Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know JKlint...  
Full Name  
Nickname JKlint 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1079  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/14/2008 10:08:09 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Leadwerks Sandbox Leadwerks Sandbox is a real-time editor included with the Leadwerks Engine SDK. The editor allows instant visualization of your scene, as well as interactive physics. You can see the editor in action here, or download the Leadwerks Engine evaluat... 
Posted September 17, 2008 5:26:57 PM
Leadwerks Engine Evaluation Kit Released Leadwerks Engine Evaluation Kit ReleasedPosted by: Leadwerks Software at September 17, 2008 1:45:32 PMThe Leadwerks Engine public evaluation kit has been released. Leadwerks Engine is a next-gen 3D engine with support for deferred shadowmap lighting... 
Posted September 17, 2008 1:45:32 PM
From OpenGL 2.1 to DirectX 10 Hi, I asked these question on the DirectX/XNA forum, but I wanted to get a range of opinions, so I am posting here as well. After reading the OpenGL3 spec I have decided that DirectX is the best choice for the long-term future of our com... 
Posted August 13, 2008 10:19:40 PM
Software Rasterizers Almost a year ago I was looking into some of the Larabee news and wondering about a software rasterizer. Since then, I wrote a deferred renderer for our engine: http://www.leadwerks.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmN7OLy6yUY I was doing a s... 
Posted August 7, 2008 8:11:53 PM
OpenAL spatialization is terrible I have noticed that OpenAL's 3D sound spatialization sounds awful. If the sound is to the side, it is really loud, coming out one speaker. If the sound is in front of me, it is completely silent. The direction seems correct, except it seems l... 
Posted June 28, 2008 9:00:44 PM
Deferred Rendering in Leadwerks Engine Leadwerks Engine features a unified lighting system with dynamic soft shadows. We started with a forward renderer, but it soon became apparent that a deferred approach would be easier to manage. What we didn't know was whether the deferred renderer... 
Posted June 6, 2008 11:53:13 AM
Water ripples problem It works perfect now. NM! :D 
Posted April 21, 2008 7:52:34 PM
Rotated grid shadow maps in GLSL I am trying to add a randomly rotated grid for shadow map lookups on ATI hardware. Since NVidia cards have a PCF filter, I have found this to be completely unnecessary their hardware. I am trying to produce a sort of stippled effect on... 
Posted April 4, 2008 1:41:49 PM
Vertex attributes and hardware skinning Here is my vertex shader: attribute byte BoneIndice; uniform mat4 BoneMatrices[256]; void main(void) { gl_Position = ftransform(); gl_FrontColor=gl_Color; } I only want to do one bone/vertex, to start with. Is "Byte" the co... 
Posted January 23, 2008 4:07:56 PM
Need FBX - GMF (my own format) converter (paid work) I am looking for someone to write a converter to load FBX files and save them in my own format. Here is a preliminary spec: http://www.leadwerks.com/post/GameModelFormatSpecification.pdf The idea is that you can load this straight into your en... 
Posted January 15, 2008 9:04:30 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
TV3D vs Leadwerks vs GS vs Neoaxis. Which flavor tastes the best? Yeah, if you want free, go with TV3D. The Leadwerks evaluation kit includes the tools, and the tutorials have a lot of code, so it should give you a good idea of how things work. 
Posted October 26, 2008 3:35:13 PM
TV3D vs Leadwerks vs GS vs Neoaxis. Which flavor tastes the best? I just stumbled across your post. I am the primary author of Leadwerks Engine. @ volumetric clouds and diffuse lighting The island scene demonstrates volumetric clouds. Here is a lesson on rendering sky, including cloud layers and volumetr... 
Posted October 26, 2008 12:40:02 PM
Leadwerks Sandbox The polycount is scene + shadow polys. 
Posted September 30, 2008 5:14:58 PM
Leadwerks Sandbox Only the GEForce 8 series supports depth cubemaps, and even then some older drivers won't and have to use the fallbacks. When I talk about an unwrapped cubemap I just mean a 2D texture, and I divide it into 6 arbitrary areas and decide which square... 
Posted September 20, 2008 4:31:22 PM
Leadwerks Sandbox I use cubemaps on supporting hardware, and an "unwrapped" cubemap on hardware that doesn't support cube shadowmaps. I tried "delayed" shadowmap updating once. It was terrible. The point and spotlight shadowmaps get updated when th... 
Posted September 20, 2008 11:33:34 AM
Leadwerks Sandbox Yes, all lighting is deferred so it only has to process lighting on a set number of pixels. 
Posted September 19, 2008 6:31:21 PM
Leadwerks Sandbox To rotate the view, just click and hold the right mouse button. 
Posted September 18, 2008 11:44:39 AM
From OpenGL 2.1 to DirectX 10 Okay, I am leaning towards C# and DX10 then. I am strongly in favor of smaller, more managable code that is easy to experiment with and optimize. I'll probably update our existing technology to use OpenGL 3 when and if AMD makes drivers for it, b... 
Posted August 14, 2008 2:02:42 PM
OpenGL3.0.. I mean 2.2 Khronos managed to put out a new spec that does absolutely nothing: -AMD and Intel aren't any more likely to write reliable drivers than they were before. -NVidia is still the only one that supports SM 4 features, and I see no reason for... 
Posted August 14, 2008 4:08:48 AM
From OpenGL 2.1 to DirectX 10 Thank you for your feedback. I didn't buy into the hate. I am the hate. 
Posted August 14, 2008 3:59:02 AM
View All Replies Made By This User