Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know mike003...  
Full Name  
Nickname mike003 
State/Province, Country NC   United States
GD Gathering City Cary, NC, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/2/2005 4:56:08 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
A little rusty Hey everyone, Its been quite a while now since I've done any C++ at all, and when I left off I was still a begginner, so naturally I've forgotten most of what I had learned. I do remember, however, geting a suggestion be someone a while ago abou... 
Posted March 11, 2006 10:11:04 PM
Linked Lists I'm Taking the www.cprogramming.com series of c++ tutorials, and up to now I have been doing completely fine. I just, however, took the tutorial on linked lists and almost ALL of it went over my head. Can anyone give me a better explanation, or... 
Posted August 23, 2005 8:52:07 AM
Tutorials Hey, I am learning C++ and I am in need of a good tutorial (that I can get for free). I know the basic stuff such as cout<<"" and variable types (and a minor understanding of pointers), but not anything like objects or any other things like tha... 
Posted August 15, 2005 7:44:51 PM
error message I use Microsoft Visual Studio.NET to program and i keep on getting an error message. I just made some changes (which, conveneintly, i dont fully remember so i cant just undo them) and tried to compile. The window pops up, the program completely... 
Posted August 12, 2005 12:28:14 PM
GetAsyncKeyState() How would I use GetAsyncKeyState() in my code? I tried just subtituting it in for getchar() (which I was originally using, but i dont like the pause), but that wont work. Pls help, becuz its getting reeeeally annoying. 
Posted August 11, 2005 5:43:44 PM
pong update Ive been working on pong now for a while, and i'm trying to use getchar() to detect the keys. for some reason, it always keeps on pausing for input of the character every time. heres that part of my source code, tell me if anything is wrong... 
Posted August 11, 2005 11:05:29 AM
game making I am working on trying to make a simple pong game in C++, using just characters ( such as "|" for the paddle, and "o" for the ball. I have figured out how to do everything except one thing: I need to know how to make it so that you can just... 
Posted August 2, 2005 5:05:45 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
A little rusty Thanks a lot thats what I was looking for. 
Posted March 21, 2006 4:08:40 PM
A little rusty Thanks I'll work on it. 
Posted March 11, 2006 11:17:08 PM
C++ buying question im dont have time to find the exact url, but google '"visual studio,net" beta' and go to the microsoft website. you can get beta microsoft visual c++ .net beta 2 now for free. check it out! 
Posted August 22, 2005 7:41:15 PM
Tutorials Oops, forgot to sign in, that last 1 was me :). 
Posted August 17, 2005 9:09:51 PM
Tutorials Thanks a lot... I'm no doubt going to make the next "Halo" :). 
Posted August 15, 2005 8:40:34 PM
error message Lol i completely....don't understand. Well, i kind of understand. But oh well, I cant expect every1 2 always answer my problem 4 me. Ill just inspect it a little more myself and learn something new :). 
Posted August 12, 2005 4:14:21 PM
pong update how would i use GetAsyncKeyState() in my code? edit: any1 feel like answering?... [Edited by - mike003 on August 11, 2005 3:34:51 PM] 
Posted August 11, 2005 12:34:08 PM
pong update what do i do if im not using sdl? 
Posted August 11, 2005 11:44:19 AM
game making Thanks all for your help, ill look into it and tell you when im succesful :) 
Posted August 3, 2005 4:10:25 PM
View All Replies Made By This User