Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Adriano...  
Full Name  
Nickname Adriano 
State/Province, Country Lombardia   Italy
GD Gathering City Bergamo, Lombardia, Italy
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/8/2005 11:11:40 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
JIVES Hello gamedev... long time I wanted to submit an IOTD and finally I managed, with my degree thesis! JIVES is an open source library to develop 3D IBAGs (Inventory Based Adventure Games) which is written in Java. It relies on Java Monkey En... 
Posted July 24, 2008 11:42:12 AM
Making ambient color transparent Hello! This is probably an alpha blending related question: I have a sphere lighted on a side by a distant light. This sphere has an ambient color (black, transparent) a diffuse color (gray, opaque) and a texture (opaque), and stands in a lig... 
Posted February 16, 2008 3:14:33 PM
[CLOSED]Sun, moon position: RA dec to XYZ Hello! I want to develop a realistic looking earth-viewed sky from a 3D plane (earth). I can have (RA, dec) coordinates for the sun and for the moon at a certain date and I want to position them in the skydome accordingly. I can convert those coo... 
Posted February 11, 2008 3:45:33 PM
JVLC VLM Hello java people. Do any of you ever used the java binding of the VLC player? If any do, have you ever got it to stream using its VLM functionality? Problem for me is that it fails on creation of the broadcast. String streamName = [stream... 
Posted July 14, 2007 6:34:35 AM
Error running J3D projects Hi. I've just stepped into the world of J3D and I have already stumbled! Problem is Many J3D projects closes with tis error ECLIPSE OUTPUT # # An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine: # # EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION... 
Posted September 13, 2006 1:31:31 PM
Device reset fail (SOLVED) Hi. I don't know what can possibly be wrong, but when I try to reset a lost device after TestCooperativeLevel() returned D3DERR_DEVICENOTRESET I get a D3DERR_INVALIDCALL... I simply pass as parameter the reference to the D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS I... 
Posted June 30, 2006 4:38:16 AM
bounce implementation Hi! What is the best way to implement bouncing having the "ball" position and velocity vector and the position of the 4 vertices of a "wall"? I wrote the following code: - First I calculate the faces normals - I don't know on wich face t... 
Posted June 24, 2006 2:19:09 PM
Bump surface luminosity changes? FFP Hello! Luminosity of a bump map surface changes depending on the position of the light source. Here are some screenshots: I use FFP to perform dot3 bump mapping. I dot product vertex color with normal map texture color. Do anyone of you g... 
Posted June 23, 2006 6:56:54 AM
Changing mesh vertices at runtime Hi. I need to change a mesh container vertex format in order to add the things I need in the vertex. But for some reason I don't know, when I use the following code to achieve this result, the mesh container is not drawn. I was asking why... ve... 
Posted May 24, 2006 12:39:58 PM
get vertex data from FVF desc Hello! Is there a way to get vertex data from a vertex buffer knowing only the vertex format description? I mean: if I have some vertices and I know their description is like D3DFVF_XYZ|D3DFVF_NORMAL|D3DFVF_DIFFUSE|D3DFVF_TEXCOORD1 how do I r... 
Posted May 17, 2006 6:00:00 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
JIVES Thanks for the reply! Yes this project was worth some effort... yet it's not over. I'll put up the source code on https://sourceforge.net/projects/jives in a couple of days so that it will be open to further changes. By now I'll be maintainin... 
Posted July 26, 2008 8:25:27 PM
[CLOSED]Sun, moon position: RA dec to XYZ As reported in this gamedev post: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=100346&PageSize=25&WhichPage=2 This was the solution to my problem: http://graphics.ucsd.edu/~henrik/papers/nightsky/nightsky.pdf 
Posted February 12, 2008 7:30:12 AM
Infinity - Nebulae Some are quite scary. I don't want to warp through them! 
Posted August 25, 2006 10:48:50 AM
Real-time realistic stratiform clouds shading WOW 
Posted August 12, 2006 8:56:23 AM
Plasma Pong v1.3 Screenshots This project is getting better and better. A really nice idea and realization: well done! 
Posted July 25, 2006 6:14:41 PM
The Blob Looks amazing! Great work. Can't wait to play it 
Posted July 25, 2006 6:12:39 PM
Desdinova Engine Bello! Keep on this good work. Not many italians play around with 3D engines and stuff. P.S.: che scuola frequenti? Vorrei seguire lo stesso indirizzo di studio.  
Posted July 7, 2006 4:57:49 AM
Device reset fail (SOLVED) Ok now no more panic. I simply didn't release each video memory resource. I guess I posted too early. Thanks for your reply though. 
Posted June 30, 2006 5:39:55 AM
bounce implementation Sounds great! Thank you very much. 
Posted June 25, 2006 12:07:56 PM
texture makes triangle darker instead of textured just be aware: D3DTOP_DISABLE Disables output from this texture stage and all stages with a higher index. To disable texture mapping, set this as the color operation for the first texture stage (stage 0). Alpha operations cannot be disabled when co... 
Posted June 23, 2006 7:11:44 AM
View All Replies Made By This User