Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Dim_Yimma_H...  
Full Name  
Nickname Dim_Yimma_H 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1232  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/12/2004 1:34:26 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Bad level design What are the worst examples of level design you've encountered? Here are some examples that come to mind: - When hazards are indistinguishable from environment (Tombi is terrible with those!) - When it's ambiguous if "below" is a platform or p... 
Posted September 22, 2009 12:25:09 PM
You see a C++ warning, what's your action? This is only an example: *.cpp(95) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'LONG' to 'float', possible loss of data Depending on the context, data would indeed be lost even with a type cast. Would you code a typecast to "hide" the... 
Posted July 7, 2009 2:01:39 PM
Programming design, how do you prefer it? Today I'm curious about how you prefer sorting out your personal programming tasks. Do you try to measure the time of a task, before designing the implementation? Do you feel that the design process can be timed well? Is formulating use cases t... 
Posted June 6, 2009 5:33:15 PM
To make games for nobody, or everyone The last 10 years game development seem to have gone from being the work of computer wizards, to being a free-time interest for ambitious teenagers, and now also a dream for about every serious game player out there. I've realized my little siblin... 
Posted June 6, 2009 5:23:50 PM
Twisted Mario Galaxy 2D fan game. Graphically this is a twisted view on Super Mario Bros, and certainly a shameless but loving fan game. It is vaguely familiar, and throw some grenades when you feel like. It's easy like a walk in a park since dying is impossible. Download her... 
Posted March 18, 2009 1:09:19 PM
Mario Galaxy 2D fan game demo. Some opinions? I uploaded a demo, and hope to hear some opinions about it, to prepare for finishing the game. The gameplay lets you run and jump around planet-like platforms, in a level that's strongly inspired by, and intended as homage to the Mario games. You... 
Posted January 26, 2009 3:44:13 PM
Time-independent game rating system I'm of the opinion it's time to improve game review rating systems, so this may be a discussion about finding the inner beauty of game rating numbers. [grin] Several rating systems now let games be rated with a scale of 10 steps. If they're advanc... 
Posted June 12, 2008 8:14:23 PM
Software ninja-rendered What you see in the images are software rendered ninjas, that're jumping and freely rotating. Rotate the ninjas when the platforms aren't flat. Then there are infinite shurikens and enemies constantly popping out of pipes, in a mountain valley tha... 
Posted May 6, 2008 5:33:23 PM
Jump game, with rotation! I've finished creating my platform jump game. Now ninjas need to strengthen their legs before jumping, and rotate in air to land on their feet, so try and improve your platform skills beyond flat forms! Background story: "The valley is bei... 
Posted May 3, 2008 3:11:15 PM
std::map access violation (VC++ 2005) I've been using std::map for some fair time now, but a specific combination of declaring instances of it suddenly causes access violation inside std::map::find. Usually it returns an iterator at std::map::end if if the key doesn't exist in the map, b... 
Posted August 27, 2007 3:29:14 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
GDI: anytime, anywhere I want? A "handle" variable is used when calling BitBlt, to specify which image source (loaded into GDI) shall be drawn onto screen. Blt is a "Block transfer" so it draws pixels, not an object. Or you could use the DIB functions to draw plain pixels (De... 
Posted June 16, 2010 6:05:15 PM
Visual glBlendFunc Tool This seems pretty useful. Bookmarked it! 
Posted June 4, 2010 2:29:18 PM
showing health cleanly Yeah, the health meter shapes look a bit messy, probably because they float freely over the bottom circle and are wider, so they don't seem fully connected within the unit. There are many ways to connect them visually though, I really dunno what's be... 
Posted May 29, 2010 4:33:47 AM
Smooth Animations Quote:Original post by flery Since the last i moved the windows msg pump handling to the top of update loop which helped a bit. I am still not fully satisfied with the result. Post your message loop, there is a risk it's still not perfect. Where do... 
Posted March 31, 2010 1:26:46 PM
How the heck do I start getting traffic? I would like to agree about the demographics, there are certainly many people who really like chit-chatting about news e.g. during coffee breaks, I wonder how you can reach them. Quote:Original post by BenThereDoneThat I'm trying to learn more CS... 
Posted March 31, 2010 1:13:38 PM
How the heck do I start getting traffic? I can see myself bookmarking a site like that. It seems more automatic than customizing my own feeds. And I use to check a handful of news sites regularly, though they are not in the US. The style seems a bit aged, I guess there is chance so... 
Posted March 30, 2010 5:39:09 PM
Collision response with velocity not correct with rectangle corners? I don't see anything causing sticking there, the velocity is accumulated and should keep any sliding. Especially if you have 0 force. I presume the particle is completely still when you describe it as stuck, and that there is nothing that keeps dr... 
Posted February 15, 2010 4:07:40 PM
Collision response with velocity not correct with rectangle corners? Have you made sure that the contact.normal is always perpendicular to only one of the static rectangle's sides? (And that the contact.penetration is along that vector) - Because if the normal would be diagonal (e.g. on a corner) it co... 
Posted February 14, 2010 1:50:20 PM
Need some help with jump There are some different methods, here are some different examples: A. (Very simple one, looks a bit stiff though.) Increase vertical coordinate while jump-button is held, then decrease the coordinate after it has been released. To limit the... 
Posted November 12, 2009 12:36:20 PM
Sequels & redesigned Classics Sonic Adventure 2, it's a great game in my opinion, even if the controls and camera could need an adjusted or improved approach. I want Sega to remake that one, it is a quite mighty game after all and much more solid than e.g. Unleashed. The... 
Posted November 12, 2009 12:13:03 PM
View All Replies Made By This User