Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Ra...  
Full Name  
Nickname Ra 
State/Province, Country NY, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1639  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/9/2002 11:06:10 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
AdBrick 1.0 Pre-Release (Build 34) It looks like I managed to pull together the latest (pre-)release of AdBrick tonight, so here it is: Click It's far from perfect, and not complete, but it's in a fairly usable state and much more stable/efficient than the previous version. Feed... 
Posted September 1, 2008 4:44:46 AM
Undefined behavior or compiler bug? I'm compiling the following code in release on MSVC 2008 (express) with full optimization enabled, optimize for speed, omit frame pointers, ...the optimizations don't seem to matter, it does it with just about any optimization turned on. ... 
Posted December 6, 2007 11:29:28 PM
MSVC 2005 expression template optimization So I'm toying around with expression templates a bit and while I'm setting them up I've come across this problem. MSVC doesn't want to do any compile-time folding on them at all. As you can see at the bottom of this code (in the assembly listing... 
Posted November 18, 2007 4:25:15 AM
C++ template optimization weirdness Okay, so I've been messing around with this matrix class for a while. I've been thinking it'd be pretty cool to support things like views (basically sub-matrices that point to the data in an existing matrix), and have all this run with the same overh... 
Posted November 13, 2007 12:12:04 AM
MSVC 2005 matrix transpose optimizations (resolved) I'm trying to get MSVC to transpose my matrices at compile-time if possible, but it seems every solution I've come up with doesn't get optimized properly. The code to copy the contents of the first matrix (m) onto the transposed matrix (t) is ge... 
Posted November 7, 2007 2:25:04 PM
AdBrick 1.0 Pre-Release (Build 2380) - Adblock for IE7 Link As some of you might know, I've been working on this thing for a while. It brings most of the capabilities of Adblock (at least the important ones) to Internet Explorer. This version works on Vista, even in protected mode. I... 
Posted September 29, 2007 3:56:16 PM
NativeWindow weirdness Earlier today I was fighting with .NET once again, wondering why creating an OpenFileDialog whose parent was from another process wasn't actually working as expected. After checking out the situation in WinSpy++, it turns out that instead of... 
Posted September 8, 2007 9:58:24 PM
unsafe non-local pointer behavior Yes, I know storing unsafe pointer fields is not recommended. I've already switched this code over to using IntPtr and unsafe code where necessary. Earlier today I came across this: static class FooBar { [StructLayout(LayoutKind.Sequent... 
Posted August 23, 2007 3:20:10 AM
Organizing Platform Invokes How do you guys usually organize your platform invokes? My current project uses a large number of them, and right now I'm halfway between sticking them in files/classes (C#) named after the header they appear in and sticking them in files/classes nam... 
Posted August 17, 2007 2:13:19 PM
Design question (loading/saving an object from file supporting multiple formats) (C#, but this is mostly general) In my application I need to load or save an object (MyObject) from/to file. This file can be in any number of formats. The code for the reading/writing should be pretty well encapsulated and easily swappable. Af... 
Posted July 18, 2007 8:24:51 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
.h vs .hpp I use .cxx and .hxx because it makes me feel cool. I also use .inl for headers that contain function definitions which I was too lazy to stick in a source file. 
Posted February 24, 2009 4:57:00 PM
OH TEH NOS! no moar foot pix ploxx. :( 
Posted January 18, 2009 8:10:05 PM
How to tell a girl you dont know she likes you? Hi. 
Posted September 12, 2008 3:27:52 PM
Crazy E-mail .. what to do Just ignore it. I'm sure you have better things to do. And if you don't, well... find some. 
Posted August 14, 2008 4:47:53 PM
Where is a good place to meet people? Quote:American History X Bob Sweeney: There was a moment... when I used to blame everything and everyone... for all the pain and suffering and vile things that happened to me, that I saw happen to my people. Used to blame everybody. Blamed white peo... 
Posted August 14, 2008 4:24:58 PM
trouble with CreateProcess Quote:Original post by Evil Steve Quote:Original post by MJP Quote:Original post by Evil Steve try..catch blocks only catch C++ exceptions, not exceptions thrown by the OS/CPU (I'm not sure which is responsible for it). To catch those sort of... 
Posted August 7, 2008 2:45:10 PM
The poll.... Pancake. 
Posted August 7, 2008 1:05:09 AM
Help For beginner Programmer Picking a Language at GDWiki may be of interest. 
Posted August 7, 2008 12:20:41 AM
Catching ListView Button Notification Quote:Original post by Kincaid Could you be more precise? I am currently not receiving the WM_COMMAND in the window proc. (cause the lv is the parent, and not the window. So the lv receives the WM_COMMAND, but it then gets stuck, while it should... 
Posted August 6, 2008 2:40:34 AM
Catching ListView Button Notification Buttons send a WM_COMMAND message with BN_CLICKED to their parent window when they are clicked. You'll need to subclass the ListView (the buttons' parent window) in order to handle these. [Edited by - Ra on August 6, 2008 1:15:57 AM] 
Posted August 6, 2008 12:15:35 AM
View All Replies Made By This User