Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Daspl...  
Full Name  
Nickname Daspl 
State/Province, Country MA   United States
GD Gathering City Lincoln, MA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1040  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/29/2006 6:08:52 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Phyta - finished This is my game that I've been working on for a couple weeks now in my spare time. The plants grow towards the sun and you can speed their growth by holding the mouse down. The gameplay is pretty simple and the people I've shown this to so far... 
Posted June 1, 2008 11:01:22 PM
Cellular Automata and Iterative Systems I made an image/animation/generation program and I wanted to show it off because I think it's pretty. The background is driven by a cellular system and the spirals are written according to some iterative code. Also, I think it would make an awesome m... 
Posted September 20, 2009 2:17:20 PM
Evolution! For the past month or so I've been working on an investigation of computer simulated evolution. Part of the motivation was to look into the possibility of adaptive enemies. The enemies which were the hardest to kill would survive and multiply an... 
Posted September 10, 2009 12:34:04 PM
Space Jelly Something I whipped together in a few hours. I don't intend to work on it again for a while but I think it's kinda cool to look at right now. At the moment, all that happens is the jellyfish moves to your mouse when you click. I'm sure there's a... 
Posted July 10, 2008 1:39:34 PM
Need some help thinking of a name. I've been working on this short game for a couple weeks now and I cannot for the life of me think of a name. There are a few shots up on my website but they're mostly just getting the bits of infrastructure in order and don't show too much... 
Posted June 23, 2008 10:11:38 AM
Phyta I had this idea on saturday and decided I wanted to make a game out of it and I decided I was going to finish it by the end of the weekend. I didn't quite make that deadline but it's just about done now. You play as a plant. Any questions? :) ... 
Posted May 15, 2008 12:32:31 AM
Little Fish A simple 2d game I'm making, partly for fun and partly to avoid studying for finals. So the idea is that you build creatures out of different body parts and then they go off and do something. I haven't quite figured out where I'm going with it from t... 
Posted June 13, 2007 12:56:25 PM
NSE and Mass Conservation So I wrote a fluid solver using an iterative method to enforce mass conservation and I'm trying to improve the speed of the simulation. Anyone know of a faster way to force a vector field to be divergence-less? Thanks 
Posted July 31, 2007 2:02:34 PM
SPHD surfacing I wrote program implementing SPHD in 2D to show off to my Algebra 2 class (I'm a sophmore in high school, not really bad at math) and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on creating a surface. I have yet to have any success which did n... 
Posted November 18, 2006 7:55:53 PM
newbie project let me preface this thread by saying I am new to both BlitzMax(the language I wrote it in) and programming but my friend thought this program was cool and went and uploaded it. http://www.filefactory.com/file/66c83e/ theres not much to do in it... 
Posted August 29, 2006 7:02:56 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Phyta - finished Haha oh wow. I remember this. 
Posted June 9, 2010 2:58:54 PM
Cellular Automata and Iterative Systems Each curve is defined by it's center point and radius. I could have done it as you described, NineYearCycle, but I wanted archimedean spirals and those are marginally easier to implement the way I did it since I just decrease the radius for the next... 
Posted September 24, 2009 3:58:27 PM
Cellular Automata and Iterative Systems Quote:Original post by NineYearCycle How're you creating the lines? I downloaded the program you'd written (it's great looking in action!) and noticed that you've got a folder full of tiny images for line sections? Just wondering how you're actua... 
Posted September 21, 2009 7:15:26 PM
Cellular Automata and Iterative Systems Thanks guys! 
Posted September 21, 2009 3:03:43 PM
Evolution! Quote:Original post by hymerman Hey, brilliant project! I used to play with this kind of thing a lot "back in the day". Framsticks, Darwin Pond (and GenePool), Darwin Bots, and probably a load of others. This looks like a more nicely polished versio... 
Posted September 13, 2009 9:42:40 PM
Evolution! Quote:Original post by Codeka According to this page, that error code (0x4000001f) is STATUS_WX86_BREAKPOINT, and is what's raised when a program under WOW64 triggers a breakpoint... Not sure why it'd be doing that, of course :) I don't even know... 
Posted September 11, 2009 1:17:54 PM
Evolution! I'm sorry to hear that Codeka. I have no idea what that means. At all. I guess I'll have to do a little investigation though. 
Posted September 11, 2009 12:53:59 AM
Evolution! I'm not really sure. I wrote it? To me, that is a defining factor haha. I do not know of many other evolution simulators which attempt to construct and model "organisms" in a semblance of actual life other than Framsticks. I'm afraid I couldn't tell... 
Posted September 10, 2009 1:32:24 PM
Storm That wind effect was really cool. Nice Job. 
Posted June 2, 2009 5:08:17 PM
Space Jelly thanks! 
Posted July 21, 2008 12:53:44 PM
View All Replies Made By This User