Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Chad Smith...  
Full Name Chad  Smith
Nickname Chad Smith 
State/Province, Country TX   United States
GD Gathering City Rockwall, TX, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID scoobydoo082002 
Yahoo IM ID sk8dude082002 
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1243  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/26/2005 8:45:36 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Industry Interview Hello y'all! I am a Senior in high school, and we have an assignment that every senior must do AND pass to graduate high school. The assignment is a research paper. Our teacher assigned us the topic we are to write about. We were each assigned... 
Posted October 23, 2007 8:53:18 PM
CD/DVD Rom drives drivers gone... Ok, for about two weeks now I have had this problem. It all started when I went to go put a game disk that I play all the time into my CD drive. Well...it doesn't load. I try it again. Nothing. I take it out and put in another game. Nothing. I... 
Posted September 30, 2007 7:23:37 PM
const and readonly: making sure I understand them Ok, so I am reading the chapters for week 5 and it started to talk about readonly and const. At first glance I did not understand why I would use readonly when I could just go ahead and use const. const is shorter to type. lol. Then I actually... 
Posted August 8, 2007 1:15:53 AM
C++ Templates (just a general question) Alright...so I am using Visual C++ EE, and I know in C++ that templates are in header files. So my question is this though. Sense header files are inlined automatically (or was I mislead by someone) then are templates? And if they are is that ... 
Posted July 31, 2007 2:47:27 AM
Ok...so my first "good" C# Project is now finally done. It is a Guess the Number game that created in about 10 minutes. This was done by some LITTLE previous C# knowledge and by reading the specification. I was wondering if y'all could judge it...as in did I do some stuff wrong?... 
Posted July 19, 2007 2:40:27 PM
Countdown in XNA First of all let me say that I was not really sure where the best place this should be at...so I just choose here. Feel free to move it. Anyway, in the XNA demo game I am making to show my friend, I want a new enemy to spawn every 5 seconds. I k... 
Posted June 18, 2007 9:26:52 PM
So...it's released...am I the first? Well, me and my friend finally put up a place for our group (it's a local group) to be contacted and talked to by the world. Well...I was thinking about what to really do, and I finally came up with a solution. I thought about what we wanted o... 
Posted May 28, 2007 12:35:56 AM
I DID IT!!! YES!! I am so happy now. Here in Texas, we have this thing called the "Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills" Test, otherwise known as the TAKS test. Well, Juniors in high school must take the exit level test's (English, Science, History, and... 
Posted May 15, 2007 8:07:27 PM
Graphics Card Drivers and no movies Well, I did upgrade my graphics card about a month ago, and I did have problems earlier with a BSOD error, though I seemed to fix that with a graphics card driver update (haven't had it since then). Though...before that I never did have problems wit... 
Posted May 5, 2007 11:46:32 AM
error LNK2005 Well, I am beginning development on a a game with me and my friend. Anyway, I am creating the uhh..."core" parts of it. I mean, I have a little lib/wrapper made to cover up some of the stuff that are a little tedious in DirectX. I started cre... 
Posted April 24, 2007 10:14:27 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Tile Based Array C++ Quote:Original post by xXMr WaffleXx I have looked at that a bit, but I am having troubles installing SDL. Since it is used pretty often I think I need to get that installed and learn all its functions before I can move on. I was just wanting a... 
Posted June 13, 2010 1:48:23 AM
Component-based entities, looking for feedback (playable Asteroids clone!) Did not get a chance to look through code yet but I wanted to leave you a quick comment: I used it on Chrome and I didn't notice any bugs or audio bugs. I'm using the latest beta version of Chrome so I don't know if that is why I didn't notice... 
Posted May 28, 2010 10:34:07 PM
Is a Macbook Good For Programming? Quote:Bottom line? Computers are computers. Pick what works for you, but don't buy into any "magical" notions of superiority.Quote:Do however buy into the 'magical' notion of AppleCare. Macs exhibit just as many hardware failures as any other brand (... 
Posted May 28, 2010 9:39:24 PM
Is a Macbook Good For Programming? There is nothing wrong with developing on a Mac. I can develop on a Mac just as easy as I can develop on Windows, plus sense I am on a Mac it makes it A LOT easier to test multi platform products out. No more of this switching c... 
Posted May 28, 2010 2:39:47 AM
SDL Message Box Quote:Original post by Storyyeller I'd prefer to avoid the Winapi if I can since all the name mangling and C style syntax is so confusing, but it looks like I have no choice. Creating your own very basic message box in SDL would not be that... 
Posted May 22, 2010 1:38:28 AM
breakout bricks Not going to give you an exact answer, because I don't agree with giving exact answers on how to get code to work in these situations, and also because I honestly did not look at your code in detail. Though think of it this way. When the bal... 
Posted May 2, 2010 12:08:19 AM
SDL wrapper: private members SDL has a function that returns the window surface SDL_GetVideoSurface() http://www.libsdl.org/cgi/docwiki.cgi/SDL_GetVideoSurface  
Posted April 22, 2010 2:23:18 PM
Sort Button not working I could've easily missed something as I only spent like maybe one minute looking at the code. But on the first error it seems you have sortbHandler commented out when you created but are trying to use it. Then again I only looke... 
Posted December 11, 2009 1:49:13 PM
Laptop for Game Developing?!?! Quote:Original post by M2tM Quote:Original post by Chad Smith Honestly, I would say check out a Macbook pro. Why go Apple you ask? Well mostly because I must say, those machines are really powerful. I love them! Plus you could just use boot cam... 
Posted January 13, 2009 1:47:16 PM
Laptop for Game Developing?!?! Honestly, I would say check out a Macbook pro. Why go Apple you ask? Well mostly because I must say, those machines are really powerful. I love them! Plus you could just use boot camp now, boot up into Windows and you have one machine and ea... 
Posted January 12, 2009 11:51:05 PM
View All Replies Made By This User