Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Brandon N...  
Full Name  
Nickname Brandon N 
State/Province, Country MA   United States
GD Gathering City Boston, MA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1169  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 12/29/2004 5:34:15 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Another Programmer Looking for Projects Brief description: Having recently completed my undergraduate Computer Science education and started work, I am in search of an interesting part-time project to be a part of. Target aim: I am not particularly tied to any particular type of ventu... 
Posted August 27, 2006 9:41:55 AM
UDP packet length guaranteed? I've used TCP almost exclusively for any network programming I've done, and for the few UDP projects I've worked on, I've never encountered problems with assuming the subject line to be true. But, is it? I know that the actual packet can be in a... 
Posted June 3, 2005 4:13:50 PM
Lowcost easy web sales solution I have a handful of friends that are interested in selling a collection of items online. They want me to aid them (web dev-wise) but I simply don't have the time to learn and implement such a thing. I'm willing to do a small amount of PHP wor... 
Posted March 16, 2005 6:55:16 PM
Apache & mod_python in Windows Has anyone had any luck with this? I'm getting the error that seems awfully common (The module mod_python.so can't be found) despite attempting the fixes listed in various postings. Is there a particular combination of Apache/mod_python versions that... 
Posted February 28, 2005 7:28:49 PM
Interesting in Starting a Python MRPG? I'm not sure how to format this so... I'm interested in developing a small-scale Multiplayer RPG, ideally with the aid of at least one other person. To be a bit more specific, I'm interested in developing it entirely in Python with pyOpenG... 
Posted February 10, 2005 8:12:40 PM
Surface construction/repair I was wondering if anyone could point me out some online/published articles/books on the subjects of surface reconstruction given a point cloud, as well as detecting and, more importantly, correcting holes in the point cloud or generated su... 
Posted February 9, 2005 2:07:20 PM
Working with the Alpha channel in Gimp I've begun to need an Alpha channel for certain images I'm working with and had a few questions as I'm not entirely familiar with Gimp. First off, I'm working with .png's, and I add the Alpha channel via: <Image>->Image->Alpha->Add... 
Posted February 6, 2005 4:35:46 PM
Official Release of Space Man Stewie Find it at the GDS. The pertinent information is found there and, given any interest, I'll make it a point to upload the source. I realize that it's hardly very flashy but I'd be very interested in hearing about any problems, ideas and so forth... 
Posted December 29, 2004 7:26:16 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Reading Lisp I think it is something that largely comes with exposure. It was for me. Obviously, using an editor that highlights matching parentheses is a necessity. 
Posted September 5, 2006 8:35:37 PM
Server OS- Unix or Windows? Which Ports? I develop most all of my personal software to work in OS X, Linux and Windows. Developing in Windows with Visual Studio 7+ is great, I do it for my cross-platform projects. You may want to check out developing with Cygwin as it essentially gives y... 
Posted August 29, 2006 8:43:44 AM
Fooling Around With Python WolfHp = 50 WolfStr = 10 def battle( ): global WolfHp, Hp Move = 6 victory = 0 print "You are in the Arena fightning a wolf" while Move != 2: print "[1] = Attack" print "[2] = Flee" Move = input("Choose your move") if Move =... 
Posted August 27, 2006 4:40:20 PM
Python vs. C++ I certainly find Python more easy and organized than C++... 
Posted August 27, 2006 4:15:36 PM
Python Python home page. Wikipedia entry. I would search for basic tutorials. You'll find yourself doing things much more quickly than in C/C++/Java. 
Posted August 27, 2006 4:12:55 PM
Networking RTS Quote:Original post by Servant of the Lord Quote:For a real-time strategy game, bandwidth compression becomes paramount, because there is often a large number of units moving around. A good article is on GamaSutra.com. I believe that's the ... 
Posted August 27, 2006 3:23:09 PM
the lost code .. rint() lroundf 
Posted August 27, 2006 10:06:50 AM
Looking for Hobby Programer Quote:Original post by Motz Trenidor, just to inform you, if you go for DirectX, then you give up the possibility of Unix (I assume that you mean Linux,BSD, et al) compatibility. While I can't commit to the project myself, it looks like a very promi... 
Posted August 18, 2005 12:59:21 AM
choosing an elective (major) Quote:Original post by MaulingMonkey COBOL ... Cons: It was made in 1959. 'Nuff said. Lisp came about before that, so I'd say that that's not enough said. 
Posted July 7, 2005 8:35:54 AM
4E4 Artistic talent wanted I think you mean: My 4E4 entry log http://razor.byethost.com/ 
Posted July 2, 2005 10:11:00 AM
View All Replies Made By This User