Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know etsuja...  
Full Name  
Nickname etsuja 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 812  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/14/2006 4:55:11 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
The four horsemen have come? I've been thinking about how the real famous celebrity deaths over the past week, and have been thinking they may have been the four horsemen of the apocalypse. As most of us know, not everything in the Bible can be taken in a literal context. Her... 
Posted June 29, 2009 10:34:33 PM
Vertex clipping? So, if I have a uniform grid of vertices in a 3D space being rendered as 1 pixel points, when I zoom out beyond a certain point some of the points won't show up on screen, and the grid will seem smaller. Would it be better for me to make some so... 
Posted May 29, 2009 10:27:16 AM
Figuring out near clipping plane based on screen resolution I'm rendering a uniform grid of points and want them to render more when the screen is changed to a higher resolution. The problem I'm having is figuring out where the near clipping plane should be to render the points without gaps in between them at... 
Posted May 28, 2009 11:58:02 PM
Accessing game content quickly with XNA? I havn't done very much with XNA but from what I've read, the only way I can read custom data at runtime and work with the 360 is to do this: "Solution: wrap your XML data in <XnaContent> and <Asset> tags. Add the XML file to C# E... 
Posted May 27, 2009 11:14:08 PM
Getting games done. Didn't really know where to post this, thought it made the most sense here. I'm having some troubles deciding what I really want to do as far as game development goes. I have yet to complete any games other than real basic text games. Although I h... 
Posted May 20, 2009 11:17:24 PM
How do you like to get your loot? I'm just curious how many people actually clicking or something or running over loot as opposed to just automatically getting loot when you kill something. I think I like clicking to loot more. Actually, it depends on what percentage of loot... 
Posted May 20, 2009 5:22:38 PM
efficiently animating high rez voxel characters I've become interested in voxels lately and have been trying to come up with a way to efficiently animate high rez voxel characters. What I'm thinking of at the moment would be to use low rez six sided sprites with groups of the high rez voxels assoc... 
Posted May 21, 2009 10:52:02 PM
Small scale multiplayer persistent characters I'm just at the idea stage of a game right now but I was wondering, what would it take to make a small scale multiplayer game where a player would keep a character they make and be able to play that character on multiple servers. I guess it w... 
Posted May 19, 2009 11:37:37 PM
Weapon balancing I'm working on designing a combat system for a MMO. I want to have an equal amount of advantages and disadvantages per weapon type. Right now I have it so that larger weapons swing slower but also do more damage per hit. As it is, Larger weapons... 
Posted March 1, 2009 7:31:05 PM
Moving NPC's/Mobs with client side terrain collision I'm working on an MMO, as many are, but I was wondering how could I move an NPC without the client being able to interrupt them when I'm doing terrain collision client-side. I'm thinking I would need to get the position updates from the clien... 
Posted March 7, 2009 7:02:47 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
The four horsemen have come? Quote:Original post by Codeka Quote:Original post by etsuja By your reasoning, everyone in the world should know of the horsemen well? I actually don't see anywhere in the Bible that states ANYONE, will know, including me, which is why I have said... 
Posted July 2, 2009 12:03:47 PM
The four horsemen have come? Quote:Original post by Codeka Quote:Original post by etsuja I don't know why God would pick four American pop-icons, but I really doubt whoever he chooses is going to be clear as day obvious. Don't ask me why he would do what he does because I don'... 
Posted July 2, 2009 1:01:13 AM
The four horsemen have come? Quote:Original post by LockePick C'mon etsuja, if you've got beliefs on this issue can't you at least answer the serious questions? Quote:Let's assume you are correct and these pop-icons are in fact the four horsemen. What would be your opinio... 
Posted July 1, 2009 11:20:07 PM
The four horsemen have come? Quote:Original post by Mr Explody Quote:I didn't read your whole troll but, I did read the first and last lines. You must have some great knowledge that no one else on earth has to be so certain that you couldn't be possibly be obliterated... 
Posted July 1, 2009 8:30:30 PM
The four horsemen have come? Quote:Original post by CodeDemon http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=94503&sll=37.534992,-122.305082&sspn=0.098282,0.154324&g=94403&ie=UTF8&ll=38.200266,-122.229874&spn=0.012175,0.01929&t=h&z=16 You better be. So, tell... 
Posted July 1, 2009 8:26:45 PM
The four horsemen have come? Quote:Original post by slayemin Quote:I've been thinking about how the real famous celebrity deaths over the past week, and have been thinking they may have been the four horsemen of the apocalypse. As most of us know, not everything in the Bible ca... 
Posted July 1, 2009 8:06:10 PM
The four horsemen have come? Quote:Original post by CodeDemon The four horsemen are coming for you... Patrick. Should I be afraid that you can use google?  
Posted June 30, 2009 7:06:30 PM
The four horsemen have come? Quote:Original post by Promit Quote:Original post by etsuja I wasn't aware that it was ok for mods here to ridicule the sites users. I'll be contacting staff.I simply said that crazy religious nutjobs would be very happy to discuss your idea. If yo... 
Posted June 30, 2009 6:50:58 PM
The four horsemen have come? Quote:Original post by Promit Quote:Original post by etsuja I'm not here to try and "win" something. You're right though, I probably should have said in the OP that I was looking for responses from people who beleive in the Bible.If you did that, I... 
Posted June 30, 2009 6:40:27 PM
The four horsemen have come? Quote:Original post by LessBread I am an atheist, so you had better shut your eyes to the words I write because they just might invade your mind and consume your soul!!! MUhahahahahahahaha I'm frightened. Really. 
Posted June 30, 2009 5:49:22 PM
View All Replies Made By This User