Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Matias Goldberg...  
Full Name Matías Goldberg
Nickname Matias Goldberg 
State/Province, Country    Argentina
GD Gathering City Mar del Plata, , Argentina
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Independent Contractor 
Job Description AI pathfinding systems and Graphics programming 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1365  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/2/2006 3:07:55 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
AI in a fighting game: Reactive or proactive? Hi all GD.Net! I'm new to AI programming (except pathfinding) but, as always, I'm doing my homework ;) Now, I started to develop an action adventure game which I would describe it for it's mechanics as being in the middle between Kingdom Hearts... 
Posted December 17, 2010 9:41:47 AM
What's up with NVIDIA lately? Hi all! I'm a big fan of NVIDIA, but I can't keep feeling things are going down lately, regarding it's competitors, and I wanted to know if you share my thoughts: With the last GeForce 400 series, OpenGL read back transfers are insanely slow (a... 
Posted November 21, 2010 8:21:16 PM
The facebook cheat/trick! Ok, I just read it. I thought it was a joke. A myth. (Some of you may already know and it's old news for you) But turns out it isn't a joke! It actually works In your main Facebook page, press: Quote: up up down down left right left right B... 
Posted November 18, 2009 8:14:45 PM
[SOLVED] C++ Accessing a protected member of the same class from a different instance Hi all! I'm using Visual C++ Express 2005 SP1. I'm having issues accessing a protected member from an up class from a different instance of the same class. Here's the scenario: class Base { protected: int myVar; }; class Derived :... 
Posted August 8, 2009 1:40:36 PM
Has anyone noticed a duplicated entry in the Polls page? Hi! In the GD.Net poll history, http://www.gamedev.net/gdpolls/ there's a duplicate entry "How do you like your weekly dose of Journal Land via the Weekend Reading feature?" (the last poll wasn't it?... ooops no) The last poll was "When are you m... 
Posted March 19, 2009 11:24:19 AM
200 PS3 used to hack SSL certificates I'm not posting this in the news thread because I wasn't able to verify the reliability of the source (nor the claim's) Link here: http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9124558&intsrc=it_blogwatch ... 
Posted January 10, 2009 7:59:50 PM
Don't you feel some games are designed like this? Wow, my first non-serious-game-development topic. When playing some games, sometimes I feel they're being designed like this: Video link here No offense to any real designer. A friend sent me the link and I had to share this. But even being a... 
Posted December 29, 2008 2:36:04 PM
NVIDIA releases official OpenGL 3.0 drivers NVIDIA releases official OpenGL 3.0 driversPosted by: Matias Goldberg at December 17, 2008 8:58:38 AMNVIDIA has officially released the OpenGL 3.0 drivers for end-users both for Windows and Linux. Until now, the developer had to explicitely enable O... 
Posted December 17, 2008 8:58:38 AM
Integer Division by Zero...... emmm What the ...?? Hi all! You can skip the first parragraph if you don't want to read the introduction I was testing my game in an old machine, to see how well it performed on low end machines. After a couple of DirectX crashes (the old machine has a GeForce... 
Posted December 7, 2008 2:36:15 PM
Derby Attack! This game is part of the Intel Havok Physics Game Contest "Category 1: Most Innovative Use of Physics in a Game" The game was inspired in Aluminum Angel's Crack Attack!, but in 3D and Physics based. It's also similar to Tetris. The game consis... 
Posted November 16, 2008 11:13:55 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Slow Performance in Direct3D9 [solved] Quote:Original post by ccoale427 Below is the code I am using to render: BeginScene void Engine::BeginScene() { if (pSceneVertices) return; // scene has already begun pDev->BeginScene(); pVertexBuff... 
Posted January 4, 2011 10:13:18 PM
AI in a fighting game: Reactive or proactive? Just to keep the interested and curious one informed, I ended up deciding for the first algorithm I propose. With a few changes, of course. And the algorithm is doing great. It's not the best AI ever, but it works, it's fun, it's simple, clea... 
Posted December 25, 2010 7:53:39 PM
DX9 - dll problems Just FYI, if you use an old DX SDK, but not that old, it will dynamically compile to a d3dx_YZ.dll; however chances are, most of your customers will have that version of DirectX already installed. The problem often happens because developers use t... 
Posted December 23, 2010 6:30:09 PM
AI in a fighting game: Reactive or proactive? Yeah, I may have been hyped a bit. That's I've been thinking during the night. On one side, I have a nice algorithm that predicts and adapts to the player's style. On the other, I have a determined AI style that is easier to un... 
Posted December 18, 2010 5:58:48 PM
AI in a fighting game: Reactive or proactive? Thanks a lot for pointing me with some direction! I will try to get a hand on that book. From what I see from google it means a way of predicting player's behaviors based on repeating patterns, storing their frequency in a multidimens... 
Posted December 17, 2010 5:58:24 PM
Heavy Hogur Lovely! Love the art, and the fitness of the sound effects. Plus the music. Wish you luck ;) 
Posted December 14, 2010 10:05:05 PM
[OGRE/HAVOK] Copying the pose of an animated skeleton from Havok to Ogre I have no idea, it ought to be working. Another long shot, Havok might be deriving scaling propierties to children, while Ogre turns them off by default. To get a better idea of what's going on, I would leave them in the rest pose and debug... 
Posted December 12, 2010 9:53:58 AM
Overdraw sucks [deferred renderer] Quote:Original post by phantom Operation Flashpoint : Red River (aka my day job [grin]) Showing off eh? That looks superb! Congrats to the whole team Quote:Lots of books and sources say things like draw front to back in one chapter and th... 
Posted December 12, 2010 9:32:13 AM
how to creat a multisample pbuffer Am I reading "pbuffer" in 2010? Most likely your OpenGL driver doesn't support pbuffers anymore and that's why it's failing. IIRC NVIDIA implemented in their drivers only for a short period of time. AFAIK they're also no longer supported by AT... 
Posted December 8, 2010 10:08:51 AM
Automatic server switching Hi! I'm no expert, but the way I would do it is by having everyone ping everyone. For simplicity, I wouldn't ping N^N times, but rather N! times since I would assume ping( A to B ) * 2 = ping( A to B ) + ping( B to A ) (I would like to know f... 
Posted December 7, 2010 9:03:47 AM
View All Replies Made By This User