Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know AdamGL...  
Full Name Adam L
Nickname AdamGL 
State/Province, Country Ontario   Canada
GD Gathering City Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1020  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/19/2005 11:00:50 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Z-Interpolation I don't know what's wrong with me. My mind doesn't seem to want to work. I am making a mini software renderer and I have successfully implemented a triangle rasterizer. Now I need to find the depth values of each pixel in the triangle so I can implem... 
Posted June 9, 2008 9:55:04 PM
Sample Problems Hello everyone, I have been programming in C++ for a few years and I have learned all of the basics of the language and some algorithms. I would like to further my ability to be able to solve problems by purchasing a book on theories and algo... 
Posted March 21, 2008 5:20:48 PM
Building source via Makefile Hello everyone! I am pretty new to the whole Open Source scene, and I decided that I would give some of the SDKs on sourceforge.net a try. Instead of going for the binary downloads, I decided to try and compile the source code for the project... 
Posted February 20, 2008 10:46:28 PM
File I/O signed integer question Hello, all. Just a quick question. I want to read in some data from a file in binary mode. For consistency reasons, I want to read 2 bytes of data and assign them to a signed integer variable. So I do something like this: ifstream file ("file.bin"... 
Posted November 27, 2007 8:46:41 PM
Multiple Textures on one Tri Strip Hello All, Recently I read an article stating that glBindTexture() can be expensive, so I moved all of my small textures into a large one and I use texture coordinates to draw specific textures. The problem I faced was how to draw these textu... 
Posted September 10, 2007 11:03:46 PM
Byte ordering I went on to NeHe's site (OpenGL oriented) but I have an issue with the texture loading code, not the OpenGL specific stuff. So basically, they're reading in the file, byte by byte. Then, when they come up to the image width and height, which ar... 
Posted September 5, 2007 11:17:50 PM
New to the Perspective part of OpenGL Hello fellow coders, I have used OpenGL in the past for simple projects that required only 2D graphics, and so I used the orthographic projection and never worried about 3D. Now the time has come to move on, and I am deeply puzzled. F... 
Posted August 21, 2007 9:51:03 PM
Dynamic Vs. Static Hello all, I am slightly unsure of which direction to take. I have a large array which will contain data pulled from a file. Like always, I proceeded to declare this array: Quote: int array[1000]; Then I remembered some code that I saw in a... 
Posted August 17, 2007 9:15:49 PM
Keyboard Input Jam This thread most likely applies to many different Platforms and programming languages, but I am looking for a Java specific solution. I am looking at making a 2 player game in the conventional way (i.e: not over the net, but rather both players us... 
Posted June 17, 2007 7:30:43 PM
MySQL query order Hello all! I am having a slight problem. I want to check how often a certain id number was recorded in one table. Then, using COUNT(), I find the frequency of each number, and order them by frequency, descending. SELECT `question_id` FROM ( ... 
Posted May 26, 2007 2:53:04 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Is it possible to create Vertex Buffers in DX9 that are not "lockable" [kb940105] From that quote you just offered, it seems like Microsoft fixed this issue in Direct3D APIs higher than Direct3D 9. So it looks like you are out of luck as far as DX9 goes. 
Posted March 15, 2010 12:46:09 PM
Hitpoints Outdated ? Usually when someone gets hit by an attack, he/she is substantially wounded. Like the OP said, it's not realistic to get hit 50 times and bounce back like pinata ready for more. If you split up the hit point system so that each body part is damaged i... 
Posted August 17, 2008 11:44:38 AM
Z-Interpolation Ok, I managed to whip something up that I thought made sense but it fails when drawing a cube. Here's a sample of how it works(I think its wrong): //where z1 and z2 are depth coordinates //where py1 and py2 are the vertical components of the en... 
Posted June 12, 2008 11:46:59 PM
Z-Interpolation Thanks guys! I am not doing this with matrices :o because I had this other idea. I know, I know, bash me all you want, but for now I will do it my way. Those links cleared up the problem, thank you silvermace and everyone who helped out. I can't beli... 
Posted June 10, 2008 9:54:35 PM
Pong While we all have huge ambitions to make some crazy 3D game, we miss the fact that just creating A GAME is a huge step. I find that I myself had too high ambitions and now looking back wish I had made smaller games to get the feel for it all. So yes,... 
Posted June 5, 2008 9:12:31 PM
GunGirl - Platform Game Public Beta The graphics look very clean IMO. Looks well done. I especially love the backgrounds. I'll give it a test run when I can. 
Posted March 23, 2008 4:37:16 PM
Zero Gear This looks so professional! I love the attention to detail. This looks like AAA work! Guys, you have something here! Very good work. Looks like loads of fun! 
Posted March 18, 2008 5:02:02 PM
Simple Rpg Questions Hey, that's half the fun! Making equations that give you your numbers. It is so satisfying! But hey! It could just be me! 
Posted March 17, 2008 12:10:19 AM
Building source via Makefile I researched some more and downloaded Cygwin and got that running nicely. So I went to the directory of the project and typed: ./configure and already it complained I'm missing things. I know they're dependancies and I made a point of including... 
Posted February 21, 2008 8:50:29 PM
SDL console window Hmm, so how does the linker do this? I've done it myself, but can you tell me the specifics of how the program is defined to have a console window? 
Posted February 15, 2008 3:22:56 PM
View All Replies Made By This User