Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Matt Lloyd...  
Full Name  
Nickname Matt Lloyd 
State/Province, Country Victoria   Australia
GD Gathering City Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1082  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/29/2006 3:15:56 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Sepulchre of the Serpent King - Isometric Dungeon Crawl Hello all, During the week just gone I put together an isometric (simple) roguelike where you explore a large dungeon, fight monsters, trigger traps, buy equipment, train your skills and try to defeat the Serpent King...an ancient being deep in th... 
Posted May 7, 2010 5:17:20 AM
Multiplayer Space Dogfight Game G'day, Here is a link to my game (website/download/youtube video) which allows multiple players (over LAN) to dogfight together against AI controlled ships (fighters and larger vessels) or against each other. Tested on WinXP, it may have p... 
Posted April 10, 2009 5:09:59 AM
Space combat Game - Star Blast Hello, Here is a simple game I put together over the last few weeks. Gameplay - pick a fighter/bomber to use and pick your friendly/enemy ships also taking part and click "play". Joystick and mouse or mouse and keyboard can be used to play th... 
Posted December 23, 2008 5:36:12 PM
Dungeons of Yore - turn based tactical dungeon bashing Hello All, I've been working on this game for the last 2-3 months (although I've had some of the graphic / sound assets for much longer) and thought I'd share it with you. Outline of gameplay: First select a dungeon, then select 1-6 cha... 
Posted August 15, 2008 5:01:14 AM
Untitled Hello all, long time since I last posted around here, I've been working on a game for the last few weeks and thought I'd show where I'm at with it. The game is a turn based game. It is NOT an RPG. It is more of a fantasy tactical game alth... 
Posted June 1, 2008 4:55:07 AM
Hi Res Version of Deeper Dungeons Some screenshots from my game "Deeper Dungeons" (hi res version screenshots shown above) which is available in low res format (all images half width/height) currently but when(if) I get some more webspace will be available for download as well. ... 
Posted April 9, 2007 6:51:31 PM
The question is not 'do video games inspire violence' but rather ... ...Why do we find violence in media (film/games/art) to be entertaining? Every so often a news item appears on the front page of this site concerning some study or other that shows that violent video games (or other media) do/don't encourage... 
Posted April 25, 2007 2:43:50 AM
Hi Res Version of Deeper Dungeons Available (WIP) Hello All, Thanks to the generous support of zerotri (from these forums) I have been able to upload my game "Deeper Dungeons" - the hi res version (90MB) so it is now available for download. The low res version is still available (26MB) so if you... 
Posted April 13, 2007 7:12:54 PM
Updated Deeper Dungeons Game Hello All, I'm still working on my 'deeper dungeons' game and have made some changes to the gameplay, modified the level geometry slightly. If you want to download it and try it out then you can do so here: Download Deeper Dungeons (2... 
Posted April 7, 2007 1:08:45 AM
Deeper Dungeons Hello All, Here is something I've put together recently. It is a very simple 1 player dungeon bash. Objective is to get as many points as you can before running out of health (it gradually ticks away like in Gauntlet as well as when enemies hi... 
Posted March 18, 2007 7:19:29 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Space combat Game - Star Blast Thanks for the interest, it is still very much a work in progress, something I do for fun in my spare time. Have been working on multiplayer and it mostly works, still some glitches and polishing to do. I'm flattered by the offer to have i... 
Posted December 29, 2008 12:10:16 AM
Dungeons of Yore - turn based tactical dungeon bashing Thanks for your feedback - I've thought a while ago about some of those issues you mentioned and decided against some of them, while some of them are actually already in the game. Scrolling arond the screen - would rather not allow. Mouse cli... 
Posted August 15, 2008 9:51:25 PM
Can you give an example of a top-down 2d game? Gauntlet (1 & 2) Alien Breed Alien Syndrome Heavy Barrel Into the Eagles Nest  
Posted February 23, 2008 1:42:05 AM
2D(isometric) or 3D Possible questions to consider to help with choosing one over the other: 1.Which can you create content for more easily? 2.Who is your target market and hardware? 3.Is the gameplay of your game going to be altered by being 2d rather than 3d... 
Posted December 23, 2007 4:06:03 AM
Industrial Sci-Fi Models Pack These are quite good, bought them earlier, although have had some difficulty importing them into XSI. Had to export them from milkshape as directx8 files as for some reason XSI (5.0) crashes when importing them as 3ds, and the UV information gets lo... 
Posted November 28, 2007 5:36:54 AM
is there a game where one's moral alignment determines the ultimate outcome/world? You may quite possibly get different people thinking the same action may be moral/amoral/immoral..which makes for a frustrating game if you find that the actions you've been performing, which you feel were quite 'moral' are judged in the end to be no... 
Posted November 26, 2007 5:48:14 AM
is there a game where one's moral alignment determines the ultimate outcome/world? never finishes it and gave away my copy earlier this year but Planescape:Torment seemed to have some good decisions to make, it wasn't just about what almost every other game & movie seems to go on about 'saving the world' 
Posted November 24, 2007 12:58:41 AM
Request If you only need 3 I may be able to help depending on what you are after. I've got plenty of Poser models that can be rendered as sprites if you want that 3d rendered look. If you are talking pixel art I can't help. As an example her... 
Posted November 20, 2007 5:41:18 AM
Your programming snack foods Plain carbonated water (soda water), pitted dates, seedless grapes. I've never really eaten those other snacks - potato chips, chocolate, sweets etc (or drunk stuff like cola, or other sugary soft drinks). Breakfast cereals - a bowl of cereal and... 
Posted November 20, 2007 5:34:53 AM
Zombie Apocalypse and all things zombies 20% chance of survival. I guess I better start to like eating brains. 
Posted November 16, 2007 9:59:49 AM
View All Replies Made By This User