Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know hellz...  
Full Name John 
Nickname hellz 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1171  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/2/2003 4:28:13 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Accessing A .NET Application from a Network Share OK, it seems I'm having a bit of a blonde moment. Let's say you decided to install a .NET application on a server and wanted clients to be able to use it via a network share. Would the clients need the .NET framework to be installed, or would... 
Posted October 29, 2004 3:52:14 PM
Quick SDRAM Question Hey guys, I'm at my girlfriend's house and she's looking to buy some more RAM for her computer. She's got an AMD Athlon XP 2000+ and after having a look at the BIOS, her FSB is running at 133MHz. The motherboard manual says that by using DDR,... 
Posted October 13, 2004 9:43:05 AM
Guitar recording It seems this is a fairly common question, and doing a search yielded this thread, but I'm not sure if it answers my questions. Basically, I've got a Marshall AVT 150W head with a 400W cab. I've also got a Boss GT-5 and in my spare time, I've bee... 
Posted September 15, 2004 5:09:48 PM
Hue Ramping 2D Bitmaps Hey guys, I'm a bit confused as how to apply a hue ramp to a bitmap, based on the individual colours of each pixel. The idea, is to create a tinted version of the original bitmap. If any of you remember the original BreakOut, if you collect... 
Posted September 14, 2004 1:38:21 PM
Subtracting Polynomials Hey guys, Right, after Fruny helped me yesterday, I managed to progress 10 or so pages and everything seemed fine. However, I've come across an example problem from the book, in which my answer differs. Here's the example: (x² - 3x³ + 4x)... 
Posted September 12, 2004 11:15:11 AM
Need some clarity for re-arranging equations Hey guys, I'm a lot further through the Practical Algebra book I'm going through, but I've run into a problem that seems rather confusing. In the first chapter of the book, the following is stated: Quote: When adding, the order of the numbe... 
Posted September 11, 2004 4:34:39 PM
Working with signed numbers: Want to check my working. Hey guys, I'm going through Practical Algebra (A Self-Teaching Guide) by Peter Selby and Steve Slavin, and I'm at the end of the second chapter, which deals primarily with the handling of signed numbers in equations. I've solved a particular eq... 
Posted September 9, 2004 2:28:29 PM
Weighted Random Numbers? Hey guys, Whilst I'm away from home, I've been planning a Breakout clone, and at some stage or another, decided power-ups would be a cool thing to implement. I've got 7 different power-up types so far, and realised that in order for them to be us... 
Posted August 31, 2004 11:28:53 AM
Book to compliment 3D Math Primer Hey guys, As I stated in another recent thread, I've been working through 3D Math Primer for Graphics and Game Development, since Sunday. I love it, and I've learnt a lot from it, but my underlying knowledge is preventing me from getting the most... 
Posted August 24, 2004 1:14:21 PM
Problems with XML Unique Constraint Hey guys, Got a tiny problem that I can't seem to get around. I've got a StudentID field in a Student table, which is generated via an XML file. The DataSet works perfectly except that I can add duplicate StudentIDs to the table. After closin... 
Posted August 19, 2004 2:09:23 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Accessing A .NET Application from a Network Share Right, cool, thanks man. Didn't think it was as simple as that! Cheers, that helps a lot. [smile] 
Posted October 29, 2004 4:01:35 PM
Quick SDRAM Question Thanks guys, you rock! Sorry for the slow response, it's just hard to get any computer time here. [smile] Thanks again! 
Posted October 13, 2004 3:10:56 PM
Being skinny I've got a similar problem to the OP. I think my biggest problem, though, is I can't seem to reach the 2,500 calorie intake per day. I feel like I'm always eating (3 meals a day regularly, with stuff between) and if I work it out, I end up about 1,... 
Posted October 3, 2004 7:40:56 PM
flash game dev Are you specifically talking about working with Flash, or the .swf file format? If you're talking about the file format, be aware that Director yields better results in terms of performance. That doesn't mean to say that all games should be produce... 
Posted October 2, 2004 7:21:23 AM
swf into exe Hmm, not sure if you could, but how about creating a stub .exe file, that plays an external .swf file? That way, you could drop in different .swf files and the .exe would play them straight away. I'm pretty sure I've seen this done before. I kno... 
Posted October 1, 2004 9:42:25 AM
Secret to Great Web Sound? Couple of things: 1. Under which browsers have you received those results? 2. Have you embedded the sound in the page itself, or have you created a Flash file which plays the file, and dropped that into your page instead? I don't know if brows... 
Posted October 1, 2004 9:36:19 AM
(Another) Simple Flash MX question In the last frame of the file, add the Stop(); ActionScript command. 
Posted October 1, 2004 9:33:14 AM
Redesign of my Template Engine (PHP) Quote:Original post by GroZZleR A typical page will look something like this: *** Source Snippet Removed *** I do however, have a concern with this approach. The global dependency on $szPage being filled in. Obviously it's "just stupid" i... 
Posted September 30, 2004 9:15:36 PM
Thoughts on a Project for a begginner Reasons for not finishing a game? I found that getting carried away with too many different things, resulted in not getting very much done. For example, it's like working on one thing, reading lots of tutorials on it and then realisi... 
Posted September 24, 2004 10:38:08 AM
Compatibility This can also be an issue, although I highly doubt it has anything to do with your current problem. I just wanted to add, that in order for tags to be XHTML compliant, they should all be written in lowercase; same goes for properties. I'm only... 
Posted September 24, 2004 10:12:11 AM
View All Replies Made By This User