Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know SpreeTree...  
Full Name  
Nickname SpreeTree 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1197  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/9/2003 7:59:18 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
A Guide To Starting With OpenAL
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Space: Absolute War These are a few images from my turn based strategy game Space: Absolute War. This Image of the Day is to compliment the Help Wanted post for 2D pixel Artists. The game is based on the map sections of the Total War series (pre-Rome), with m... 
Posted November 12, 2005 2:47:28 PM
Development Task Lists Hello I'm currently looking for a good task list tracking system, which will allow me to quickly jot down tasks I am doing or will do (or will never do but like to), and allow me to prioritise these easily and quickly. I used to use the to-do l... 
Posted April 10, 2007 12:09:07 PM
Procedural Texture Generation Hi I'm looking for some good resources regarding procedural generation of textures to map on natural object (for example grass, rock or sand etc.). I'm currently using Perlin noise too generate my landscape but I don't think that will cut it... 
Posted March 17, 2007 3:12:52 PM
PC-Lint Application Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has any specific recommendations for a C++ Lint program. It needs to be run off the command line, if possible have .net integration (I know that ones pushing it), and ideally be free or at least have a 30-60 day t... 
Posted January 9, 2007 12:49:40 PM
Documenting Classes With The Same Name In Doxygen Hello I have two classes with the same name, but they are in different name spaces. I want to document them both with Doxygen, as they are based on different template parameters and behave differently. Doxygen complains that it has found... 
Posted December 14, 2006 12:22:47 PM
Passing Parameters to Cmd in Start-Run Hi, it's been quite a while since I posted on GameDev! :) I am trying to set up a scheduled task in Windows, that opens the command line and carries out a few simple commands. The first thing I want it to do is go to a specific directory,... 
Posted September 3, 2006 11:46:38 AM
Ignoring Projects in Visual Studio Solutions Hi I'm currently working on a project which comes with multiple Visual Studio projects in one solution. A lot of the time, I am only working on one project, which doesn't effect any of the others, but then I may need to q... 
Posted April 30, 2006 11:24:24 AM
SDL and External API's I am in the process of looking for a cross platform way of window management, and I am currently looking at SDL. I will be using multiple API's within the system (both DirectX and OpenGL dependant on the system and the user), and I am conce... 
Posted April 23, 2006 12:21:31 PM
Naquiba Online I wouldn't normally post on Your Announcements like this, but my girlfriend is the manager of the site, so I'm trying to spread the word as much as possible. Naquiba is an alternative fashion store in Stratford-upon-Avon, England, and has rec... 
Posted April 14, 2006 7:18:55 AM
Passing an Arbitrary Number of Parameters in a Macro I am not sure if this is even possible, but I’m going to ask anyway, as there might be a trick or two I can use. I have a function which works like sprintf, and accepts a variable number of parameters, but the object that calls this function is no... 
Posted April 11, 2006 6:39:37 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Resume/Portfolio critique I won't comment much on your resume as people have covered enough already, but I will mention that it looks clear, easy to read and conveys the right kind of information. Regarding the portfolio. You've obviously spent quite some time ... 
Posted January 19, 2010 3:12:48 AM
Internship, need tips for resume It's very difficult to give pointers on why your CV may not be getting you the internships you want without actually seeing it. For all we know, your CV looks pretty much (and reads pretty much) as you've described (even though I know you said... 
Posted January 14, 2010 2:16:21 AM
Am I headed in the right direction Sounds like it. Keep playing around with what you find interesting, keep trying out new things, concentrate on C++ for portfolio content (assuming you want to get into console and PC development that is) and give The Elusive Demo Portfolio... 
Posted January 8, 2010 6:59:49 AM
Portfolio Feedback I'm not going to get into a debate on this as they usually go nowhere. Nor am I going to get into the "who's interviewed more people" argument. But I will follow up with some points. We work within a creative industry. As with every other... 
Posted January 7, 2010 2:42:25 AM
Portfolio Feedback Quote:Original post by frob ... I'm sorry, but what?!? There is some seriously bad advice in that post and I hate doing this on forums as it always turns into an inevitable flame war but some things simply need to be corrected. Quote... 
Posted January 4, 2010 3:35:07 PM
Portfolio Feedback Before having a look at your portfolio, could you give a bit more information about the jobs you'll be applying for? What sector are they in? You mention it's a 2D only position so are you thinking of 2D games only or have you seen specif... 
Posted January 3, 2010 6:38:16 AM
Portfolio Questions? Quote:Original post by Tom Sloper BTW, school projects don't always belong in a portfolio. It's not how many things are in the portfolio that impress us -- it's the quality. This very much depends on what the scope of the project is. If cou... 
Posted January 2, 2010 12:29:15 PM
Portfolio Questions? Creating a portfolio can be difficult and can take a long time to get right so it's good that you are thinking about it now. But I wouldn't get too hung up on making everything perfect yet, not when you still have another (at least) two and a h... 
Posted January 2, 2010 10:26:42 AM
Looking for some guidance... Hi wjsliman First of all, it's great to see that you are going to finish the degree that you started. This is already a big plus as finishing what you started it seen as a Good Thing by every (sensible) employer out there. But while it's not u... 
Posted December 30, 2009 4:02:51 AM
Game development career advice It's a terrible shame that people are going on game degree courses and only realising after they are in debt of have wasted a couple of years that on something that isn't going to give them what they need or expected. Not all games... 
Posted July 6, 2009 4:42:49 PM
View All Replies Made By This User