Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Hodge...  
Full Name  
Nickname Hodge 
State/Province, Country PA   United States
GD Gathering City Williamsport, PA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title student programmer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1004  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/5/2005 5:54:58 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
OpenGL to lose the battle against direct 10 I personally prefer OpenGL over Direct3d. One of the biggest benefits of OpenGL is that it is open sourced where DirectX is commercial. Both are consided required for serious graphic programmer but it seems to me that OpenGL is losing favor with... 
Posted October 5, 2005 6:15:42 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
How to create a game engine Look for a book on the subject like game coding complete & Programming a Multiplayer FPS in Direct X or look at someones source code Quote:Original post by JD Get Jet3D Personnally I recommend that you stay away from the quake engines. The qu... 
Posted November 2, 2005 12:52:32 PM
How to create a game engine If you have a good understanding of how to program with cpp you should start working on a small project. 
Posted October 30, 2005 3:26:54 PM
Game Institute Launches C++ Programming for Game Developers Module II The first one wasn't bad, it still could've covered more and been longer. I recommend that you have a strong feel for C++ and are seriously interesed(sp)in game programming if you consider buying this. The VTM arn't bad if you are looking to get... 
Posted October 24, 2005 7:00:40 PM
Should web designers be reserved about using flash? Flash isn't a horible thing but it seems to be misused by alot of developers and advertisers and too many web sites resort to using flash to add some flash to their site (I am teh funniest h4ck0r alive). Also flash has a bad rep for adding too much o... 
Posted October 19, 2005 2:13:42 AM
A noob question. What exactly is .net? I am not a big fan of microsoft's .net, it's good however it's still expensive bloatware, you can do anything you will need as a new c coder with visual Cpp 6 or dev-cpp. 
Posted October 19, 2005 2:06:39 AM
Switching from SDL to open gl with SDL Quote:Original post by gumpy macdrunken http://opengl.org/documentation/red_book_1.0/ http://opengl.org/documentation/blue_book_1.0/ Great books, however these are out of date versions. You can purchase 1.5 or you can get 1.4 free. 
Posted October 19, 2005 2:02:44 AM
Books Amazon is your friend. 
Posted October 19, 2005 1:57:42 AM
Free Engine? Stick with verge for the time being if you like it. You can always use game maker and learn the easy and c-language friendly GML language for your GM games. You can also use Rpgmaker xp, which uses scripting and is uses a simple drag and drop syste... 
Posted October 19, 2005 1:55:59 AM
How to get started with SDL? The SDL tutorials are great for starters. If you have time and you you are willing to learn SDL (allegro is another similar API) you should first use those tutorials. There are some books that have some code written for SDL. I am glad to see tha... 
Posted October 19, 2005 1:49:44 AM
Learning C++ and C# You should consider learning one of these three languages. C, C++ & Java. C# is an okay language, however has some problems with working on other platforms(A problem that might be corrected in the future). After you learn your first languag... 
Posted October 19, 2005 1:44:54 AM
View All Replies Made By This User