Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know RobN...  
Full Name Rob N
Nickname RobN 
State/Province, Country West Midlands   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Solihull, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Student 
Job Description Software engineering 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 988  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/9/2006 2:41:06 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
My first game. Here is my first attempt at game programming, written in C++ and SDL tell me what you think !: http://www.libsdl.org/games.php?order=name&category=-1&completed=0&os=-1&match_name=DART&perpage=50 
Posted November 8, 2006 2:06:53 PM
Strange Problem After rewriting alot of my game and thinking its working properly i decided to try run the exectuble instead of Dev C++ - Compile & Run(which works fine). I double click it and it says "This application has failed to start because SDL_image.dll w... 
Posted October 20, 2006 2:14:09 PM
Loading images in SDL help. Im using SDL in Devc++ and writing my first game and am having a problem with image loading. Heres my code: Object class .h Quote: class object //simple object template { public: char * path;//store file path to objects image int ve... 
Posted October 15, 2006 11:51:13 AM
Looking to form a team of beginner game devs. Looking to start a team of beginner Game devs, The aim is to expand our knowledge and hopefully write a few simple games(no MMORPG or hl2). Ive been programming in c++ for a few years and have had experiance in Win32 api programming & winsock, but... 
Posted August 9, 2006 5:08:17 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Creating a 2D game by yourself possible? How difficult? Data structures and design patterns arnt necessary IMO "Dont even bother with c++" is nonsence . C++ would be a good choice if you want to get into the 3d side later on and theres plenty of fairly easy 2d libraries available. Object Orient... 
Posted May 18, 2007 5:30:38 PM
WM_KEYDOWN vs. GetAsyncKeyState You could also look at SetWindiowsHookEx() and specify a keyboard hook(global or local). GetAsyncKeyState() is going to be global so it will be triggerd even if your apps minimized. WM_Keydown will be relative your window. WM_KEYDOWN i expect... 
Posted May 13, 2007 8:50:51 AM
Cin that does not pause...? If you dont care about portability you could use the win32api CreateThread() and stick all your processing code in a seperate thread. 
Posted May 13, 2007 8:27:47 AM
is possible to make advanced games with C#? The current stereotype is C# is slower than c++ maybe some of you c# proponents could run an few tests and prove the stereotype wrong. Flaming ejele for not justifying his claims then claiming c++ code is so badly written its slower(markadrake) with... 
Posted May 11, 2007 2:38:44 PM
Real-Life Skills? I have the power to kill a yak from 200 yards away with MIND BULLETS. 
Posted April 4, 2007 6:11:24 PM
Rating Be polite. Dont have an opinion, dont reply unless you either have a irrefutable fact or are telling the people what they want to hear. If theres any conflict in opinion your rating will be shot to hell. 
Posted April 3, 2007 6:12:10 AM
the coming robotic revolution? Develop some kind of robot that will wash the dishes and then dry them for you. 
Posted March 26, 2007 6:05:08 PM
source code Id give up the dialog box in AOE is not Winapi generated so it will be incredibly difficult to modify it. Also you agreed not to modifiy it when you clicked "Accept" on that long page of text entitled "Eula" it displayed when you installed it. 
Posted March 20, 2007 9:00:46 AM
Making an rpg. I said nothing about how much c# information is out there only c++ has good resources and i recommend it. You dont have to argue everything !  
Posted January 28, 2007 10:44:22 AM
Making an rpg. Sorry if dismissing c# for game development caused offence obviously people see it as a viable option however i still recommend c++ as its popular and theres alot of good resources on it: www.cprogramming.com http://nehe.gamedev.net/ http://l... 
Posted January 28, 2007 8:27:45 AM
View All Replies Made By This User