Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know burgess_1984...  
Full Name  
Nickname burgess_1984 
State/Province, Country Greater Manchester   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Wigan, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1020  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/29/2005 5:55:12 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
help for begginer Im confued a little, I need to check if the user has inputted a Y or N character and I wrote this to check but i keep getting an error. please help. if (dataBool == y) { ofstream fout (dataName); cout << "\nData saved to " << dataNa... 
Posted February 27, 2006 11:23:19 AM
WAV Playback Im having trouble playing a wav file in my game. I put the wavs in the resource file as so:- BackMsc WAVE gamemusic.wav PaddleSnd WAVE paddle.wav BlockSnd WAVE block.wav and included the resource.rc and then tried to play the sound as s... 
Posted August 1, 2005 11:53:53 AM
A basic compiler error Hey there Im having alot of trouble trying to compile a programme. I have followed the authors directions for compling and included all the files and directories and im getting this recuring error with string.h sdk\include\string.h(143... 
Posted July 29, 2005 6:02:27 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
help for begginer Yes your right, the reason I had done this wasnt because of a tutorial but because I assumed I could do it. Earlier in the programme I had done this :- if (input == 1) { system ("cls"); newData(); } I... 
Posted March 1, 2006 1:44:44 AM
help for begginer ISO C++ forbids comparison between pointer and integer 
Posted February 28, 2006 11:17:42 AM
help for begginer OK, now Im having another problem.. If I use a char in the IF statement the programme doesnt act on it, whereas if I use an integer the programme responds ie cout << "Is this data correct 1/0\n"; int dataBool; cin >> data... 
Posted February 28, 2006 10:37:34 AM
help for begginer Fixed. So dumb of me, thank you. 
Posted February 27, 2006 11:35:26 AM
help for begginer y undeclared, first use this function. I want to know if the char Y is in the variable , as in Y or N. .. ps good luck with that OS. 
Posted February 27, 2006 11:31:43 AM
WAV Playback Thank you soooooooooo much zoggo! 
Posted August 3, 2005 4:15:46 AM
WAV Playback OK I went down the ID route so RESOURCE.H :- # define SOUND_ID_PADDLE 1 # define SOUND_ID_MUSIC 2 # define SOUND_ID_BLOCK 3 RESOURCE.rc:- #include "RESOURCE.H" SOUND_ID_MUSIC WAVE music.wav SOUND_ID_PADDLE WAVE paddle.wav S... 
Posted August 2, 2005 2:58:19 AM
WAV Playback sadly this didnt work but thanks anyway 
Posted August 1, 2005 12:21:10 PM
A basic compiler error Thanks a lot people, I fixed the compile errors by removing the standard files from the sdk dir and then found about linking errors but fixed these on my own. I forgot to include ddraw.lib also. Now i can start to look at the code and s... 
Posted July 30, 2005 1:53:15 PM
A basic compiler error Im using ms vc++....... 
Posted July 30, 2005 6:59:59 AM
View All Replies Made By This User