Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know timw...  
Full Name Tim 
Nickname timw 
State/Province, Country CA   United States
GD Gathering City Los Angeles, CA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID tim_wer2000 
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1337  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/28/2005 10:28:36 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
AMD optimizing compilers I am just wondering if anyone knows of any compiler that optimizes for amd. I know the intel optimizing compiler and that works great, also the default compiler in visual studio 2005 pro is really great as far as the optimizations go, but I haven't... 
Posted August 12, 2007 2:05:19 PM
Help with extensions Hello all. Well I read what to do in the forum faq and the problem is that glGetString is always returning null. I can compile and run the demo at http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article1929.asp this demo uses the function successfully.... 
Posted August 10, 2007 8:39:24 AM
anyone read "High Dynamic Range Imaging, First Edition" just wondering if anyone bought this book, it just came out last month. I was considering buying it. Tim 
Posted December 23, 2005 6:03:27 PM
Happy Thanksgiving!!! I had to say it, lol. 
Posted November 24, 2005 1:31:01 PM
floating point hardware question does floating point hardware check for multiplication by zero and one as to make it faster? I basically got a formula with a lot of 1's and 0's but it's hard for me to take advantage of them because when they show up is random. Tim 
Posted November 22, 2005 6:15:13 AM
eliminating recursion I got a raytracer and I'm going back to optimoze the heck out of it. one thing I'm considering doing is eliminating the recursion but it seems like a royal pain to do, one thing is certian, I still need a stack for variables so the on... 
Posted October 6, 2005 2:56:18 AM
FREE intel Manuals Just to let everyone who didn't know this, know. I just got all the intel chip docs, the software developement series and the optimization guide sent to my house for free from intel. they offer it online for free in pdf format, but if you're... 
Posted September 15, 2005 4:53:27 PM
good books for practical electronics anyone suggest some good books for practical electronics? I'm computer scientist so I know all about digital stuff, but I couldn't build a damn thing if my life depended on it. basically I got a model air plane and I wanna rig up a camara to it... 
Posted September 22, 2005 4:56:53 AM
bloated exe size I have a trivial (barebones) win32 applicaiton here and it's got 20k of zeros in the top of the exe file. now if I'm not mistaken uninitialized global variables are not stored in the file, only initialized global/static. it seems weird having 2... 
Posted September 19, 2005 3:49:52 AM
A waste of time http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/ I thought it was funny, maybe because it's 2 am?  
Posted September 18, 2005 3:46:33 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
AMD optimizing compilers yup, I need to check out gcc. I haven't done so because I hear it isn't a very good optimizing compiler but I dont have much data to back that up. I'm wondering if 3d now is useless now with SSE. it still wouldn't be useless if SSE and 3dnow could... 
Posted August 12, 2007 2:38:34 PM
Help with extensions lol yup, I was calling it before I called glut init, duh! anyway I figured it out last night but you were right, thanks! Tim 
Posted August 12, 2007 4:17:08 AM
GPU raycasting no, cow is correct. raycasting is generally used to describe a 2.5d rendering technique used in games like doom and so on. although some people refer to raycasting/raytracing as the same thing. if ur familiar with the 2.5d technique ud underst... 
Posted January 9, 2007 5:59:07 AM
ifs-round II - Flames that's some wonderfull looking art man. Props 
Posted August 22, 2006 5:11:55 AM
ifs-fractals man, this is totally cool stuff. thanks for showing it. I always like nice fractals. 
Posted July 31, 2006 8:13:46 AM
Pokemon Gold PC Remake - Screens Quote: Would you mind if I made a clone of your top-selling game that depends on how much of an audiance you got. the independent games like this usually have limited audiance, I'd think it wouldn't matter. what would you rather worry ab... 
Posted May 17, 2006 6:22:17 AM
Pokemon Gold PC Remake - Screens they can sue you even if you release for non profit?? 
Posted May 15, 2006 11:56:05 PM
Stephen Colbert: Truthiness Strikes! wow, so happy to hear him dish it out like this. this guy is as much a hero as a comic. 
Posted May 2, 2006 3:11:49 AM
Toying With Global Illumination max, you didn't show me that specular scene! that's the coolest of them all. nice  
Posted April 20, 2006 1:35:03 AM
Dawnspire - Prelude this is really cool looking, good work. 
Posted April 12, 2006 4:07:13 AM
View All Replies Made By This User