Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Thevenin...  
Full Name Amisi Bahiti
Nickname Thevenin 
State/Province, Country Quibilah
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1113  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/16/2005 12:53:34 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Multilingual Addresses So I just read on Google News that ICANN said it "would declare an end to the exclusive use of Latin characters for website addresses" 1, but it doesn't really educate the readers on the significance of this change. It's my understanding... 
Posted October 26, 2009 9:43:46 AM
Passing a 'Type' of type 'AbstractPotato'. I have a class that takes in a variable of type 'Type'. It later casts the instance of this type to its respective type. /* set during setup of the class */ public Type abstractpotatotype; /* {much later in the code} */ AbstractPotato... 
Posted October 15, 2009 1:33:53 PM
[CIL] Where are Embedded Resources stored? I'm considering storing a large file as an embedded resource for sake of easier distribution. However, I'm worried that this will cause the RAM requirements of the application to double, as the embedded resource might be stored in RAM when the app... 
Posted September 5, 2009 8:23:10 AM
[solved] Assembly Loading and Obfuscation Tools Because I'm running some obfuscation tools, I cannot assume the name or order of types in the assembly I'm loading. The simplest example of this is my rendering code, I have an abstract class "cRendererControl" that both cFrostDirectX and cFrostOp... 
Posted August 3, 2009 7:37:22 PM
Should I use a database for this? At the moment, my code is expected to be able to store 20971520+ entities on the harddrive, and be able to modify/add small bunches of entities extremely fast. However, because it's impossible to know where to seek to, it has to recreate the ent... 
Posted July 28, 2009 7:06:00 PM
Vista and Folders (bug?) Please keep in mind that "Never happens on my machine." is not helping anyone. If you want to allege that "It's just your machine!" please provide some insight as to why (for example: "Your anti-virus software (AVG) must be messing with explorer... 
Posted September 23, 2008 12:37:16 PM
Vista Thumbnail Coding I was installing a video codec a while back, and noticed it had an option for showing a thumbnail of the video file in explorer. Looking at some of my audio and video collections, I'd love be to able to specify write a plugin for explorer that wou... 
Posted August 31, 2008 1:39:54 AM
Readonly members of an array or list. I have a book, which is basically either an array of pages, or a List<> of pages. The pages are intended to be READONLY; I don't want it to be possible to compile MyBook[2] = null; public abstract cPages[] MyBook { get; } Essentially,... 
Posted July 14, 2008 6:51:39 PM
Overhead of instantiating assemblies loaded from a file. What I want to do is -- instead of grouping (in bundles of about 5) cars (that implement abstract class "motor vehicle") in a dll. Have each car a dll. So instead of my game having about 10 car-set dlls, it has 50 car dlls. Now, the overhead of lo... 
Posted June 18, 2008 4:21:03 PM
Point-to-Point Protocol over.... ok you lost me. I'm getting ready to host my MMMMORPG1 [lol] Frostwinds again (after having it been offline for almost a year). But I'm having some difficulties setting up the network again (the guy who helped me with it last year "jumped"). Frostwinds in Early 2... 
Posted June 16, 2008 3:28:03 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Learning resources for electronics design I recommend Fundamentals of Electric Circuits. I also recommend Microchip brand microcontrollers, particularly the PICkit2 (not only can you code this Microcontroller using the C programming language, but there's also a plugin for Electronics... 
Posted October 26, 2009 12:29:37 PM
Passing a 'Type' of type 'AbstractPotato'. Ok, that works. Thanks. [grin]! 
Posted October 15, 2009 2:02:32 PM
Why does web development make so little sense? Quote:Why does web development make so little sense?Because it started as a framework for documents, then documents with styles, then documents with the ability to mimic applications, then applications inside documents, then applications with do... 
Posted August 19, 2009 6:12:18 PM
Why is remote desktop like molasses on a LAN? ... what? 
Posted August 5, 2009 8:01:14 PM
Why is remote desktop like molasses on a LAN? Quote:Original post by Sirisian hmm I tested RDP with windows 7 from my computer to my brother's a few days ago. We're both using windows 7 and using the wireless router in the house. Runs perfectly. Maybe older versions of RDP act differently. I... 
Posted August 5, 2009 12:33:00 AM
[solved] Assembly Loading and Obfuscation Tools Quote:Original post by Codeka There's a mistake there: you want to return the type of the class, not the type of the interface it implements (i.e. return TheTypes[TheLoop] instead). Yup, that and, for some reason ([rolleyes]) my BaseType wasn't s... 
Posted August 3, 2009 9:16:51 PM
[solved] Assembly Loading and Obfuscation Tools Quote:Original post by Codeka If construction of your type is more complicated than a simple constructor, you can create a factory type, which you can construct via Activator.CreateInstance and then use that factory to create an instance of the type... 
Posted August 3, 2009 8:23:13 PM
[solved] Assembly Loading and Obfuscation Tools Yah, I wrote this just now... using System; using System.Reflection; namespace FrostCommon { public static class cAssemblyLoader <T> { public static Type sTypeFromDLL(string TheURL) { Assembly Th... 
Posted August 3, 2009 8:16:36 PM
[solved] Assembly Loading and Obfuscation Tools It's obfuscating public methods, public variables, public class names. It even renamed my public Enums so that if I have an Enum like this.. public enum eRenderers { OpenGL, DirectX, GDI }; and later in my code I have something like this..... 
Posted August 3, 2009 7:53:26 PM
Should I use a database for this? Unfortuently SQL Server CE doesn't run on Linux or Mac OS X. Although I use SQL Server on the server end for various segments of the project, this particular code runs on both ends (server & client). I'm currently pursuing my bac... 
Posted July 29, 2009 1:16:26 AM
View All Replies Made By This User