Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know devronious...  
Full Name  
Nickname devronious 
State/Province, Country CA   United States
GD Gathering City san diego, CA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1000  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/23/2005 1:27:14 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
[SlimDX] Vector3.Unproject Please help. I need to unproject something from screen coordinates into world coordinates, but the Vector3.Unproject does not seem to operate properly. I just get NAN. But I did use the same data in the Project and it worked fine changing the othe... 
Posted May 20, 2010 9:50:12 AM
[SlimDX]What's wrong with my shader?  
Posted May 18, 2010 4:45:38 PM
zbuffer problems? I'm running slimdx and I have a shader that runs. And for some reason the zbuffer is not appearing to work. I have set zenable to true. Is there some inherint problem in slimdx that stops it from performing standard zbuffer testing? So do I need t... 
Posted May 14, 2010 12:03:16 PM
list of shader render states? Adding a renderstate to an fx file in the technique seems like there is no reference data on what the renderstate keywords are. For example, if I want to set ZEnable to true in the FX file, where is the guide spelling out all the different rend... 
Posted November 26, 2009 8:50:34 AM
[SlimDX] Set Render Target, VertexStream... (not repost) Is there something special in SlimDX as opposed to MDX? When I set a rendertarget, or begin an effect or draw with a vertex buffer I keep getting this error: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL: Invalid call (-2005530516) Is it my driver, video card or is my d... 
Posted September 1, 2009 4:57:40 PM
NO_PRESHADER flag [SlimDX] Where do I set the NO_PRESHADER flag? is it in the present params, render states, fx file? Thanks, Devin 
Posted September 1, 2009 1:51:21 PM
[SlimDX] Trouble with vertex buffers... Am I using the wrong constructor to create the vertex buffers? Reason I say is that I had trouble with rendertargets using new Texture() and when I switched to Surface.CreateRenderTarget now everything is fine. I create the vertex buffers: new... 
Posted August 29, 2009 5:41:43 PM
[SlimDX] Error setting rendertarget... [SlimDX] I get the following error setting the rendertarget after begin scene. I'm trying to set it to draw to, but for some strange reason get this error: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL: Invalid call (-2005530516) here's the line that sets where I get th... 
Posted August 29, 2009 1:54:38 PM
[SlimDX] Error drawing with vertex buffer... Sometimes when I create a vertex buffer and then try to draw with it I get errors... "D3DERR_INVALIDCALL: Invalid call (-2005530516)" And I haven't the slightest idea why, could it be some kinda device setting, like a renderstate that it doesn'... 
Posted August 27, 2009 1:22:28 PM
[SlimDX] Driver Internal Error? I'm using SlimDX and on resize I recreate the device and all the device resources but when I go to present I get the following error. I checked all my resources and nothing is disposed, any idea why? D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR: Driver intern... 
Posted June 15, 2009 11:48:19 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
zbuffer problems? I think I found the problem. Its in the shader. It calcs on a float4 which is causing trouble with the w coordinate in the vertex. Can anyone help me figure out how to work on only a float3 instead of a float4, I just get errors. ... 
Posted May 14, 2010 2:14:22 PM
zbuffer problems? Thanks, I'll check that now.  
Posted May 14, 2010 1:48:05 PM
list of shader render states? Figured out the blending problem, my surfaces didn't match, but is there a reference for these as they are named in the shader? 
Posted November 26, 2009 9:28:15 AM
[SlimDX] Set Render Target, VertexStream... (not repost) Promit, You're really kind, but the project is huge and I wouldn't want to put you thru digging thru all that code. I think it may be my video card anyways. 
Posted September 4, 2009 4:40:14 PM
exception when program closing Are you overclocked? If so back down the overclocking. Otherwise I get this also when my driver is bad. So it may be driver. Switching drivers in that case would be in order, can you say what graphics card and which driver your using? 
Posted September 4, 2009 4:35:33 PM
[SlimDX] Set Render Target, VertexStream... (not repost) Yes, I do and it gives me no more information than that, even with enable managed code debugging. Just that and its the same error in different places. 
Posted September 1, 2009 5:33:08 PM
NO_PRESHADER flag [SlimDX] Got it, thanks. 
Posted September 1, 2009 4:34:32 PM
[SlimDX, C#] React on mouse click Mind you this is for a Form but I would think the code is similar. So what is best is to override the OnMouseUp event method like this: [source lang = "c#"] protected override void OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) { b... 
Posted September 1, 2009 10:55:23 AM
[SlimDX, C#] React on mouse click The MouseUp event fires after the mouse button has been pressed and is released. You can check which button with the arguments passed to the event method. MouseArgs I think. it should work. -Devin 
Posted August 31, 2009 11:58:52 PM
[SlimDX] Trouble with vertex buffers... How do you get the debug runtimes going? 
Posted August 30, 2009 9:08:04 PM
View All Replies Made By This User