Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know LeChuckIsBack...  
Full Name  
Nickname LeChuckIsBack 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Indie Game Developer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 445  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/30/2005 2:48:26 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Crows clip This is just amazing! I didn't know they are so smart, to use tools like that, I thought only some monkeys can do that. 
Posted August 2, 2010 1:53:07 PM
Overloading operator= I'm trying to clean up some code and make it more natural looking and to forget about all sorts of macros and tool functions. So for the code class cObject { }; class cShape : public cObject { }; class cReference { public: cObject... 
Posted July 31, 2010 1:44:26 PM
Buddhism I find Buddhism quite intriguing. It's more of a philosophy rather than a religion, and it does not come in opposition with science in any way. It's hard to imagine attrocities and holy wars done in the name of Buddhism and many call it "the religion... 
Posted October 17, 2009 10:01:47 AM
DXUT - derivative work? So simple question, using DXUT framework in my game, does that makes my game a derivative work? Thanks. (DXUT is a Microsoft DirectX sample that provides a set of common functions to initialize and access DirectX devices and a framework that a Dir... 
Posted October 24, 2009 7:50:23 AM
Live forever Nobel Prize in Medicine So if the body production of telomerase can be stabilized, one can achieve immortality. That could be fun, of course the reproduction would have to be suspended and only reactivated to replace accidental deaths... 
Posted October 5, 2009 11:50:32 AM
questions about pixel shaders I just recently focused my attention on shaders (in HLSL) and got a few questions. How exactly do I instruct a sampler to use a specific texture stage? What's with the sampler_state thing? I understand what it does, but I don't find it def... 
Posted September 18, 2009 12:31:20 PM
game market today I was wondering how's game market doing these days. Does the financial crisis affected the business of game development and how much? Have game companies noticed any decrease in their sales this year? How's the online market doing comparing to t... 
Posted September 16, 2009 1:47:36 PM
Polyphonic synthesizer Anyone know how to generate sounds like {this} using DirectSound? I'm not interested in reproducing that matrix, but at least to generate one sound. I always used .wavs for sound / music, never tried to synthesize a sound myself so I'm not sure... 
Posted September 15, 2009 5:18:10 PM
pencil and paper-like design tool I'd like a tool to help creating logical structures, bubbles linked with arrows, sketches, help for vector analysis and other stuff specific to game programming design. Of course, a classical way for this is to use pencil and paper, but it's not t... 
Posted September 8, 2009 4:16:55 AM
Vectors and Collision, something's wrong... Hey I would need some help on a collision system I made which works like this: 1 - sum impulses in (D3DXVECTOR3)m_vImpulse 2 - reset m_vForce and then sum forces in it 3 - now build a temp position (vTemp = (m_vForce + m_vImpulse) * fDeltaT... 
Posted August 22, 2009 6:33:10 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
C++ for game development? Quote:Original post by ApochPiQ Please be careful, especially in For Beginners, when stating your opinions as if they were facts. That applies to you too, you know? Scaring beginners that C++ is a monster it's not a nice thing to do. Quote:Origi... 
Posted August 16, 2010 5:49:33 AM
C++ for game development? Quote:Original post by ApochPiQ C++ is not C with some extras. Yes it is, that's why is called ++ :D Quote:Original post by ApochPiQ Sorry, but OOP, data structures, and creating functions are not "advanced things." Especially not in C++ land... 
Posted August 15, 2010 6:15:14 PM
C++ for game development? Quote:Original post by ApochPiQ I missed out on a hell of a lot of life because I was sat inside at a computer all day. If you had fun doing it then it's certainly not wasted time. My belief is that the real life is not "outside", but wherever... 
Posted August 15, 2010 12:38:19 PM
What do you do when... Quote:Original post by Obscure Quote:Original post by Concentrate She is lucky I didn't beat the sluttishness out of her. If that is what you think you are a sad and pathetic individual. There is nothing "lucky" about you not beating her. You have... 
Posted August 11, 2010 8:47:45 PM
Is OOP better for developing games? Please, dudes, please! This is not The Congress... I understand that each and everyone has his own theory about this, but the facts are facts! 99.99% games are made with OOP. Why is that? Maybe, just maybe, because it's better for making games? And t... 
Posted August 10, 2010 7:11:50 AM
Is OOP better for developing games? Quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes I would simply say "NO". Just asking the question shows two things: you don't have [very] good grasp of game programming and you don't have a [very] good grasp on OOP (and for that matter OOD). This is not s... 
Posted August 9, 2010 5:23:43 PM
2d point in a projected bounding box If you can live with a bit of aproximation error then you can project that bounding box onto a 2D plane and, instead of searching for a point in a polygon, you build an axis aligned bounding rectangle around the projected box and then simply do... 
Posted August 3, 2010 6:11:05 AM
How would the optimal pointer syntax look like? Quote:Original post by nem123 Here is the syntax that I've come up with myself, I'm a bit hesitant about it and that's why I started this thread. Declaration: int.addr a int.addr[] b ; Pointer to pointers. Accessing memory... 
Posted July 18, 2010 6:41:01 AM
Handling a collection of short-lived objects Well, whatever method you may chose, do NOT allocate and free objects per frame. Since you say the only differences between those actors are just speed and collision method, my first thought would be to unify them in one single class (or... 
Posted October 25, 2009 12:38:47 PM
Space Spy 105 Quote:Original post by Vasily Zotov P.S.: One more personal note here: On the 2nd of November I celebrate 10 years as mental hospitals patient, real quick here under disclaimer of FICTIOUS personal notice: 'INS representatives, federal j... 
Posted October 23, 2009 2:14:44 PM
View All Replies Made By This User