Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know BlackSeeds...  
Full Name  
Nickname BlackSeeds 
State/Province, Country Merseyside   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1033  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/14/2008 10:44:28 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
GLSL possible issues with number of instructions / running out of temporary registers Hi, I have been experience a very bizzare problem with GLSL the last few days, and really cant find information I am looking for. My machine with an ATI 4870 runs the program fine with no problems, but im experiencing issues on NVidias 880... 
Posted January 8, 2010 6:40:42 AM
depth peeling - calculating depth in shader Hi, Over the weekend I tried to implement simple depth peeling for transparency later to be used for baking ambient occlusion. I got the basic implementation working but theres something thats really been bothering me, firstly here is how I cal... 
Posted December 7, 2009 5:25:54 AM
OrganGrinder Hi, This is my first IOTD post, I would just like to share my 3D editor application I have been developing for about 10 months as part of my final university project. It is written from scratch using C++, OpenGL and GLSL the only external... 
Posted February 17, 2009 11:40:25 PM
Keyboards and Mice Hi, just wanted to see if any one can offer advice on good keyboards an mice sets. At the moment I have a logitech MX5000 (i think) set which is bluetooth has loads of features and stuff, but its a bit tattered now like my middle mouse b... 
Posted December 9, 2008 12:11:39 PM
sprite animation texture coordinate directx bug?? Hi all, I'm at the end of my tether with this, I have been working on a 2d game with my friend for a bit as part of a uni project. most the engine is setup but theres a crazy bug in the sprite animation that I cant seem to fix. On some... 
Posted November 18, 2008 11:48:38 AM
clip plane, not working on nvidia Hi, I have just finished a water shader for a map editor i'm working on. All works fine..well did work fine on my PC (Ati x1950). When i run the program on the computers on the PC's at university (NVIDIA) the clipping plane to... 
Posted November 7, 2008 6:47:35 AM
Water Shader Artefact's Hi, I've been working on a level editor for my university final year dissertation, one part of the editor is a water shader. I have implemented most of the features I want in the shader and I'm pretty happy with the results, just a fe... 
Posted October 27, 2008 10:21:26 AM
OBB collisions using seperating axis theorem Hi, I'm just starting to implement OBB collisions using separating axis, I have read a few articles on the subject and understand the most part of it, however one thing seems to be unexplained everywhere I look. I get that there are 6... 
Posted October 16, 2008 12:05:11 PM
Updating Rotation problem Hi, I've got an issue in XNA which is driving me insane and I'm confused as to whats going on. Basically I'm new to XNA but experienced in OpenGL and Direct X with c++. I want to tween between rotations for a tank game so when you press... 
Posted October 7, 2008 3:28:41 PM
source code plugin for MS word Hi, I wasn't really sure where to post this. I was wondering if there were any plug-ins for word that could provide some nice support for writing formatting ans syntax highlighting source code in a document. Obviously I don't want to code in... 
Posted September 18, 2008 12:42:23 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
What do you use for prototyping 3D games? For prototyping, I'd totally recommend unity3d it does everything you asked for is free and cross platform. I used unity3d at work for prototyping a number of games, it is more than good enough to make a full commercial title games, but we have o... 
Posted September 10, 2010 5:18:25 AM
Realtime glossy reflections fantastic work 
Posted June 22, 2010 5:02:23 PM
[DirectX 10] Multiple ligths The method you suggested originally is still a feasible idea, just because you want multiple lights doesn't mean you have to use a deferred renderer, the other person said for 5 lights you would have to render a mesh 5 times that's not true at all, y... 
Posted April 28, 2010 4:48:46 AM
Return value from Shader I've done a similar method to how you describe before, I rendered depth into a render target, locked the texture (this was d3d9) and read the texture at the current mouse coordinate from the mouse x,z and depth you can reconstruct your world space po... 
Posted April 23, 2010 11:57:12 AM
Return value from Shader If you have a DX11 card you could use direct compute to do your GPU calculation as this is what it was designed for. You could issue hardware occlusion queries like the histogram average luminance method used in HDR rendering. Some clever work wit... 
Posted April 23, 2010 9:48:37 AM
[HLSL] Weird dark areas w/ simple diffuse light (screenshots included) Number of ways you could do it, make another matrix CPU side, that is the same as matWorld but without scale and translation so only applying any rotations when u make the matrix. If you make the translation portion of the matrix (0,0,0) the... 
Posted March 17, 2010 1:03:47 PM
[HLSL] Weird dark areas w/ simple diffuse light (screenshots included) If your multiplying with "matWorld" does that contain translation? you should only multiply a normal by the upper 3x3 portion of a matrix so it is only affected by rotation. 
Posted March 17, 2010 12:12:48 PM
Wunderwerk Engine - Backyard Demo Tested this on my ATI 4870 now, Settings on max runs at 17fps and 37fps on basic settings. I don't see any water on any setting combination. And on some setting combinations I get this compile error. --- shaders\sha... 
Posted March 12, 2010 2:33:09 PM
Wunderwerk Engine - Backyard Demo Quote:Original post by Vexator Re-uploaded once again! - ATI fixes, smooth mouse movement, fixed textures Quote:Original post by BlackSeeds Ran alright on Nvidia GTX 285 settings on full, getting 30 - 40fps I had the same thing... 
Posted March 12, 2010 10:55:31 AM
Wunderwerk Engine - Backyard Demo Ran alright on Nvidia GTX 285 settings on full, getting 30 - 40fps I had the same thing someone else said with the textures being wrong, the barrells had wood on them. Shadows look really nice, I noticed that I can see seams ... 
Posted March 12, 2010 9:10:32 AM
View All Replies Made By This User