Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know PIxel_Outlaw...  
Full Name  
Nickname PIxel_Outlaw 
State/Province, Country MT   United States
GD Gathering City Great Falls, MT, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/2/2006 2:55:18 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Switching from ortho to matrix projection. I'm very new to OpenGL and have started a project to learn it. I'm currently using the ortho projection but would like to use the frustum projection. My problem is that I can't seem to use the same parameters to draw the scene. Currently I... 
Posted March 12, 2007 1:14:37 AM
Very simple pseudo 3d plotting. Hello gents. I'm interested in making a game using the old "one vanishing point" tecnique. The game won't be 3d but a more distorted 3d. Ok I just want to know how to plot points using the one vanishing point method from elementary art c... 
Posted November 26, 2006 6:00:30 PM
Gun Ranger X-freeware This is a freeware game. http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5915/newscrenlk5.png Controlls Arrow Keys: Move your ship Z button: Fire shots X button: Clear enemy shots (When scrape gauge is full) Basic Gameplay: Avoid enemy shots while dest... 
Posted August 2, 2006 11:54:58 PM
Does anyone practice strict pixel art? Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone practices pixel art with the older limits. That would be no blurr tool and low colorcount. I'm part of a growing pixel art community. I find it very enjoyable working with such limits. I make most o... 
Posted August 7, 2006 12:42:03 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
SDL Help Oddly enough I have just started programming with SDl and was going to post the exact same question. This is very good to know thank you. 
Posted July 30, 2010 12:40:12 AM
Very simple pseudo 3d plotting. Yeah the results make me want to wet myself but that darn z thing is killing it. The same rings with a z of -2  
Posted November 27, 2006 6:32:58 PM
Very simple pseudo 3d plotting. Great thanks! Your formula was just plotting in one quadrant of the graph. I threw in some trig based directional calculations. The main problem is that the viweing plane has a depth of 0 and anything higher moves to the vanishing point, ex 1,2,... 
Posted November 26, 2006 9:10:32 PM
Very simple pseudo 3d plotting. Well No, I mean like the old dungeon crawlers. (you'll have to copy/paste the link i'm not sure how to show images in this forum) http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6584/jodaddyxu8.png 
Posted November 26, 2006 6:24:33 PM
Gun Ranger X-freeware Ok the game is now complete enough to distribute. This should be the last major version. It's the first game in the showcase. This is made mostly for hardcore SHMUP fans, this doesn't necessarily mean that you won't like it. I'm just trying to keep a... 
Posted September 26, 2006 3:34:53 PM
Gun Ranger X-freeware Now I have gotten some default color paletts, The bullets are now gradients. What do you think? Link: http://www.ex0.biz/uploads/906/1157174303.zip 
Posted September 2, 2006 1:30:22 AM
"Randomized" Games Most games I make rely on randomization. I don't have the time to make long games so I let the compy make them for me. My game Gun Ranger X does axactly that. I'm a *VERY* firm believer in controlled randomization. I'm not going to hijack this t... 
Posted August 7, 2006 12:59:56 AM
Gun Ranger X-freeware I REALLY thank you for helping me. Any thoughts on making the game a bit more easy? Perhaps slowing down the firing rate....(By the way, if you only have one cell onscreen it fires at a higher rate). The shapes take alot of comman... 
Posted August 6, 2006 8:41:01 PM
Gun Ranger X-freeware I've updated the look a small bit. Try the new link to see to see it in action. http://s3.exoload.com/uploads/806/1154745587.zip  
Posted August 4, 2006 10:45:48 PM
Gun Ranger X-freeware Is the link bad for some? Or perhaps you can't start the game, use the z and x buttons. I would like to get your impressions if you have any... 
Posted August 3, 2006 10:57:07 PM
View All Replies Made By This User