Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Neutrinohunter...  
Full Name  
Nickname Neutrinohunter 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1039  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/24/2007 7:39:38 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
.X Compressed Format Hi, I've been trying to improve my .X Loader with adding more functionality but am proving at a loss on how to deal with compressed .X Files. I've a few compressed .X Files from the purchase of "Programming a FPS in DirectX" so want to give t... 
Posted September 17, 2008 8:35:45 AM
ShadowRender - A shadowing application for testing This is an application I created for my final year project at University and since I've harboured these forums for a while giving thoughts, I thought I post the results of the project. The aim of ShadowRender was to develop an application capable... 
Posted April 28, 2008 12:05:28 PM
Weird Texturing Problem Okay recently Ive been having a weird texturing problem with OpenGL and I haven't been able to find the source. But I've just tried stuff that I know should work fine and I've got these results. (Taken from NVIDIA SDK 9.5 ) Any ideas wha... 
Posted March 18, 2008 9:15:50 PM
Stenciling for Shadow Volumes I seem to getting understuck with this stupid algorithm, I fix one thing and it causes a problem somewhere else, so I am asking here for some pointers on things I may be doing wrong. I get weird stencilling artefacts such as these (below... 
Posted March 2, 2008 6:40:58 AM
GLSL Shaders I'm having trouble with any form of shader at the moment, it seems I get weird artefacts when I move around, And this happens with any form of shader so I'm wondering whether there is a problem with my matrices or in the way I'm using them. ... 
Posted March 4, 2008 5:43:50 PM
Shadow Mapping Transparency (Making Shadows Not As Black) I've noticed particularly in the latest methods of Shadow Mapping, (CSM,PSSM, TSM etc) that they can seem to blend the shadow map with the surrounding environment and I wondering how it is done. For geometry based methods, you just set the transpa... 
Posted February 17, 2008 11:21:32 AM
Stencil Shadow Volume Problems I have been looking at various shadowing techniques for a project I'm doing and am finding a lot of difficultly with the two main ones (Shadow Mapping and Stencil Shadow Volumes). Today, I am having problems with the implementation based ... 
Posted February 10, 2008 2:05:50 PM
Shadow Mapping I have a few questions to do with Shadow Mapping. I have managed to get an implementation of it working but I have various artefacts and things I want to add. Artefact: http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/644/artefactqn5.jpg See the lines to the... 
Posted January 27, 2008 6:04:24 PM
Weird Segmentation Error(s) I am getting a lot of segmentation errors in the gdb debugger after I have made some changes and recompiled my project. If I call a function through a pointer: boundingBox->recalculate() And boundingBox isn't NULL and recalculate() doesn't... 
Posted January 26, 2008 8:50:24 PM
GLSL Basics I have been reading GLSL Basics as I am trying to implement a Shader Library into an application I'm writing and I'm a little stuck. As far as I can tell my system supports OpenGL Version 2.1 (QT Code is saying this), however when I try to compile... 
Posted January 2, 2008 4:10:23 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Help! Aliens! - my finished game!!! heh. For a moment I thought that said "Help Aliens Finished My Game" lol. Looks cute, interesting colour scheme. I'm presuming your not using any shaders? 
Posted June 24, 2009 7:16:34 AM
Help! Aliens! Looks okay, I would try to polish up the quality with regards to textures used etc so your screenshots do more justice: Above poster: I didn't see anywhere about him selling his game, he may well be giving them away for free. He was mentioning abo... 
Posted March 18, 2009 9:06:24 AM
Grow I'd love to use that GUI if you are willing to open source, you do have a lot of creative talent. With what I've said so far it seems like I've disregarded your procedural work, but that also is fantastic. I'm hoping to one day get my bum in... 
Posted March 15, 2009 4:49:26 PM
Grow Regardless of what the app does that GUI is amazing. Have you got any plans to release how you've done it, a demo or open source the skin? That is probably the best GUI I've seen in a long time, I think it looks better than the mac styling which s... 
Posted March 12, 2009 8:28:24 AM
GPU-based river (waterflow) simulator! Looks fantastic, I'd love to see an article. I'm interested how a dynamic particle system with rain/snow would fit in with this and how your method would deal with that. As soon as I get a new PC I'll try this demo out. Jamie 
Posted March 1, 2009 5:49:47 AM
Ferrari F50 Fantastic model. I am utterly bewildered by the above posters comments, it looks realistic and very good piece of artwork. Some bits are a little too shiny, but with a shader like taby said it should look great. You don't happen to be releasing th... 
Posted January 22, 2009 6:23:14 PM
beGUI: an OpenGL GUI library Looks great. Going to try it out now. I might even use this as a cross-platform GUI for my 3D modelling library. Obviously its Windows based, but I'm plenty of people would be happy to port it, hell I probably would. Regards, Jamie 
Posted January 22, 2009 3:47:34 PM
Slovan Village WIP Looks fantastic, I could have sworn some of the shots were photographs with the background blacked out. I so want to have your modelling capabilities its untrue! Looking forward to a full technology demo of this stuff, Vilem. Cheers, Jamie 
Posted October 14, 2008 7:39:29 AM
Assault Rifle The background could be much lighter. I find good cream colours suitable for this type of work. Looks good, better than anything I can do :) 
Posted October 13, 2008 7:53:12 AM
Teranium - The Procedural Generation and Rendering of Real-Time Outdoor Environments Looks fantastic, I'm a fellow UK graduate and thats extremely impressive work for three months. Wondering how easy it would be to abstract to OpenGL and whether your dissertation is available for public viewing (I'm particularly interested in your... 
Posted October 6, 2008 7:08:27 AM
View All Replies Made By This User