Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know tomhog...  
Full Name  
Nickname tomhog 
State/Province, Country Northamptonshire   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Irthlingborough, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1030  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/28/2005 12:30:00 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
EdDidIt v0.5 Released Hi A quick post to tell everyone about my release of EdDidIt v0.5. EdDidIt is a Material editing application for OpenSceneGraph. Users are able to load models, edit and create materials, define thier own custom GLSL based materials and finally exp... 
Posted May 21, 2009 9:40:46 AM
HogBox 0.1 Hi Well it has been a while since my last post on here. I have since begun a new project, I use OpenSceneGraph alot at work so decided to write a material editor for it. It seems to be difficult to find a decent model format with shader suppo... 
Posted April 15, 2008 10:23:14 AM
Get your free 3D Combobulator (Stereo 3D) Hi Inition just released a simple ive model viewer capable of anaglyph (red cyan) and quadbuffered stereo 3d. As well and Philips 3D wow 3D. Go to http://www.inition.co.uk/inition/product.php?URL_=product_software_inition_combobulator&SubCat... 
Posted January 23, 2007 5:37:09 PM
Stereo 3D Hi Over christmas I was thinking of making a very small simple 3d game. The main thing I want it to do is show the capabilities of stereo 3d rigs. Any ideas of a simple game that could show off stereo. Ive thought of astroids, but its abit done t... 
Posted December 23, 2006 6:48:53 AM
HOG Engine Demo available www.hogsthatroam.co.uk Hi I’ve been working on a simple 3d game engine for the past few months, which has been used for various university projects. The system is capable of loading animated 3d studio .ase files. Real-time shadows for any object, particle effects... 
Posted June 3, 2006 10:36:51 PM
HOG engine demo preview Hi This is my third post on the hog engine now. Its been in development for a while and I’m now finally making a game with it, tests are going great and I have a few nice features, that are all easily loaded and managed by the system. Finall... 
Posted May 21, 2006 1:48:58 PM
Damage System, Mark 1 Hi This is the first working implementation of my procedural damage system. It can create holes in geometry, and also then take the hole in the geometry into account. It works using convex volume representations of objects, and using Boolean... 
Posted February 8, 2006 1:17:19 PM
early demo of realtime damage system avaliable www.hogsthatroam.co.uk Hi I’ve just setup a very basic website, only about two buttons work, but what the hell. I have however got a very early version of my real-time damage system on there for download, with full source code. The code is still quite slopp... 
Posted December 7, 2005 2:38:52 AM
Hog engine, test shots Hi These are a few early shots from my game engine. I am developing it for a final project for my degree. It has lots of features, including stenciled shadow volumes, 3d studio. ase model loading, Lots of collision methods and a variety of other... 
Posted November 29, 2005 1:47:32 PM
Graphic artist Hi just helping out a good artist here. Just had some work done by a steven kitchen. A logo for a small web based company. The results are great. He mentioned to me he would love to do some 2d game art. And from what ive seen, he would be ace. Ch... 
Posted November 28, 2005 8:26:25 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
The Daily GameDev.net I did a games degree and now kind of work in the industry (3d anyway). My biggest complaint was the lack of focus. I wanted to do programming and knew what was involved, but the course required I did various other content creation units (animation, m... 
Posted June 19, 2008 6:56:17 PM
Screen Space Water I need new pants Amazing mate, nice one 
Posted April 16, 2008 9:12:50 AM
NARG Seems like a good idea, I ran into the age old problem recently. Delayed my development by over a week. Also love how simple it was to test your system (and all the configurables) Keep it up Tom 
Posted April 16, 2008 9:07:35 AM
HogBox 0.1 I'm using openscenegraph's ive format for the pictured models. But can also load obj, 3ds, stl etc. Anything openscenegraph can handle. I use ive because it has a good exporter for max with decent animation support Edit Im using glsl shaders... 
Posted April 15, 2008 5:11:22 PM
Announcing the XNA Game Studio Express Update sweeet  
Posted March 21, 2007 7:28:49 AM
How can I create destructible 2D terrain like Worms / Scorched Earth? You could do it using polygons and boolean operations. I wrote a very simple (quite slow) 3d destructable terrain for my disertation at uni. I wrote a paper on the basic concept of using boolean operations on triangle. It has some good 2d e... 
Posted March 21, 2007 7:17:28 AM
acappella engine Love the shading, nice to here your including your kids. That must be sweet for them. Enjoy the rest of your mission 
Posted February 17, 2007 12:34:30 PM
Stereo 3D Hi guys Yeah I was thinking anything that invlolved alot of moving toward the camera, tennis, astroids, connons etc. If you guys are plannig on doing some stereo theres a few things to take into account. Firstly the Opengl's(not sure abou... 
Posted December 24, 2006 8:50:08 AM
Modeling foramts MD2 is probley your best bet. Alot of info out there on how to use it. 
Posted December 23, 2006 6:41:53 AM
Enimeis that always face the player[solved] Hi mate Theres a few ways of doing stuff like this.Youll also find it a realy usfull tool once you get it working. Firstly you can use small turns and a check to face the player. This just involves the ghost having a forward vector. You th... 
Posted December 23, 2006 6:33:36 AM
View All Replies Made By This User