Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know xerodsm...  
Full Name  
Nickname xerodsm 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1028  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/24/2007 12:46:08 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Virtual Ping Pong Virtual Ping Pong This game should be pretty intuitive. Just click to hit the ball and try to defeat the great Ponginator 4000. This is meant to be my demo to show off my basic game programming skills. I created everything from scratch other th... 
Posted February 24, 2008 4:32:55 PM
Blending Question Hi, I'm trying to blend two images, where one image is like a mask, and represents what I want to be drawn on the screen, and the other image represents a pattern of what I want to be drawn as the texture for the mask. For example. The... 
Posted January 15, 2009 11:31:59 PM
water and cubemap Here is something I threw together over the last couple days. The Stanford bunny generates a dynamic cubemap every frame for real-time realistic reflections. The water uses projection mapping for a reflection and refraction. There is also a dynami... 
Posted March 10, 2008 5:00:53 PM
Normal Mapping I finally got my global normal mapping to work. As you can see by the texture below, the normal map is generated with the global normals. That means the object won't be able to rotate without some complicated math to change the normals around, but... 
Posted June 17, 2007 6:53:19 PM
Silly Blending Question I swear I've been searching... somehow I just can't get the solution. I'm making smoke for my game and I've got the masking to work just fine. I'm using: glBlendFunc(GL_DST_COLOR,GL_ZERO); // draw masked image and then glBlendFunc(GL_ZE... 
Posted June 27, 2008 3:57:37 PM
Cubemap Textures I've tried searching numerous times but unfortunately I haven't had any luck. I'm trying to create a simple ray-tracer using GLSL and so far I have been able to create dynamic cubemaps for certain objects and store them as textures. My question is,... 
Posted March 3, 2008 2:24:32 PM
Virtual Ping Pong This is my latest creation. It's designed to be implemented into a Virtual Reality room called a CAVE at Virginia Tech but basically it's virtual ping pong at the moment. I'm planning to add in some menus and have a playable demo up by the end of t... 
Posted December 30, 2007 12:49:50 PM
Very simple specular lighting I have done this before so I'm really not sure why it isn't working now but I have tried everything and I'm completely confused. Basically I'm using basic opengl lighting with a single directional light in my scene. The diffuse lighting works jus... 
Posted October 14, 2007 6:02:51 PM
Getting Exact Eye Position I need to get the exact location of the camera in my scene. Normally I would just use a camera class for all translations and rotations but I'm using a tookit called Diverse for a virtual environment and there are some translations made behind the s... 
Posted August 11, 2007 11:48:03 AM
Fire Water Works I've just been trying to create some eye candy for my portfolio, which is pretty much non-existent, so with a little inspiration from the July 4th I decided to do a scene with water and fireworks reflecting off the water. It can handle up to six dif... 
Posted July 12, 2007 12:24:35 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Blending Question Oh, and the black part of the image should be completely transparent. 
Posted January 15, 2009 11:49:56 PM
Silly Blending Question Well I tried quite a number of combinations with no luck... I decided to write a shader to do the blending for me. 
Posted June 27, 2008 8:50:31 PM
Silly Blending Question You're totally right, that was my mistake, the second blend function is actually... glBlendFunc(GL_ONE,GL_ONE); And you're right about me not using my alpha value anywhere, my question is, where would I use it? Like for the second part shoul... 
Posted June 27, 2008 5:38:06 PM
water and cubemap I do the motion blur effect by using the framebuffer to make a texture of the scene and I then store the last 8 frames in an array. I blur the last frame to get a smoother look by using a Gaussian blur. Then I send the 8 textures to my shader which... 
Posted April 7, 2008 1:22:10 PM
water and cubemap Just added a new bloom effect.  
Posted March 19, 2008 1:17:00 PM
water and cubemap Here's a link to a little demo showing off the effects if anyone is interested. Link! 
Posted March 17, 2008 10:16:25 PM
ToyRacers That looks really cool. I like the shaders. 
Posted March 16, 2008 10:37:09 PM
water and cubemap I sure did... Finally, haha. I also just added a little motion blur effect with GLSL and the framebuffer. 
Posted March 14, 2008 3:47:52 PM
water and cubemap Quote:Original post by agi_shi Quote:Original post by xerodsm The soft shadows aren't cast onto everything, just the floor and the walls actually. I render the scene into a texture from the light's point of view and anything casting a shadow... 
Posted March 11, 2008 12:20:39 PM
water and cubemap Quote:Original post by stein Okay... Yea, I see the shadows "bleed" a little in your last shot. What language are you writing your shaders in? Is it possible to see how you do your bluring? It's distance-based, I see :) I'm writing my shaders... 
Posted March 11, 2008 12:18:56 PM
View All Replies Made By This User