 
Posted June 4, 2010 8:10:13 PM
Idea for a new, "game"? Quote:So if I have a really cool idea how would I go about getting the game developed? It depends... do you want to just be "the idea guy", or do you want to actually contribute to the development effort? (your wording suggests the former to me) ... 
Posted June 4, 2010 4:04:03 PM
Believe it or not... Happy Birthday owl! Methinks you need to be rated down 10 points for your birthday ;) That'd be 1337 
Posted May 20, 2010 1:59:02 AM
Dual wielding penalties If I were a player, I'd probably want to be able to switch to single-wielding when I want to get extra accuracy. For example, if I'm duel wielding, I'd like to be able to zoom anyway, except I'd only be shooting out of my primary hand (depending... 
Posted February 8, 2010 3:01:52 PM
Starting Salaries for Big CS Companies Google salaries for < 1 year of experience You can probably use that site to find the others you were looking for too. 
Posted January 27, 2010 2:30:00 PM
Craziest/most far out book you ever read? Stranger in a Strange Land - I haven't read too many strange books, so maybe this ranks low on the strangeness scale? Enjoyed it nonetheless. 
Posted January 26, 2010 1:24:10 AM
UDK Questions Not to discourage you from posting here, as we have some pretty savvy folks hanging about, I just thought I'd point you to the official UDK forums, in case you were unfamiliar. I just think you might get quicker and possibly more knowledgeable ans... 
Posted January 19, 2010 8:12:40 PM
LOVE I've been looking forward to giving this a go, but is it available to people in the US? Also, when you say you send the vouchers through "mail" do you mean a physical piece of paper in an envelope, or do you mean an email? Thanks 
Posted January 13, 2010 12:57:07 AM
View All Replies Made By This User