Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know firlionel...  
Full Name  
Nickname firlionel 
State/Province, Country    Switzerland
GD Gathering City Zurich, , Switzerland
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1033  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/2/2006 2:32:42 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
LibX - .x file library In my experience it's always difficult to decide which model-format to choose for a new project. For my most important project I tried my luck with at least 3 different formats (and I had some serious troubles with using .ASE for example...) before I... 
Posted March 16, 2008 7:58:11 PM
Sprite Rendering Hey, I'm currently trying to implement pixel-exact 2d sprite rendering. But now I'm stuck with a strange bug. I will just post first all the information that I think is needed to find the bug and then explain whats wrong (if it's not obvious). ... 
Posted March 18, 2007 9:04:30 AM
shaded Since shaders had been introduced in DirectX8 I was thinking on how to make development of them easier. High level shader languages are nice but i think the most fascinating possibility had been introduced by rtzen in the form of rtShader. Thei... 
Posted August 2, 2006 7:41:22 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Crytek's MassLighting early implementation Hi, Your screenshots look quite nice. ;-) Sorry to post a bit "off-topic". I tried to import the Sponza Atrium (in .obj format) and I failed. The model consists of lots of materials and there seems to be no material file. Which one of... 
Posted August 24, 2009 4:06:39 PM
CUDA real time ray tracing tutorial This might be of interest to you: http://developer.nvidia.com/object/optix-home.html Cheers, Chris 
Posted August 15, 2009 7:00:39 PM
Swimming pool demo I think the demo nicely demonstrates the interaction between the rigid body simulation and the water. You also render the environment quite nice, so that definitly improves the thing! On the other hand I also noticed that the metal table is just... 
Posted July 4, 2009 9:19:30 PM
D3D9: Generate mipmaps of offscreen rendering texture I'd try to generate the texture using the D3DUSAGE_AUTOGENMIPMAP-flag. see code below. it'd be my guess but I can't verify it right now. LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE9 CreateRenderbuffer( unsigned const & Width, unsigned const & Height, D3DFORMAT co... 
Posted October 3, 2008 10:48:46 AM
DirectX Models Quote:Original post by Buckeye Quote:X can store a simple mesh with basic texturing and key frame skeletal animation. Actually, x-files can store multiple meshes with multiple subsets, material information and texture/material assignments for eac... 
Posted April 10, 2008 9:20:24 AM
What to do with keyframe data in 3DS files? Well for anyone interested... I've written a library to parse and convert .x files into my custom model-object-hierarchy (WITHOUT using a single function of DirectX). I'm also planning to release the library on LGPL basis on sourceforge. Bu... 
Posted January 25, 2008 10:30:10 AM
Sprite Rendering Now that you mention it and I look again at my code I see that I've coded it by intuition (or mistake...) the right way around yesterday. I just tried with negative offsets which (logically) results in textures wrapping around so I think I would have... 
Posted March 20, 2007 1:18:01 PM
Sprite Rendering Well I tried to offset texture coordinates instead of positions which resulted in the same picture as when offsetting positions. I also noticed that in both configurations (when offseting positions and when offsetting texture coordinates) the ren... 
Posted March 19, 2007 5:09:24 PM
Sprite Rendering And with what amount would you offset texcoords? [Edited by - firlionel on March 18, 2007 12:03:43 PM] 
Posted March 18, 2007 1:03:41 PM
Sprite Rendering Well this article is actualy the source of my '-0.5f' modifiers to calculate the vertices. 
Posted March 18, 2007 12:01:52 PM
View All Replies Made By This User