Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Jesse Chounard...  
Full Name Jesse Chounard
Nickname Jesse Chounard 
State/Province, Country MO   United States
GD Gathering City Saint Peters, MO, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID 69401589 
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1196  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/20/2000 11:21:15 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Looking for feedback (my new C++ TinyXML Serialization code) Greetings, I've spent the last few days working on some code to help automate the process of loading/saving data to XML files. (Using TinyXml in C++.) The code has blown up into something much bigger than what I originally had in mind. In... 
Posted October 1, 2006 10:00:53 PM
OpenGL depth test problem Hello, I’m having trouble with depth testing in OpenGL. When I have the depth func set to GL_EQUAL (or GL_LEQUAL or GL_GEQUAL) everything is drawn, as if no testing is happening. If I use GL_GREATER or GL_LESS, nothing is drawn. This lead... 
Posted May 1, 2001 4:30:27 PM
Dynamic shadows and reflections Hello, Currently my 3d engine uses pregenerated lightmaps for the world geometry. While it looks pretty good just moving around the world, it looks kind of funny when an object moves around and doesn’t cast a shadow. I’ve done a li... 
Posted March 1, 2001 12:20:11 PM
Looking for artists Right off, I need to mention that I’m looking for graphics for my hobby project, so this will be a non-paying gig. (The finished game will be distributed as freeware, I expect.) With that out of the way, the project I’m currently work... 
Posted January 10, 2001 12:48:34 PM
My Music This has very little (okay.. nothing) to do with game development, but that's what the lounge is for, right? One of my favorite hobbies is playing guitar and singing, and while I maintain that I'm quite terrible, I like to punish everyone by shar... 
Posted January 3, 2001 10:37:51 PM
D3D questions Now that I feel comfortable with the basics of OpenGL, I thought it would be a good idea to learn the basics of D3D. I was wondering if somebody could help me out with a couple of things. In a given scene to be rendered, should all of the objects... 
Posted December 19, 2000 11:32:11 AM
Trouble with lights I looked at some previous threads in the forum, and it seems I’m not the only one who has had this problem, but the solutions presented in those threads don’t seem to help me any. Here’s my problem. When I enable a light, my sce... 
Posted December 4, 2000 3:42:30 PM
DirectDraw from Internet Explorer? Hello, The project I am working on (for work, not one of my hobby games) needs me to run full screen DirectDraw from a web browser. Through some experimentation, I’ve gotten DirectDraw running in an ActiveX component on a web page, but it... 
Posted November 20, 2000 5:08:29 PM
3d engine of choice? I’ve been working lately on a CRPG-like game (more of an action-adventure with stat modifications) with an overhead tile engine. I’ve decided that I’d like to switch to a 3d camera (similar to Vampire or NWN, but more overhead like... 
Posted June 23, 2000 11:51:58 AM
Data structures and algorithms for falling blocks games. I've recently written my first ever falling blocks game (see Bugz in the GameDev contest), and now I'm working on my second, and I have a few questions. First I'll explain my problem. In other games I've written (like Space Invaders), when the... 
Posted May 7, 2000 8:35:51 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
The Daily GameDev.Net Blow is better than everything else on XBLCG, in my opinion. (I have nothing to do with Blow. I'm just a fan. My game on XBLCG is Being.) Since I disagreed with a few of their choices, I made my own top ten list. 
Posted December 30, 2008 6:43:45 PM
4e6 Geez. I've been Rick Rolled three times in one thread. I've gotta start being more careful what I'm clicking on. ;) 
Posted September 20, 2007 11:33:05 PM
simple math question Sure. If you think of what you've got as a right triangle, with your y as the segment opposite your angle, and your x as adjacent to your angle, this is just simple geometry. sin(a) = opposite / hypotenuse cos(a) = adjacent / hypotenuse tan(a) =... 
Posted September 13, 2007 5:43:57 PM
Looking for feedback (my new C++ TinyXML Serialization code) I've made some substantial changes to the code, based on feedback I've received. These were the requests that I decided to work on. 1) Don't use BOOST_FOREACH, so that people who don't get Boost from CVS can use the code. 2) Separate t... 
Posted October 20, 2006 11:40:51 AM
Multiple inheritance across .dll - weirdness I changed the code to remove the void pointer and return a Derived pointer instead, and Presto! it works correctly. Polymorphism and void pointers do not mix well. But definitely follow NotAYakk's good, if not friendly given, advice to use C++ ca... 
Posted June 26, 2006 5:49:24 PM
STOP!! For wrapping, I think you meant: if( x < 0 ) { x += SCR_WIDTH; } Because subtracting from a number less than zero will just send it further out into negative space. (Unless SCR_WIDTH is negative, of course. ;) 
Posted November 27, 2005 9:10:52 AM
Rinth Island I had the same issue as Boder. (nvidia FX 5200 here) However, I was having a good time and didn't even realize that the lines were there until I saw his post and looked a second time. Fun game. :) 
Posted October 18, 2005 6:41:08 AM
C++ casting issue Nope, you can't directly strcat an int into a string. If you want to do it C-style, you'll need to use either sprintf or itoa for the conversion from number to string. Something like: sprintf(crewmember[counter].name, "%s %d", "Crew ", coun... 
Posted October 10, 2005 1:27:03 PM
Problems in C++ (WIN32 API) It's because class functions have a hidden parameter, which is called the "this" pointer. This makes the function in your class different from a standard WindowProc function, and that's why the compiler is complaining. 
Posted October 7, 2005 5:04:51 PM
Function not working in C++. Quote:Original post by Zahlman What exactly is missing? Is it possible that MessageBox doesn't handle newlines gracefully? I believe what was happening is that it was breaking on the whitespace, and so the MessageBox would pop up with just "... 
Posted October 6, 2005 5:17:45 PM
View All Replies Made By This User