Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Carradine...  
Full Name Chris Allar
Nickname Carradine 
State/Province, Country WA   United States
GD Gathering City Kirkland, WA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Programmer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1054  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/24/2001 1:49:25 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Game Connection My Experience as an Indie Developer I wanted to write up my experiences about Game Connection for other Indie Developers since I could not find any clear information about experiences at Game Connection on the web, and wanted to give other people an idea what it is about, and whet... 
Posted March 18, 2010 2:22:19 PM
Vantage Full Version Released I have posted as pic of the day a couple times before, but with my "final" release, and the huge influx of new artwork, I thought I would show an updated version of my game. Vantage is a prehistoric simulation game I have been working on for ma... 
Posted October 28, 2009 10:38:49 PM
Vantage Final Version Released FULL RELEASE! After 10+ years of designing, implementing, and improving, this game has finally been completed! I am happy that I have successfully been able to put into reality everything I planned to put into the game from the start. Thanks to some... 
Posted October 28, 2009 3:59:31 PM
[Paid] - Artist Needed - Gameplay Complete IGF, IGC Submission 2009 Project name: Vantage Brief description: Indie Game - RPG/Simulation Target aim: IGF and IGC Submission Compensation: Independent Game Credits $1000 for 50-75 med/low poly meshes by October 30th Talent needed: Artist (texures/model... 
Posted September 23, 2009 11:28:08 AM
Vantage Alpha - Terrain Upgrade Download the game: The Vantage Game Website: www.crystaldragon.com NEW VERSION! I thought I would release an interim version to the Beta version due to the massive amount of changes and optimizations I have done. A quick summary of some o... 
Posted August 17, 2009 11:50:06 AM
Render a mesh using a different D3D Device? I am attempting to make icons for my game my using exisitng DirectX Mesh Objects by using a render-to-texture process. I have fully implemented that system, however the render-to-texture code uses its own Direct3D Device to create its own viewing ar... 
Posted July 13, 2009 8:16:30 PM
Vantage - Prehistoric Simulation Game This image post is more of an update to a post I have made earlier in the year. This shows how much just a few shader adjustments, textures, and meshes can completely change the look of a game. Thanks to Jason, the artist currently doing all of the... 
Posted May 27, 2009 10:12:58 AM
Vantage - prehistoric crafting game This is my game that I have been working on for over 6 years now. Vantage is a prehistoric crafting game where your objective is to stay alive. You roam the world trying to find food, hunt, build fires, and craft tools and weapons to make your... 
Posted February 25, 2009 1:53:17 PM
HLSL Mip Map Levels and Performance I am looking to manually change the texture resolution of some of my meshes by accessing Mip Map levels (control the the resolution of the textures ) and currently I am taking my base texture, and using tex2Dbias() within my HLSL pixel shader to acce... 
Posted June 6, 2008 3:28:37 PM
New Version of Vantage released I have released the new version of my game: Vantage Here is a description: You play a pre-historic caveman. The objective is simple: stay alive! Try to explore the world and forage for food, try to gather the materials for a fire and make ... 
Posted March 31, 2008 12:48:29 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Game Connection My Experience as an Indie Developer Most people there know that it is a 30 minute power meetings. They know to have quick pleasantries then get right to it. I usually just break the ice with "so how have your meetings been going so far?" Then it usually gets right down to business af... 
Posted March 31, 2010 12:16:34 PM
Vantage Full Version Released You play a pre-historic caveman. The objective is simple: stay alive! Try to explore the world and forage for food, try to gather the materials for a fire and make one before it gets too dark to see and too cold to function. Craft stone, wood,... 
Posted November 1, 2009 12:19:54 PM
Vantage Full Version Released Yup, 10 copies, 2 video disks, and booklets, all mailed :) 
Posted October 29, 2009 11:47:10 PM
Vantage Full Version Released Yes, unlike most Independent games, my game is not a casual, simple game, it gets rather complex. 
Posted October 29, 2009 5:11:32 PM
[Paid] - Artist Needed - Gameplay Complete IGF, IGC Submission 2009 There are only a handful of large objects needed, I only need about 5 1000+ poly trees. The rest are mostly 50-250 poly meshes, with a few in-between. But not every single object needs to get done, its the more the better. The object... 
Posted September 30, 2009 11:49:32 PM
[Paid] - Artist Needed - Gameplay Complete IGF, IGC Submission 2009 I am still looking for an artist for people who may be looking still, but I should state a few other points to make things more clear: - Please have some type of portfolio, or just some examples of your work which that can be viewed. - I am loo... 
Posted September 30, 2009 1:21:14 AM
[Paid] - Artist Needed - Gameplay Complete IGF, IGC Submission 2009 I am not against having more music in the game for sure. However the artwork is that main aspect which I need, and of which the payment is only for. But I can certainly use more music/sounds! 
Posted September 29, 2009 12:06:57 PM
[Paid] - Artist Needed - Gameplay Complete IGF, IGC Submission 2009 I have updated the original post as I am now including a small amount of payment as time is running short. The original post fully describes the changes. 
Posted September 28, 2009 12:24:41 PM
Vantage Alpha - Terrain Upgrade I Released a new version - Open Beta (Pre-release). The links above take you right to the new version. Enjoy! Again any comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated! 
Posted August 31, 2009 2:31:53 PM
Render a mesh using a different D3D Device? Thanks for the info and advice, and I have done just that. I now only use one device, and by just passing the render target through a shaher helps to remove a great deal of the rendering code that was overriding alot of the rendering optio... 
Posted July 14, 2009 2:05:40 PM
View All Replies Made By This User